that "skinny b*tch" moment

Options
1234568»

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a time when a kid who was a jerk to me walked into my place of employment and apologized. I don't know if it was based on looks or not, but it was really surprising and unexpected. That happened 14 years ago, and it is still a pleasant memory. (I think he was genuine, so that helps, but hopefully this memory will be a good one for you too.)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Humor me while I dork out here: GIRL FREAKING POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You are awesome.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I never get mentalities like this. Why, after enduring years of teasing, casual cruelty, and torment, is one supposed to take the 'high' road? Why is the burden on the bullied person to be the 'better man'? So the Bully can have the satisfaction of being a good person now and go to sleep at night content in the knowledge that they've been forgiven and the years they spent causing someone else pain are just wiped clean? Forget that.

I was viciously bullied in high school, to a point that I had to have my entire class schedule rearranged (Funny how I was the one who had to change and not the bullies) and I can honestly say there are some people out in the world who I wish live long lives, full of pain and suffering and not a single shred of happiness.

OT: Good for you OP, and you were beautiful before and beautiful now.

I understand this mentality, though I think forgiving someone who apologizes helps pay it forward. If a former bully apologizes, genuinely, and is received with kindness and acceptance, there is a better chance that the former bully will experience a greater inner formation, reducing the chances of the bully bullying others. Hurt people hurt people.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Sorry for.....ya know everything in school. we were young ya know?"

"Yeah.. one or two years ago... we were soooo much younger than we are now."
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That is just to awesome, congrats on becoming an even better you!!! you look great! .
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    gifs-animation-rihanna-rhianna-girl-smile-clap-hands_large.gif

I don't even know you and yet I am so proud of you! Good for you, I probably would have slinked in the back! You look amazing by the way!
  • Thadreamer87
    Options
    I was bullied pretty much all through middle school and through high school because of my weight and because I didn't fit in with the other popular kids.. I still have nightmares about it and to be honest i still haven't gotten over it. One of my goals for losing weight is to be able to prove people wrong like you did. Your an Inspiration to the rest of us!
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    great story! Loved reading it :)
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!! You tell them girl!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    Heck yeah! That is wonderful! Good for you dear! ♡
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Love this! Congratulations on your incredible weight loss, and for sticking up for yourself when nobody else did! You look amazing!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you can really say you've changed all that much either if you can't find the grace to accept someone's apology. Obviously this guy needs a crash course in manners, but the fact that he even said the words "I'm sorry" should mean something. He didn't have to say anything at all.

I was chubby all my life (never obese until I was in my 20s, but definitely chubby), and people made fun of me, too. I'm still friends with several of them, and I can't recall a single one of them ever apologizing to me for the things they said back when I was overweight.

Maybe this guy has grown more than you think. You don't have to be friends with him. You don't even have to like him. But to rudely dismiss his apology and then brag about it doesn't exactly make you a shining example of virtue.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    There was a lovely young lady who was madly in love with a boy all thru middle school and 1st year of high. He was kind to her, but politely told her he liked 'smaller' girls. He dated a very cute little girl who messed with his head the entire time.

She remained his friend while inside dying knowing she would love him and never do the things that other girl did to hurt him.

At graduation this young lady was in her white size 3 dress, bending over into her car getting her cap and gown. Her long tan legs ever so shapely, as was her cute little tushie.

A litltle car came by "vrrooom vroooom" taking a look at her bent into the car, breaking his neck as he stared out the window.

Dude backed up to have a second look. "vroom vrooooooooom' again .

The third time I said "honey that guy is checking you out" "yup that is so and so, he HAD his chance!! " :laugh:

She turned around and waved ever so cutely as his EYEBALLS POPPED OUT OF HIS HEAD!! exclaiming her name. :noway:

Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

But I have got to say, sometimes speaking your mind is needed to cleanse the past. (there are still people I wish I could 'tell off' and it has been 40 years! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!