My Online BF Dumped Me Because I'm Fat :( :( :(

Options

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Wait - he's a soldier and he weighs 250+ at 5'5"? did anyone else stop there knowing this was all a BS story?

Yeah, that and the "in my country there's no divorce" got me thinking it was all a bit fantastical...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    This isn't a weight issue. He's a nutcase and you have zero self esteem. He want's nothing to do with you. WALK AWAY and move on. Lose the weight or don't lose the weight but work on your self esteem!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    ONLINE BOYFRIEND?

what is this?

Catfish?
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those vodka margaritas lol
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Wait - he's a soldier and he weighs 250+ at 5'5"? did anyone else stop there knowing this was all a BS story?

Or that this is her only post, and has no MFP friends?
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the greatest date ever!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I did. He would not have been cleared to deploy if he were overweight.
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Papa was a trollin' stone ...
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • Pezko
    Pezko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It was very kind of you to be so concerned for his health considering how drunk and unstable he was that evening. But if your first time meeting in person was that big of an explosive trainwreck... well, sounds like there's a bullet to be dodged here. You can learn so much more about a person's true nature meeting in-person than from whatever cleaned-up stories / lies they can feed you online.

N'thing that I saw nothing in your story indicating he dumped you over your weight.

EDIT:
    Oops, yeah... fishy story the more I think about this. Oh well, thanks for the entertaining thread!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    ONLINE BOYFRIEND?

what is this?

I also lost her at "online boyfriend".
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • Dona_Maria
    Dona_Maria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    He seems like a wackjob. He did you a favor. Appreciate it.

I agree with this. I think you need to focus on yourself more, I'm very sorry this happened to you but keep your head up. I don't think your weight is the issue here, there is more going on and it isn't you. Keep going, unless you like drama cause that date would have been the end for me. Wow. Remember self-respect!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    NOTHING makes me think he dumped you because of your weight, I think that is your issue. His, however, are too many to list. Think yourself lucky you've got away from him and move on :flowerforyou:
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Your weight was not the problem and neither were you. He probably had PTSD. And being super drunk like that didn't help. I had an online friend kinda like that. He was also in the military and he would say beautiful things to me then one day he snapped and said don't call me again or i will call the cops. He ignored me and just was a totally different person. So i know that it wasn't you it was him. So don't beat yourself up about it. Try to move on and find urself a better man that will treat u the way u need to be treated. I hope you better urself for u and i hope u find what ur looking for.

P.s. I am so sorry that happened to you.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

Yeah, that and the "in my country there's no divorce" got me thinking it was all a bit fantastical...

All of it did not make sense.. I was thinking the same things as these ladies, plus some of the story does not add up.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options

This too.... I got caught up with the vodka margaritas that I forgot this very valid point.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I had to think about this one for a bit.

The problem is the topic. It should be:

My Online BF Dumped Me Because he has some serious emotional demons.

My heart goes out to you for having to endure such a horrible experience.

I don't know if he went to Afghanistan with the demons, or if they are the consequence of war, but you did not deserve your heart trampled like it was. Hugs.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

oooooooh yea... lol
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm not hearing anything in your post that says he dumped you because of your weight. Pretty sure he dumped you because he's a spineless coward with an alcohol problem who hasn't gotten over his ex. End of story.

Now, get on with your new healthy lifestyle, not so you can find a guy who will like you now that you're thin, but so that you will like yourself enough not to assume it's your weight that was the problem instead of recognizing the guy was a whackjob and you just dodged the bullet of what could have been a dangerous relationship.
This discussion has been closed.