HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 112 lbs!! Heavy lifting, little cardio and feeling like a boss! :happy:

All of you women rock!!!

x4hmx2.jpg

zob2td.jpg

I cannot see a difference as they are different lighting and angles.

:flowerforyou:

I am kidding. You look amazing.

Haha! Thank you! :flowerforyou:

However, the first pic is cut off! *sigh*
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    LOVE that more and more women are starting to realize the benefits to lifting heavy and move past the myth!! I absolutely love being strong!!

Here are my pics (lifting pic was taken about 3 months ago so I've gotten a little bit more definition since then but you get the idea). Still not at goal but getting there :wink:

Before 323lbs

Current 183lbs

Ummmm DAMN! Awesome results

QFT
  • k8wizzo
    k8wizzo Posts: 33
    Options
    Your before measurements and pic are about where I am now. I just started NROL4W and I am so hoping that I have results even close to yours in 5 months. What an inspiration you are! :)
  • pepgab
    pepgab Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cool, I am working my way there, one of these days.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing!! Can't wait to put up my success story! <333!!
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Jealous women make me laugh....

This.

You are all absolutely f*cking amazing....you are inspirations to all of us, and I thank you for sharing your progress with us!
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm a month in to the Stronglifts routine ( last night was "A" and I've had to restart squats completely b/c of my knee issues so they were 35#, just did 45# OH Press and 70# Deadlift) and seeing this thread has me very excited for my possible outcome. I know my weight amounts are light but I never thought *I* could lift anything.

Congrats ladies, you are certainly doing it right.

Thanks for this thread.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    In for women who can lift more than me. There is nothing sexier.
  • Michelle12583
    Michelle12583 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lea you are sooo inspiring! <3 hehe Now I wanna eat better so I can have abs. lol

Okay so I shudder at sharing this....but oh well. The left pic is pre-lifting. I was doing Jillian Michaels and Chalean Extreme type workouts when that was taken. I was around 175 lbs I think. Lotta flab. The right picture (155#) is after about a year of heavy lifting with a poor diet (I will be the first to admit I would have had better results if I ate better but I love junk food). You don't get the full scope of the changes that took place with just these images but my other ones are too sessay to post and MFP will surely shut them down.
    I don't have to stand so far apart for my thighs to not touch now. *yaaaaay*
    Measurements went from a 40 to a 34 bra, size 12 to sz 6/8 and I'm too lazy to dig up all the numbers from measuring body parts, so you'll just have to deal but everything got smaller and more compact, definitely not bulky.

Why my pics always come out so big?! GAWWWD. I resized and everything. *pouts*

picstitch7.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! I WANT YOUR LEGS!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm a month in to the Stronglifts routine ( last night was "A" and I've had to restart squats completely b/c of my knee issues so they were 35#, just did 45# OH Press and 70# Deadlift) and seeing this thread has me very excited for my possible outcome. I know my weight amounts are light but I never thought *I* could lift anything.

Congrats ladies, you are certainly doing it right.

Thanks for this thread.
    Don't sell yourself short, at all. Heavy is anything that's heavy for YOU. And keep in mind, no one can just walk into the gym and start squatting 200, hell, even 100 lbs. It takes time, hard work, and dedication to get there. The fact that you're doing something you never thought possible is amazing!

And believe me, it's totally worth it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    OP that is great progress, especially since you said it was in just a few months!!! :happy: You look outstanding in that bikini!

Here's mine. I like cardio, barbells, and body weight based strength :smile:

IMG_7015.jpg
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Day made. Rock on with your bad self.

Edited b/c I messed up deleting my quote from leaky's quote. Anywho...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 112 lbs!! Heavy lifting, little cardio and feeling like a boss! :happy:

All of you women rock!!!

x4hmx2.jpg

zob2td.jpg

I cannot see a difference as they are different lighting and angles.

:flowerforyou:

I am kidding. You look amazing.
    ROFL :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: to both of you and a :flowerforyou: to the OP because it's a sin half the posts are of someone criticizing her. This could have been a really great thread.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Why my pics always come out so big?! GAWWWD. I resized and everything. *pouts*

picstitch7.jpg
    I loved the resizing you've done on your *kitten* :laugh:
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Bulky is a subjective term. An opinion. Your after pic is not a look I aspire to for myself. You're not as bulky as some of the women on here with weight lifting progress pics, but yes, my *opinion* is that you look bulky *to me*.

Is it a "bad" look? Am I "body shaming" you to say that I don't like that particular look? NO.
    Just as it is not body shaming to say I never want to look like Peta Wilson. She's a beautiful woman, but I find her too thin. Again, not a look to which I personally aspire.

Congratulations on achieving a look that YOU want, and feel is attractive. Congratulations again on finding a fitness activity that you enjoy.

But can we please stop with the constant lulz at women who do not enjoy weightlifting? We get just as tired of hearing about how pathetic we are for not lifting "heavy" as you get of us saying we don't want to be bulky. It's not hard to share your success without poking fun at the people with a different view of success.
  • 13mjames
    13mjames Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tmckinna
    tmckinna Posts: 2
    Options
    This!
    More ladies need to lift.
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have just started NROLFW this week. 2 workouts down. I am completely inspired by all of you ladies!! Thank you for keeping me motivated!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!