Over 200 New Year New Me Part 20

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Thanks jess - Most of the time when i ask i get "leave me a lone" or "i don't know", a lot of her burst outs are because she is mad i think...the counselor has been trying to work with her on how she acts on her feelings.... She just doesn't want to do certain things and will do whatever else it takes so she doesn't have to do this..now she knows if she does something she will get in trouble and so she has being mean to others when they say they will tell on her. Some days i think maybe i should of just put her on the drugs

She sounds sooo much like my niece! I think my sister finally decided to per her in karate to help her deal with her anger issues. Hope things start to go better!

Cris-If mine don't start to downsize and WHEN I get to my goal weight I might have to consider doing the reduction! These puppies are heavy! Can't wait to see the dresses!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Jess - THat is actaully what the school has recommended and some reading i have done...maybe that is the answer i don't know.

Okay i only got this 1/2 converstaion about the boobs...i will go back and read...but ......

I have the strangest boobs on earth i think :smile: SO bit girls are supposed to have big boobs right ??? WRONG !!!

i am big around but not out...I wear a 42b - 44b ( i had to get a bra extention because they don't make a whole lot that are small cup and big around...I try to move up cup size and what do i get air..yes air...like a little girl trying on moms bra's...I just don't have anything to feel them out. i don't know if lost all my weight wear i would be but i am not thinking over a "B" cup of anything.

on another note...I got a ring on...it wasn't my wedding rignt, i did try that on thought, i could get it on but still a little tight...i have another one (it is ust 5 diamonds straight across) i got for my 30'th bday. I have used it for a wedding ring before when mine had starting getting tight...well i could put it on and take it off without cutting any circulation off.!!! Almost there on my wedding right though...almost!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Jess - THat is actaully what the school has recommended and some reading i have done...maybe that is the answer i don't know.

Okay i only got this 1/2 converstaion about the boobs...i will go back and read...but ......

I have the strangest boobs on earth i think :smile: SO bit girls are supposed to have big boobs right ??? WRONG !!!

i am big around but not out...I wear a 42b - 44b ( i had to get a bra extention because they don't make a whole lot that are small cup and big around...I try to move up cup size and what do i get air..yes air...like a little girl trying on moms bra's...I just don't have anything to feel them out. i don't know if lost all my weight wear i would be but i am not thinking over a "B" cup of anything.

on another note...I got a ring on...it wasn't my wedding rignt, i did try that on thought, i could get it on but still a little tight...i have another one (it is ust 5 diamonds straight across) i got for my 30'th bday. I have used it for a wedding ring before when mine had starting getting tight...well i could put it on and take it off without cutting any circulation off.!!! Almost there on my wedding right though...almost!!

Yay progress!! I went from a size 46...yes 46 band and am now a 38. So you will shrink in band size for sure. You might look into the karate. They told my sister it would help her learn to control her anger. GOod luck!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Litdeb: You are not a bad mother. Parenting is NOt easy, at all, and it shows you care because you are trying to deal with the situation. I agreee with Momma's and Jess words of wisdom. I think you need to sit her down and talk to here, not in a negative way, but in a calm manner. Let her explain her situation ( you don't judge yet) and after she tells you what happen..find an approprate salution..believe me you are anot going to solve the problem by taking everything away from her. she will be home for 2 days, right, then no TV, instead have her do chores around the house. Kids hate chores, talk to her and explain to her why you are doing these things so the next time she thinks twice before she does it again.

I read a great book and i am reading it again because a lot of the ideas mentioned in this book worked for my children ( when they were 4 -10 years old) and now i am relearning because of my younger son.

Hang in there...I can't say it will get better..I would be liying if i did. Everyday is a situation in my household. and everyday is a learning experience...learning new tricks.

{{{HUGS}}}
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Funny that we are having a bra size discussion today. :smile: I was just thinking last week that I need some new bras. I have no doubt I am wearing the wrong size. I currently am wearing 42C but I am on the innermost set of hooks and it's not really very tight. I am also not filling out the actual cup as much anymore. I was thinking that I need to get a tape measure and wondering if I dropped to 40C if it would fill out the cups better, since I know they are proportional to the band size.

I was always very skinny growing up and wore like a 34A in high school. I didn't start having to get B or C until I started gaining weight in college. I do hope my boobs shrink again when I lose weight... maybe not down to 34A again, though. :smile:

To be honest, I really like wearing sports bras better than normal ones, I think because I grew up playing so many sports and wearing them all the time that they just feel more normal to me! I really need some more sports bras too though, I have some cotton Champion ones and man are they uncomfortable when they get sweaty. I really want some moisture wicking ones. Anyone have any favorite brands?
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Sorry deb, I forgot to give the name of the book..."How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk ." It's a really good book. Google it and see what you find. It might be in librarys too.

Good Luck!

here is the link..I found the book on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Talk-Kids-Will-Listen/dp/0380811960
  • RedneckWmn
    Funny that we are having a bra size discussion today. :smile: I was just thinking last week that I need some new bras. I have no doubt I am wearing the wrong size. I currently am wearing 42C but I am on the innermost set of hooks and it's not really very tight. I am also not filling out the actual cup as much anymore. I was thinking that I need to get a tape measure and wondering if I dropped to 40C if it would fill out the cups better, since I know they are proportional to the band size.

I was always very skinny growing up and wore like a 34A in high school. I didn't start having to get B or C until I started gaining weight in college. I do hope my boobs shrink again when I lose weight... maybe not down to 34A again, though. :smile:

To be honest, I really like wearing sports bras better than normal ones, I think because I grew up playing so many sports and wearing them all the time that they just feel more normal to me! I really need some more sports bras too though, I have some cotton Champion ones and man are they uncomfortable when they get sweaty. I really want some moisture wicking ones. Anyone have any favorite brands?

I only have one. I have to buy them online. I don't know the brand but it's something about shock abosorbing...I'm not sure. All I know is those bad boys stay put when I run for the most part! I bought it on Amazon! :laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    CoGirl, that is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are doing a lovely job in your yard. I want a pretty yard. The kids and I have planted a veggie garden and now I will start working on the flowery stuff!
  • lildebbie
    Pos - Thanks for the book suggestion i may check it out.

So i guess i should of listened to the principal instead of being soo mad...I am still mad..but what happend was she had a laptop (she isn't supposed to have them) and she wanted to put it up and the girl said she wasn't supposed to and serena said she was going to hit the little girl with the laptop if she told , then blocked the door and wouldn't let her out and then grabbed her shirt , in the process pinching her. So she didn't actually hit her. THe thing is she was really great today before this happened. (it happend right before school was out).

I did sit her down and talked to her and let her tell me her story, she did tell me she was sorry, and she has to write letters to this little girl and her parents. I told her she will write a letter to the teacher and principal too...(she hates writing so figure that is good thing for her to do) I am also going to make her write like 20 times "i will not be mean to others", i had to do that when iw as little :smile:
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    colgirl - Your back hard looks beautiful!! You have been working really hard on it and it shows!

lildeb - Sorry about Serena acting out. I don't have any kids yet but I definitely know that you are NOT a bad mom! If you didn't care that she got into trouble then that would be a problem but you do care. I agree with Momma and Jess on disciplining her, especially the next two days that she is home. Hope you figure something out that makes her stop being like that.

Well, I did some boxing tonight and had fun doing it!! I am on Day 3 of working out and seem to enjoy it! LOL! :laugh: Too bad my streak will come to an end tomorrow. After I get off work tomorrow I have errands to run and then dinner with my family. My stepbrother and his family are moving to Arkansas. I will try and be good through out the day so it won't be too bad at dinner but since i am so under today I think it will help tomorrow.
  • lildebbie
    Thanks everyone for your help with my daughter i feel much better now...she knows that the next 2 days aren't all fun and games.

I was going to do a big workout on friday morning and night but guesst hat was too much ..but i can only take her for 2 hrs...guess i will just do the one at night with dh and both girls.

So i am trying to expand to some other classes at the gym and foudn this one :
    "utilizes barbells and hand weights to strengthen and sculpt all muscle groups. " it is called 24 lift, i think it sound interesting but the only time i could really go is 8:30 on sat morning. Which hubby wants to go to , but we said we really need abby (the baby ) for a nap before soccer...and also the water aerobics class is at 10 so that is probablyb too much to do (and over day care limit) .

So if i got we should be able to get home and her in bed by 9:45 (she gets up at the crack of dawn and usally gets super tired but that would be like almost 2 hrs before soccer) but then i couldn't do water on sat...but i could still do it wednesday nights...

anyone take a class kinda like that descriptino..

Cris - is taht like your body scult one you are taking (or something like that).

okay i am just rambling now...but i am pretty hyped i got on the scale it was right over 275 at night !!! I might meet my memorial day goal after all.
  • RedneckWmn
    Okay....so my tactics did not work so well. I got owned at pool....no I lie, I won once, by default...he hit the 8 ball in. OOPS! Somehow I always managed to be behind him. :explode: Oh well. We played 3 games of pool and sat and talked for awhile.I knew it wasn't going to be a late night. We both have to get up early. All in all I would say it went well!! Gonna try and hang out again next week. Doesn't work out so well when he works nights and I work days! We'll see. Anywho. I'm off to bed now! Night ladies!

lildebbie-Glad to hear things are okay with your daughter!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Blue, thanks for the challenge. My kids start summer vacation tomorrow. I do have 4 of them you know let me see what is 5 minutes of quiet? That one will need to be explained to me. I vaguely remember something like that happening about 17 years ago, but I am not quite sure!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Enlighten me on how to do it?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love the challenge though:flowerforyou:

Momma, when my mom wanted peace from us kids she sat on the toilet! :laugh: :laugh: We always wondered why she took so long in there! :tongue:
  • bluenote
    I did sit her down and talked to her and let her tell me her story, she did tell me she was sorry, and she has to write letters to this little girl and her parents. I told her she will write a letter to the teacher and principal too...(she hates writing so figure that is good thing for her to do) I am also going to make her write like 20 times "i will not be mean to others", i had to do that when iw as little :smile:

I am sorry that you are dealing with this, but lildeb - please know that you are a GREAT mother. A bad mother would never love her child enough to send her to counseling. A bad mother would never sit down and talk with her daughter about why she did it. A bad mother would never continually assess her children and herself and learn from her life lessons.

One teeny weeny suggestion, speaking as a teacher, if you MUST do the repetitive writing punishment - instead of the writing punishment being a negative sentence, how about making it a positive one, like "I know how to be nice to people." Just a suggestion - when kids do repetitive writings, it's best to give them affirmations to write. Or better yet, instead of repetitive writing, have her write a book entitled "I Know How to Be Nice to People." Each page she could draw a picture of her being nice to someone - the different ways she can be nice to others, and write a sentence describing the picture. This way she takes ownership of her "niceness,"(which is positive), and when she has a relapse, you can always bring the book back out and read it together, sparking a discussion that would be positive and valuable. Leave blank pages at the end so that when she does have a relapse she can draw or write how she is feeling and how she could have made the situation better. Give her tons of praise when she finishes the book. Have her share it with your family. Let her leave a page for "autographs" for anyone who reads it. This way you can write her something positive and she can always know you are supporting her no matter what.

Sorry for the ramble - I am in teacher mode! :tongue:
  • bluenote
    COGirl - your garden is so beautiful! Wow! I am impressed! It looks like a page from Better Homes & Gardens! Congrats - your hard work paid off! :flowerforyou:
    jessyka - thinking positive thoughts for you. :heart:

So today I was moving some things into my new classroom around 3:30pm. I went to get brown butcher paper so I could label my stuff so that the custodians wouldn't move it back into my old room. I was feeling really good - my knee was great, my room was fantastic, and them...WHAMMO! I trip on the rolled up pre-K carpet that was left near the door, go flying in the air, land on my left elbow and left knee (good knee, BTW), go sliding about a foot, then stop. I could not believe I fell. I just laid there for about fifteen minutes, because I thought I was going to throw up. And I knew that pretty soon my friends would come to get me and then they could help me up. I didn't feel like I had broken anything, but my knee and elbow were on fire. A Title One teacher came by and freaked out and got a chair so that I could get up. I was not thinking at ALL about my wounds. You know what I was thinking? Oh my God I got up in like fifteen seconds using my bad right knee! LOL That is all I could focus on! I made the reading teacher promise that she had to tell anyone that asked what happened that I got up BY MYSELF in FIFTEEN SECONDS!!! WITH ONLY MY BAD KNEE!!!!!!!

Needless to say, there were my five, er..fifteen moments of zen. On the floor of my new classroom, 3:30-3:45pm. :laugh:

check in:
    cals: Wow. Scattered and mysterious. Was on my ADD meds today and was not hungry.
    water: 90
    exercise: Does flying in the air count? My left knee is swollen, so I skipped the exercise today.
    proud: DID I MENTION I GOT UP FROM THE FLOOR, BY MYSELF, WITH ONLY ONE KNEE, WHICH WAS MY BAD KNEE?????? The last time I fell at school (3 yrs. ago - a student accidentally moved the chair from behind me - she was trying to give me more room to videotape the dance and didn't know I was going to sit down to do it :tongue: ), it took two men and a truck, a baby, and a pizza place to get me up!
  • Momma2four

I am sorry that you are dealing with this, but lildeb - please know that you are a GREAT mother. A bad mother would never love her child enough to send her to counseling. A bad mother would never sit down and talk with her daughter about why she did it. A bad mother would never continually assess her children and herself and learn from her life lessons.

One teeny weeny suggestion, speaking as a teacher, if you MUST do the repetitive writing punishment - instead of the writing punishment being a negative sentence, how about making it a positive one, like "I know how to be nice to people." Just a suggestion - when kids do repetitive writings, it's best to give them affirmations to write. Or better yet, instead of repetitive writing, have her write a book entitled "I Know How to Be Nice to People." Each page she could draw a picture of her being nice to someone - the different ways she can be nice to others, and write a sentence describing the picture. This way she takes ownership of her "niceness,"(which is positive), and when she has a relapse, you can always bring the book back out and read it together, sparking a discussion that would be positive and valuable. Leave blank pages at the end so that when she does have a relapse she can draw or write how she is feeling and how she could have made the situation better. Give her tons of praise when she finishes the book. Have her share it with your family. Let her leave a page for "autographs" for anyone who reads it. This way you can write her something positive and she can always know you are supporting her no matter what.

Sorry for the ramble - I am in teacher mode! :tongue:

I:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this idea!!!!!
  • Momma2four
    Blue, thanks for the challenge. My kids start summer vacation tomorrow. I do have 4 of them you know let me see what is 5 minutes of quiet? That one will need to be explained to me. I vaguely remember something like that happening about 17 years ago, but I am not quite sure!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Enlighten me on how to do it?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love the challenge though:flowerforyou:

Momma, when my mom wanted peace from us kids she sat on the toilet! :laugh: :laugh: We always wondered why she took so long in there! :tongue:

No Joke, I will just sit on the toilet after I pee (I know tmi) and just sit there forever sometimes. My husband will come looking for me and I am like " I was just peeing" I totally understand this.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The other one I love to do is shower until my hot water runs out and I have to get out. :tongue:
  • Momma2four
    Blue, did you get up in like 15 seconds today on your bad knee?????:laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    Blue, did you get up in like 15 seconds today on your bad knee?????:laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lildebbie
    Oh how i wish i could have peace on the toliet ....they find me !!! If i lock the door they just bang on it...okay the little one more than the big one.

Blue - Congrats on getting up on your bad Knee. Thanks for the suggestion i really i may do that...i like that idea of the book.

I am sooo freaking excited this morning !!! My Scale was fluctuating this morning between 274.4 -then 275 then 273.9 ...I will take all of those !!!!! The 1st one was 274.4 and I was soo freaking excited....Hoping it sticks to tomorrow and I will definitely have met one of my mini goals !!!! (i seem to set them and then never meet them or meet them way after I set them)...

I am going fly through these 270's I just know it !!
This discussion has been closed.