200 Sit-up challenge! Any takers?

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    *************************************************Oh and just so you all know, I've started the acidize or die, thingy....really just drinking lemon water alot during the day. I squeeze a half lemon into 44oz of water and the other half in the other 44oz of water each day. SO I'm getting my 88oz of water a day and one full lemon each day...easy for me because I have a lemon tree in my back yard. I don't know if it is this that is making a difference in my weight loss (down 3lbs since Monday and my eating habits have remained the same) only change I've made is the lemon water and working out a little bit less, either way I'm going to keep it up

WHAT ARE SOME THINGS YOU GUYS HAVE TRIED THAT HAVE SEEMED TO SPEED THE WEIGHT LOSS UP?
    WHAT HAS SEEMED TO WORK FOR YOU?

I'm curious, and willing to also try new things!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    My Results- Week6 Day1 Column3

332- whooo weee....much much easier then this would have been weeks ago :) Almoooost there!

Push-up's Week2 Day1 Column3 (after doing regular push-up's I also follow the same #'s for backward push-up's on the edge of the couch...reaaaaalllllly works)

63 :bigsmile: Heck Yeah!!
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    how exactly does this challenge works.I am interested
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    how exactly does this challenge works.I am interested

Go to the first page of this thread, the first message is from myself, I started the thread, in there you'll find the link that will guide you through. You basically take the first initial test called the "exhaustion test" There's 3 squats sit-up's (crunches) and push-up's, you can start with one, or all. Do the exhaustion test, for instance crunches- do as many as you can till you can't go anymore, at the site (200 sit-up's.com) you'll read and figure out, based on your exhaustion test where you'll be starting on the chart. Good luck, hope you join us :)
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I just needed to comment on the fact that you just pick a lemon from your lemon tree and it made me giggle. Stupidly I only have pine trees and the odd maple. I can come up with pine nuts from my back yard should I care to compete with the squirrels or maple syrup should I care to boil sap for 12 hours over an open fire! Oh the difficult challenges of we Canadians!

I too love the freshness of lemons in my water. It is a lovely refreshing boost! :drinker:
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 5 - 200 situps!
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    Sit-ups Week 5 / Day 1 / Column 3
    54 / 54
    60 / 60
    45 / 45
    36 /36
    Max = 90
    Total = 285

Squats Week 5 / Day 1 / Column 3
    29 / 29
    34 / 34
    29 / 29
    29 / 29
    Max = 100
    Total = 221

Push-Ups Week 5 / Day 1 / Column 2 - Not a good day, so I will need to repeat
    28 / 28
    35 / 26
    25 / 15
    22 / 22
    Max = 20
    Total = 111
  • odatcindy
    Options
    sit-ups week 2 day 3
    set 1: 18
    set 2: 20
    set 3: 15
    set 4: 15
    total 68 getting easier!! test tomorrow to see where i start next week.. hope i will do better than i think...:frown:
    push-ups weeek 1 day 3
    set 1: 8
    set 2: 10
    set 3: 7
    set 4: 7
    total 32
    total time for all 9:33
    next week i start squats ( i know nobody really cares that i have posted this but it helps to keep me on track and so i can see how far i have come from doing NONE to very little of the above!!:bigsmile: )

I care, I read all of your guys' posts. I think your making great progress. I have been MIA for the last 2 days due to my mini vacay! But I'm back now! Keep it up! I'd love to see you go all the way through:)

I read everyone's posts too; I don't do it everyday, though, just when I'm checking in. I love the fact that everyone is doing something to not only lose weight, but to improve their overall physical health.

Good job and keep going!!
  • odatcindy
    Options
    Good job! Push-up's are my weakness too. There hard as it is, but I stabbed through my thumb a lil over a month ago and still can't put my full weight on it...but the point is were trying :D Keep it up! Your doing great!

Ouch - sorry to hear about that thumb, Deanna. I've watched your progress and you are in amazing shape!!
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My last update... Week 5 - day 1 --- 200 situps.. I am no increasing my push ups... Good luck to all of you. I find the situps really help.... my abs are tighter...
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    w2d3

Sit-ups - 121
    Squats - 109
    Push-ups - 60

The push-ups are brutal. Plus I'm doing them with Jillian's 30 Day Shred - I generally do 12 a set. I've never done so many push-ups in my life. My arms have literally been sore for 2 weeks!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I just needed to comment on the fact that you just pick a lemon from your lemon tree and it made me giggle. Stupidly I only have pine trees and the odd maple. I can come up with pine nuts from my back yard should I care to compete with the squirrels or maple syrup should I care to boil sap for 12 hours over an open fire! Oh the difficult challenges of we Canadians!

I too love the freshness of lemons in my water. It is a lovely refreshing boost! :drinker:

So no Lemon trees there I take it, lol!?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Week 5 - 200 situps!

YAY YAY YAY! You reached 200, how was it?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Sit-ups Week 5 / Day 1 / Column 3
    54 / 54
    60 / 60
    45 / 45
    36 /36
    Max = 90
    Total = 285

Squats Week 5 / Day 1 / Column 3
    29 / 29
    34 / 34
    29 / 29
    29 / 29
    Max = 100
    Total = 221

Push-Ups Week 5 / Day 1 / Column 2 - Not a good day, so I will need to repeat
    28 / 28
    35 / 26
    25 / 15
    22 / 22
    Max = 20
    Total = 111

Great job! Keep up the hard work!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    sit-ups week 2 day 3
    set 1: 18
    set 2: 20
    set 3: 15
    set 4: 15
    total 68 getting easier!! test tomorrow to see where i start next week.. hope i will do better than i think...:frown:
    push-ups weeek 1 day 3
    set 1: 8
    set 2: 10
    set 3: 7
    set 4: 7
    total 32
    total time for all 9:33
    next week i start squats ( i know nobody really cares that i have posted this but it helps to keep me on track and so i can see how far i have come from doing NONE to very little of the above!!:bigsmile: )

I care, I read all of your guys' posts. I think your making great progress. I have been MIA for the last 2 days due to my mini vacay! But I'm back now! Keep it up! I'd love to see you go all the way through:)

I read everyone's posts too; I don't do it everyday, though, just when I'm checking in. I love the fact that everyone is doing something to not only lose weight, but to improve their overall physical health.

Good job and keep going!!

ME TOO!:bigsmile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Good job! Push-up's are my weakness too. There hard as it is, but I stabbed through my thumb a lil over a month ago and still can't put my full weight on it...but the point is were trying :D Keep it up! Your doing great!

Ouch - sorry to hear about that thumb, Deanna. I've watched your progress and you are in amazing shape!!

Awww, thank you! I'm trying. Always loved being very physical but obviously having given birth to 3 children in just a lil over 5 yrs well it's sorta taken a toll on my body a bit. I love fitness even more now that I have people I can share things with and am not that far from being in the best shape I've been in since before having children! You keep up the good work too, it feels so good when it all pays off :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    w2d3

Sit-ups - 121
    Squats - 109
    Push-ups - 60

The push-ups are brutal. Plus I'm doing them with Jillian's 30 Day Shred - I generally do 12 a set. I've never done so many push-ups in my life. My arms have literally been sore for 2 weeks!!

Hahaha, I feel you girl! I've been doing the shred for quite some time now too, it'll feel so good once you start seeing results, that's when it all pays off! Keep in mind that it's "pain for a purpose" Your doing GREAT!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Reapeating Week6 Day1 Column3 today
    Just got my kiddos down, gonna go workout....be back in a bit with results!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Push-up's Week2 Day2 Column3
    TOTAL: 71 (regular)

71 (edge of the couch, backwards also)

GRAND TOTAL: 142
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Crunches
    TOTAL: 342
    :drinker: *WHEW*