HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I came to the kitchen to eat Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Talenti. But thanks to looking at such beautiful ladies, I am no longer thinking of ice cream. You are all incredible.

awesome.. now hand over the ice cream.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Maybe I missed the point, but this thread was started so that:

A) The myth that heavy lifting for women would make them bulky is busted
    2) Was trying to get more women to post some before and "during" pics of what lifting has done for them

and

III) Was NOT designed to be a progress thread or motivational "look at me and what I lost" thread, she already posted that one so it's kinda pointless to do a repeat.

The pictures are there and if you don't like the pics, read the measurements, they tell the story as well. IF you don't like the way the OP did things, this is a public forum so you can start your own threads, I'm sure you'll get glowing reviews.

Quoted For Truth and Awesomeness
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Bulky is a subjective term. An opinion. Your after pic is not a look I aspire to for myself. You're not as bulky as some of the women on here with weight lifting progress pics, but yes, my *opinion* is that you look bulky *to me*.

Is it a "bad" look? Am I "body shaming" you to say that I don't like that particular look? NO.
    Just as it is not body shaming to say I never want to look like Peta Wilson. She's a beautiful woman, but I find her too thin. Again, not a look to which I personally aspire.

Congratulations on achieving a look that YOU want, and feel is attractive. Congratulations again on finding a fitness activity that you enjoy.

But can we please stop with the constant lulz at women who do not enjoy weightlifting? We get just as tired of hearing about how pathetic we are for not lifting "heavy" as you get of us saying we don't want to be bulky. It's not hard to share your success without poking fun at the people with a different view of success.

wut1.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    I came to the kitchen to eat Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Talenti. But thanks to looking at such beautiful ladies, I am no longer thinking of ice cream. You are all incredible.

awesome.. now hand over the ice cream.

Sabotage!!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    I actually don't see a lot of muscle definition in that pic at all...........

She has other pictures showing some pretty admirable arm definition and her back definition is nomable. She intentionally didn't want to highlight muscle definition, because the point was to show her progress from not lifting, to lifting heavily and let other women know that you can lift weights and still maintain a highly feminine figure. Oftentimes made MORE feminine through weight training.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    me before i started lifting heavy- 145 pounds

fatpic.jpg
    me after lifting heavy holding my 18 month old. around 130 pounds- my profile pic is almost 2 years of heavy lifting.
    meandgigi2.jpg

Wow !
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    When women say they don't want to bulk, they mean they don't want to get bigger.

OP did not get bigger.

Thus, OP did not bulk.

Whether a person likess her look or not plays no part in the objective reality.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member

fatpic.jpg
    me after lifting heavy holding my 18 month old. around 130 pounds- my profile pic is almost 2 years of heavy lifting.
    meandgigi2.jpg

Wow !

holy crap that's awesome
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

Wow !

holy crap that's awesome

Deleted pics just to save room, but seriously, I LOVE all of these pictures. Unbelievable.

And awesome that you have the courage to put it out there, ladies!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    n'ermind. Crazy person is not worth the strike
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

She has other pictures showing some pretty admirable arm definition and her back definition is nomable. She intentionally didn't want to highlight muscle definition, because the point was to show her progress from not lifting, to lifting heavily and let other women know that you can lift weights and still maintain a highly feminine figure. Oftentimes made MORE feminine through weight training.
    Thank you! I purposefully posted pictures of myself NOT flexing to illustrate that women who lift don't walk around in perma-flex mode. This wasn't a "ZOMG LOOK AT MY MOOSLES" thread. This was to illustrate that lifting makes women smaller, not larger.

Aside from a select few, I believe the point has gotten across, and that makes me happy.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Back to the OP's original point:
    My 'before' and 'current'.
    The first pic is before I started any kind of working out. I was probably between 27-29% body fat. The second pic was taken just today and I'm about 20% body fat. I have been lifting heavy for about 8 months and love it! I am definitely NOT what I would consider bulky!
    Before:
    BeforeCurrent_zpscf44c8ef.png

Today:IMG_4655_zps566c8c3b.jpg
    HOLY EFFING COW, WOMAN!

You look AMAZING!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    sarahstrezo!!!! AWESOME!
  • whierd

Thank you! I purposefully posted pictures of myself NOT flexing to illustrate that women who lift don't walk around in perma-flex mode. This wasn't a "ZOMG LOOK AT MY MOOSLES" thread. This was to illustrate that lifting makes women smaller, not larger.

Aside from a select few, I believe the point has gotten across, and that makes me happy.

Now that your point has been made, can we see your muscles? :tongue:
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Pic on the left - 155lbs. size 12 cardio only
    Pic on the right - 155lbs. size 6 lifting and minimal cardio

The two pics are taken about a year apart.

32479585_8792.jpg
  • whierd
    The first pic is before I started any kind of working out. I was probably between 27-29% body fat. The second pic was taken just today and I'm about 20% body fat. I have been lifting heavy for about 8 months and love it! I am definitely NOT what I would consider bulky!
    Before:
    BeforeCurrent_zpscf44c8ef.png

Today:IMG_4655_zps566c8c3b.jpg

Holy hell woman. You look fantastic!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

Wow, you look fantastic. I love your hair cut too.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Pic on the left - 155lbs. size 12 cardio only
    Pic on the right - 155lbs. size 6 lifting and minimal cardio

The two pics are taken about a year apart.

32479585_8792.jpg

Now THAT is some body recomp!

Nice work, Milo's woman!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    You look amazing! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!