200 Sit-up challenge! Any takers?

Options
So first off I'd like to start out by saying this only takes maybve 15min out of my day and has already made a difference in tightening up. I have had 3 children in 5yrs so I could use that especially now with loosing weight. Great way to also strengthen your core.Here is the link to the challenge website: http://www.twohundredsitups.com/.

I tried this one another thread and everyone slowly gave up and I was the only one left posting. So anyone who is willing to join me in following this all the way through. Your more then welcome. Today will be the first day for myself again and I can't remember where I left off last week so I am starting the cycle fresh- which is the exhaustion test.

Do as many sit-up's as you can, until you can't go anymore, and log them here. Don't be discouraged if it's not that many to start. That's what this program is for. Then you get one "break" day and will locate your spot on the chart Wednesday then go from that in the days to follow. Next week I will start the squat challenge, and the following week will be the push-up challenge!

ANY TAKERS?

Replies

• francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to try it with you....how would you log the situps? by how long it takes you?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm a taker
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I managed to do 18 today. :( Not great, but it's a good start I gues.

I challenge myself to do 20 tomorrow. :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ok today will be just the exhaustion test, so lie on your back and do as many sit-ups as you can then come back on here and log Ex: 85 sit-ups

on Wednesday once you figure out what column your in
    EX: Column 2
    You'd start column 2 day 1
    and log like this

EX: Column 2 day 1
    Sit-up challenge

Time 15min

You'll follow the chart- and record as many as you can do for each rep (if it asks you for 25 and you only do 23, put down 23)
    - then your time at the bottom.

I'm begining my exhaustion test in a few min and will post when I'm through :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

If you've already done your 18 today then tomorrow just do as many as you can do. 20 is a great goal, then we'll start following the chart on Wednesday!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

If you've already done your 18 today then tomorrow just do as many as you can do. 20 is a great goal, then we'll start following the chart on Wednesday based on the results of the exhaustion test!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. I will do my test tonight.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. I will do my test tonight.

GREAT. I look forward to seeing your girls' results.
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    And me *waves* - just done week 5 day 1 of couch - 5k so before I cool down I'll do my sit ups - hang on a mo! be back soon x :tongue:

Back again - 20 full sit ups in 5 min - after I started doing crunches then realised they weren't full sit ups !
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    OK! My exhaustion test results are

Whcih would put me at week 3 column 2 or 3. I'll start in column 3. on Wednesday.

Just do your exhaustion test then go here----> http://www.twohundredsitups.com/week1.html and start reading. It'll explain which column you should be in for week 1.................and if you did more then 30 consecutive sit-ups you'll start in week 3 (either column 2 or 3).

Our actual "day 1" will be Wednesday once you've done your exhaustion and determined your week and column. Day 2 will be Thurs. and day 3- Fri.

Next week on Monday we will move up a week- Day 1/Mon Day 2/Wed Day 3/Fri. until we finish! Just so you know this sit-up challenge aren't just made up numbers this is based on an Army Standard test and all workouts are gender nuetral! Good Luck!:happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    And me *waves* - just done week 5 day 1 of couch - 5k so before I cool down I'll do my sit ups - hang on a mo! be back soon x :tongue:

Great Job!
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am starting C25K today too after work. The situp's seems like a great matching workout to go with it. I'm in.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think I will join in!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I started this awhile back, but life got me.:cry: Now I am taking my life back (it helps that school is out for the summer!:tongue: ) I will do my exhaustion test tonight and report back! (I will try to join you on the squats and pushups, too.)
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ex Test: 40 pushups. But since I didn't keep good form, I'm only taking 30.
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    Started C25K (though did 30 min instead of the recommended 20) and 35 situps!!
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I got really excited and laid down to do the sit ups right away, and managed about 25. Went to the site and found that would put me into week 1, column 3.

On reading further into the site though I was left with the impression that we should be doing crunches/curls as opposed to *full* sit ups...

Waited a half hour and did crunches, managed 65. This would put me into week 3 column 3.

Where should I be starting?
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have the c25k program on my ipod and had started this a few months ago but lost motivation after about 3 weeks. Think I will start again today with this as well :D should definately boost my exercise and calorie burning!
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    You should start it back up!! Since you were doing it before and not quite starting from couch this time, it will be even easier to get through the first few weeks. Combining the two today felt great!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Great job! Yes start in week 3 column 3 with those results! I know the site says sit-ups but I've been doing crunches too I got the same impression! You'll be right along with me :)