Women and Men... Who would you approach?

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Any of them except the model looking one. Honestly, I ain't got that confidence.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyone." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women is that the guy has to be super good looking. Men have a wider standard and are more flexible. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

Its not your looks preventing you from being approached, it's this ^ crappy attitude. Most people can sense this immediately and it is a huge turn off.

But you are not going to listen, so this is how people are feeling trying to explain it to you.

DOPqg6H.gif

Attitude is kind of a generic cop out excuse. To say I project an attitude of any kind shopping at the grocery store or lifting at the gym is a little silly. OK, put me in a club where I'm not comfortable (not a big dance guy) sure, maybe I'll appear self conscious or out of my element. At the store though shopping for chicken? Not buying it.

I would be willing to bet that you have your hatred of women all over your face, all the time...

That's a huge leap. Seriously? I mean I'm seeing someone. She obviously doesn't think I hate women. Consider I don't. I just know people. I know how they work. I see the obvious. Maybe it makes everyone else feel better to sugar coat things but I'm more of a realist. If women approached guys like me they would, guess what, approach guys like me. Not a tough concept. Can a guy that looks like me make up for it with personality? Yes. And I do. Does that matter to women who see me at the grocery store and know nothing about me? No. Same at the gym. Probably worse. The gym is an abs for forget it zone as far as meeting women.

It's not a huge leap at all.
    The way you come across in EVERY SINGLE one of your posts in pathetic...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    The smart women do. It's why you rarely date and women don't like you.

You might want to ask your GF what's wrong with her sixth sense.

This.

Or become a woman if you think they have it so much easier.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The smart women do. It's why you rarely date and women don't like you.

You might want to ask your GF what's wrong with her sixth sense.

This.

Or become a woman if you think they have it so much easier.

Love this
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I rarely approached men when I was single, I was usually pretty good at getting them to come talk to me. On the rare occassion that I did approach a man it was due to an untamable animalistic desire . . . and rum.
  • 81greeniblonde
    Options
    I would approach the person that has the most clothes on.

The most satisfying and exciting way of undressing another person is to do it with your eyes while leaving their clothes on. The actual flesh, when revealed, is usually horrifying, fragmented, disproportional, too pale or too dark, and full of regret, anger, disappointment.

The imaginary body, on the other hand, is idealizes, stylized and much more charming... I know this because when I saw my ex girlfriend naked for the first time in the shower, I noticed that her nipple placement was way off - they were too far apart by a few centimeters. It was awful.

Oh wait, you've had girlfriends?!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I would approach the person that has the most clothes on.

The most satisfying and exciting way of undressing another person is to do it with your eyes while leaving their clothes on. The actual flesh, when revealed, is usually horrifying, fragmented, disproportional, too pale or too dark, and full of regret, anger, disappointment.

The imaginary body, on the other hand, is idealizes, stylized and much more charming... I know this because when I saw my ex girlfriend naked for the first time in the shower, I noticed that her nipple placement was way off - they were too far apart by a few centimeters. It was awful.

Oh wait, you've had girlfriends?!

annnd he got them naked :wink:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I personally have no problem approaching anyone.
    Depending on the situation it is cool to walk over. (are they busy, already talking, am I in a hurry).

My personality lets me fit in just about anywhere.
    Irregardless of how I look.

I have a great sense of humor and that helps a lot.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    the chick with a barbell/fishing rod/golf club/tennis raquet/sports team I like shirt on...

looks don't matter...

OH DEAR GOD...I read that as "fisting rod." I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....and you'd approach her dude?!?! :laugh:

Whew, fishing rod.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of the people I would approach

-someone reading a book I love. To compliment them on their taste.
    -someone eating something delicious. To ask for a bite.
    -anyone I see after I just PR'ed on a lift. To brag.
    -someone doing something wrong. To correct them.
    -someone in a bar. To be complimented.

LMAO at #3 ,, you're the best :)

Yeah, I do that too. haahaahah
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I personally have no problem approaching anyone.
    Depending on the situation it is cool to walk over. (are they busy, already talking, am I in a hurry).

My personality lets me fit in just about anywhere.
    Irregardless of how I look.

I have a great sense of humor and that helps a lot.

True. Plus you are a great guy with a fantastic voice and personality.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine actually used to bring a squash racket with her to the bar as she thought it would encourage guys to come and talk to her.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    None. I am shy and do not approach.

Guys who want to tell me confidence is sexy, blah blah... Bite me! :angry:

LOL!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    A friend of mine actually used to bring a squash racket with her to the bar as she thought it would encourage guys to come and talk to her.

yeah... it's kind of the same as the chicks who dress up and wear cat ears and a tail to the bar I go to. It's the whole bachelorette party schtick and I find myself saying... really? You want people to come up to you and ask you "WTF, why are you dressed like a cat?"

It's one thing to be approached because you stand out for personality (or *gasp* looks), but another to be approached because people are dying to ask wtf is going on!
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Any of the above ... I am a friendly person ... not intimated or egotistical ... if I can help someone, learn something from someone, or just make someone smile then I want to do so :) How you doin Sandy? ;)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Any of the above ... I am a friendly person ... not intimated or egotistical ... if I can help someone, learn something from someone, or just make someone smile then I want to do so :) How you doin Sandy? ;)

I'm doing great Steve! When do I get to punch you?
  • rileyscoutko
    rileyscoutko Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i'd approach any of them, but only if they smiled or looked open. otherwise i would feel like i'm bothering them :/
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Perhaps attitude is not as quickly noticeable as body language. People who smile more will appear more friendly, unless they have no teeth or they look insane.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    ack! none of the above! I would never be able to walk up to a complete stranger and strike up a conversation.
    and I avoid eye contact like it's the plague....
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually don't approach them until they've had at least 3 or 4 drinks.

The odds tend to be more in my favor at that point.