200 Sit-up challenge! Any takers?

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I have the c25k program on my ipod and had started this a few months ago but lost motivation after about 3 weeks. Think I will start again today with this as well :D should definately boost my exercise and calorie burning!
    ''

Me too!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I started this awhile back, but life got me.:cry: Now I am taking my life back (it helps that school is out for the summer!:tongue: ) I will do my exhaustion test tonight and report back! (I will try to join you on the squats and pushups, too.)

GREAT! Good luck!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ex Test: 40 pushups. But since I didn't keep good form, I'm only taking 30.

Are you doing the push-up test or sit-ups? Either or is fine but we're all on sit-up's to start and then are starting push-up's next! Great job either way :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    You should start it back up!! Since you were doing it before and not quite starting from couch this time, it will be even easier to get through the first few weeks. Combining the two today felt great!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! :)

Yes it did :) Great workout :))
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ok Tuesday is rest day! So everyone look up the site and figure out where you are in weeks and columns based on your exhaustion tests and we'll start day one Wefnesday :))
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    45 puts me at Week 3 column 3.
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I meant situps! Duh!! Crunches, actually.
  • stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just completed the initial test and did 50. That puts me in week 3 column 2 or 3. I think I will start with column 2 tomorrow. Oh, I am also doing crunches as the site says this:

"Please note, due to the potential risk of spinal damage involved with performing traditional sit-ups, the two hundred sit- ups program will utilize the more common crunch or curl up exercise.

Throughout this site, wherever you read the words "sit-up(s)", please think in terms of crunches or curl ups, not the out-of-favour mass taught exercise."
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I meant situps! Duh!! Crunches, actually.

I figured! :) Just double checking though! Great job!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    45 puts me at Week 3 column 3.

GREAT! You'll be starting where I am too :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm in. I just completed the initial test and did 50. That puts me in week 3 column 2 or 3. I think I will start with column 2 tomorrow. Oh, I am also doing crunches as the site says this:

"Please note, due to the potential risk of spinal damage involved with performing traditional sit-ups, the two hundred sit- ups program will utilize the more common crunch or curl up exercise.

Throughout this site, wherever you read the words "sit-up(s)", please think in terms of crunches or curl ups, not the out-of-favour mass taught exercise."

Thank you for clarifying that for everyone :) We don't want any injuries! So technically I guess this should be called the 200 crunch challenge. ;)

HOWS EVERYONE'S ABS FEELING TODAY!?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hope everyone plans on doing there first day of the week their ex. test results put them in today! Look forward to hearing results...doing mine in a min :) after recovering from my workout!
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    I just saw this thread. Hope I can still join. I know I can do between 40 - 50 crunches at a time. But will check when I get home.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I just saw this thread. Hope I can still join. I know I can do between 40 - 50 crunches at a time. But will check when I get home.

Yes of course anyone can join anytime they'd like. So just do your exhaustion test, find your week and column you'll be begining on, on the 200 sit-up site. You'll only be a day behind, no biggie! Everyone starts at different weeks so chances are you won't even be behnd after the exhaustion test :) WELCOME :smile:
  • BbNuke
    Options
    I'm ready to go with Day One tonight after work - I'm excited!!

Week One, Column 3
  • BbNuke
    Options
    Week One/Day One/Column Three

15 15
    18 18
    10 10
    10 10
    Max: 20

Time: 8 minutes

Feeling: A little shaky, but very proud of myself!
  • BbNuke
    Options
    Okay, what happened? Did I do it on the wrong day? Am I the only one who started the challenge??
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing Turbo Kickboxing and Yoga yesterday. Was too exhausted after that to do my situps. I'll be doing them tonight before my 3rd C25K jog of the week. :) It's been a great week so far!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Week One/Day One/Column Three

15 15
    18 18
    10 10
    10 10
    Max: 20

Time: 8 minutes

Feeling: A little shaky, but very proud of myself!

GREAT JOB!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Okay, what happened? Did I do it on the wrong day? Am I the only one who started the challenge??
    Nope I did it too! Just ran out of time to post my results, will do so now :)