Women and Men... Who would you approach?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'll approach the geeky one who has a science or art project, because we'll have something to talk about.

I got approached at the gym today.
  • psames
    psames Posts: 2
    Options
    Average with a smile works for me. I would rather talk with people who are happy and outgoing it makes for better dialog. Have a nice day
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. If I feel like talking (mostly due to boredom) I will strike a conversation - unfortunately many do not reciprocate. I fall in that "Ol' woman must have dementia" class.
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    None. I am shy and do not approach.

Guys who want to tell me confidence is sexy, blah blah... Bite me! :angry:

Sure just tell me where :-)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    People who look friendly.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Any smiling person. Unfortunately I'm afflicted with chronic betchface so no one ever smiles at me. :indifferent:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't approach people, and I actually really hate when people approach me. I'm not a people person and would prefer if random strangers didn't talk to me :indifferent:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    People who smile and look friendly.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I usually don't approach them until they've had at least 3 or 4 drinks.

The odds tend to be more in my favor at that point.

lol... guys don't approach me until THEY'VE had at least 3 or 4 drinks.
    Liquid courage.
    Usually their first words are... my god you are tall.

:laugh:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I would approach about anyone if they smiled at me and/or seemed approachable. The only type of guy I DON'T approach is the model looking type...he intimidates me so I avoid him. I am much more likely to approach the average guy myself!
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The one that's wearing the wedding ring I bought her. :-)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    the chick with a barbell/fishing rod/golf club/tennis raquet/sports team I like shirt on...

looks don't matter...

OH DEAR GOD...I read that as "fisting rod." I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....and you'd approach her dude?!?! :laugh:

Whew, fishing rod.

The fact that your mind went there says a lot about you. To that I have to say.....How you doin' :flowerforyou:
  • rosehippy77
    rosehippy77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I usually talk to just about anyone but I have the bad luck that I somehow attract the sociopaths and the codependent freaks. LOL

^ this! And I thought I was the only one :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    If you were going to walk up to someone and strike up a conversation... who would you approach?

Someone who looks like a model?
    Someone who is of average looks?
    Someone with less than average looks?
    Someone who smiles at you, regardless of their looks?

Please explain why.

Note: the end goal is not necessarily to get into their pants, but maybe start a dialog that could be the start of something.

The one who smiles at me regardless of their looks. I generally don't approach people as I find too many times that I dont' like people so much.

also, E. The one who leaves themselves open for the perfect one-liner regardless of looks. This is actually more of a chance for me to "appraoch" someone. If I am standing in a line at a store, or hanging out a an event, and someone leaes themselves wide open for a comment, I will not resist the chance to take. it. That will generally lead to a conversation, and such. I have had 30-60 minute conversations with complete strangers outside of a store because they have said or the cashier has said while they were in line in front of me.

For example, one of our local grocery stores has a "fuel saver's'" card where you buy certian items, and you have the cashier scan your card, and it gives you so many cents per gallon off your next 20 gallons of gas at participating stations. There was a lady in front of me in line the other day, who was checking out. The cashier asked her, "Do you have a Fuel Savers card you would like to scan?" The lady started fishing in her wallet, and before I could think about it, my mouth was open, and saying, "No. I think she doesn't feel like leaping over the register to scan it. I think she wants you to do it for her.' They both laughed, and the cashier said, "I guess I should change the way I phrase that." The lady made some small talk while the bagger bagged her groceries. When I was done with my order, I exited the store, and she was coming back with her empty cart, and stopped me and we talked for the next 40 minutes there.

She was an attractive lady, but that didn't matter. It was more about the opportunity, than how she looked.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyone." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women is that the guy has to be super good looking. Men have a wider standard and are more flexible. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

It's nice to have an excuse built in for why noone wants to talk to you that absolves you of all responsibility to...you know...be worth approaching to start a conversation.

Worth approaching? As in looks? That proves the point dude.

More like, having a soul and a personality.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    people who smile... unless it's like a 60 year old pedophile

20-59 year old pedophiles are okay though?

Yeah. As long as theyre under 160lbs
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    the chick with a barbell/fishing rod/golf club/tennis raquet/sports team I like shirt on...

looks don't matter...

OH DEAR GOD...I read that as "fisting rod." I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....and you'd approach her dude?!?! :laugh:

Whew, fishing rod.

The fact that your mind went there says a lot about you. To that I have to say.....How you doin' :flowerforyou:

Hahahaha heyyyyy
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The smile would make the difference for me. I would approach that person, regardless of physical attractiveness.