that "skinny b*tch" moment

Options

Replies

• mxcum167
    mxcum167 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. :smile: Good for you.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are absolutely beautiful on the outside now. I could tell lookign at the first photo that you were very pretty. It was always there.
    ^^This. Definitely. You were pretty then, and you're definitely pretty now. Plus you're healthier and more confident than ever.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love what you said. What you've accomplished with your body is great and you will likely reap the rewards in health benefits, but it is sad that he would come in and continue to judge you based on your looks alone.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've made such a journey! You look great, and it's even more inspiring that you were able to stand up for yourself and stand proud =)
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not only does weight loss make you look great, but it boosted your confidence! Way to go.
  • Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look fantatsic and good for you with that loser!!!! :) x
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You look "hot" :-P

Congrats on your loss!
  • daniellevillano46
    daniellevillano46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking a stand! What an inspiring story. You look wonderful - and love your dress! :)
  • mailuci
    mailuci Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and well done for standing up for urself people are cruel sometimes.
  • mmyers1129
    mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    great transformation how do u post pics in here?
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your success!

2nd, that was some confrontation! Wow! I've never been overweight, so I don't know what I'd do. I'd like to think that I'd just say thanks, and leave it at that. I've said some messed up stuff as a kid to other kids, and as an adult, I'm truly sorry and regret it. I'd like to think that an apology is an apology. He didn't have to acknowledge your weight-loss, but he did. He might've been surprised, but he could've been genuinely sorry and happy for your success.

But, if it felt good to tell him off like that, power to you!!! The bottom line is that you're a much healthier you now, and that's what matters.
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options
    you do look great.

maybe you're still angry with him and all the other people that bullied you and not quite ready to forgive them all and move on....and that's okay! just keep in mind that holding onto that negative energy those people unfairly put onto you years ago isn't going to help you continue to grow. i work on this lesson all the time and it's not easy. being kind to those that are unkind to us is a life long practice. you don't have to put someone down to stand up for yourself.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    audience.gif
    FANTASTIC.
    tumblr_m7ar9cg04W1qcs7kp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mgu88pAWUh1qfzv9p.gif
    tumblr_mi4retEh9c1rdutw3o1_500.gif

this!!!

I dont even know you but i'm pleased as punch for you and how you stood up for yourself!!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    You look great; one thing I would say...is you should forgive them (all the bullies) for yourself; whether they're sorry or not. If you hold the grudge, you put yourself on their level and....it eventually eats you up inside through sickness (seriously). Also, you could have accepted his apology but that doesn't mean you were friends or that you'd give him the time of day.

Edit: And I have been in your shoes; I too was the girl no one liked because I was "too fat"; only I wasn't super smart, so I didn't even have that going for me....oh well, I made something of myself despite everything :smile:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    you do look great.

maybe you're still angry with him and all the other people that bullied you and not quite ready to forgive them all and move on....and that's okay! just keep in mind that holding onto that negative energy those people unfairly put onto you years ago isn't going to help you continue to grow. i work on this lesson all the time and it's not easy. being kind to those that are unkind to us is a life long practice. you don't have to put someone down to stand up for yourself.

Well said! I'd like to think that her weight loss success is great revenge in itself. Wouldn't the look on his face just be enough? In many ways he did bow down and take back his bullying with a public apology. Some people never apologize. and this maybe the reason why. They may have done it once and found it pointless to do it again, if not appreciated.

The time to stand up to yourself is when you're being attacked and bullied. That's just my opinion.
  • gonzal15
    gonzal15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome! What an accomplishment!
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I can wait to have my moment like that when I slim down more. Being bullied in school is the worst. Unfortunately, I know first hand. This post made my day. Thank you.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge! You are going to have a blast at the reunion!
  • stayfocus3d
    stayfocus3d Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    great job honey, i'm so proud of you. and thank you for sharing this wonderful NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!