200 Sit-up challenge! Any takers?

Options

Replies

• Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did 100 situps this morning after biking.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Week Two /Day Two

total: 100

Great job!! :wink:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Week 4 - Day 1 - 184 Situps

I didn't find today all that hard, just took my time and went at a steady pace.

Exactly what I do....Great job!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    W4D1

32/32
    38/38
    32/32
    32/32
    48/50

Good job!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    At high reps, sit-ups essentially become cardio exercise. I don't know whether you're all doing this to "tone up" your abs, but if you are, you're better off putting weights on your chest or using a machine and pushing out 6-8 reps until you're to the point of exhaustion, for about 3 sets, every other day. That will tone your abs better than anything else.

Thanks for the advice. Were all just following a program to accomplish the 200 sit up's! I'llmaybe give it a try today! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I am in. I will take the initial test today. Six weeks to 200!!!!

WHOO HOO!!! :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I did 100 situps this morning after biking.

Glad to hear it! :))
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    Week 3, Day 2
    30 / 30
    38 / 38
    23 / 23
    23 / 23
    Max - 70

Feel the burn and love seeing the flatness of the abdominal area.

Forgot to include total - 184
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to start on Monday so I can sync it up with my C25K routine.

I also wanted to do the 100 push-up challenge that you can find on the same website. I think I'm going to stagger that one so it's Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. I can't do a real push up yet, so I'm going to start with a modified push up (aka "girl push up", haha) until I get some upper body strength going and then restart doing real push ups.

I'm going to do my exhaustion tests today or tomorrow so I can get going on Monday!

I'm so excited!
  • Jcrowe0317
    Options
    Day two... 100 situps.. by the way... I do the half way up situps... these are better for your back... Are you folks doing a complete situp?
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Week Two

Day One: 110
    Day Two: 100
    Day Three: 110
  • jbest73
    jbest73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am totally in. I just got the Iphone app and will do my test tomorrow. Woohoo!
  • Jcrowe0317
    Options
    Day 3 - 110 sit ups done after completing 45 minutes of lower and upper body workouts using the balance ball. My children gave me the balance ball and dvd for Mother's Day. It is a great way to get a good workout anytime. I highly recommend it.
  • nice_lady721
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this online fitnesspal, but I would love to take on this challenge. Is it to late to start?
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I'm new here too, but I'm going to try this challege anyways. I'll do my initial test today (pretty sure I already know what my results will be) and start with week 1 tomorrow so I can stick with the M/W/F schedule.
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wk 3 Day 2
    30/30
    38/38
    23/23
    23/23
    Max @ least 38 I Did 50
    Wow The Burn Hoping this truely does pay off! =)

Wk 3 Day 3
    33/33
    42/42
    30/30
    30/30
    Max @ least 45 I did get to 55 =)

Hope all are doing well! Everyone Keep up the Great work!!!
  • carezzz
    carezzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this!

Did my initial exhaustion test on Thursday - did 33 - putting me in Week 3 column 2

Following a sunday/tuesday/thursday schedule..

So today I started week 3 day 1 and did:
    30(max 25)
    total: 111
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    Check in - Week 3, Day 3

33 / 33
    42 / 42
    30 / 30
    30 / 30
    Max - 70

I see some people are doing the push-up challenges, too. I did them also; I started at the same time as the sit-ups. I'm also doing the squats challenge. I had already decided to focus on these three areas back in May, so when the challenges showed up, I grabbed on to them. I do all of them on the same days and it takes about 45 minutes and I sweat like crazy! But I'm getting better. My core is still not strong enough to do military push-ups, but that is my goal.

Good luck, everyone, and keep up the good work. Stay strong and stay focused.
  • Jcrowe0317
    Options
    Day 4 - 120 sit ups after a one hour bike ride...
  • Jcrowe0317
    Options
    Did anyone ever try using the balance ball for push ups? It seems easier but definite works...