200 Sit-up challenge! Any takers?

Options

Replies

• blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did 100 sit ups yesterday on my yoga ball....is that ok or should I do them on the floor?

Either or I'm in

edit- after looking at the site, I probably should do them on the floor..I will do the inital test tomorrow and join in on friday :)
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Deanna, I just came across your post yesterday and happily did my 200 crunches (I had to modify) I feel great it was easy as I did it periodically through the day and I am excited to have this new plan in my arsenol! I am in on the supoport network as long as the crunches count, I am working on the actual sit up but have back probs. Can I add you as a friend so that I can track with you more easily as I am not the most competent at the compouter skills and have enough of a challenge finding the threads for the 30 day shred! Thanks for this new tool!!
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would say I am week 3 - Day 5 - 140 situps - After biking 50 mins..
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    WEEK 1 DAY 2
    SET 1: 9
    SET 2: 12
    SET 3: 9
    SET4: 9
    TOTAL36
    TOTAL TIME 4:00
    FEEL DIFFERENT FROM DOING THEM LIKE I HAD BEFORE.. I CAN REALLY FEEL THOSE MUSCLES WORKING!!
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    WEEK 1 DAY 2
    SET 2: 18
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I did the E test today. I got to 62 crunches. I think I would have done more except I was interupted twice. Will begin the sets tomorrow! I have also passed this great web site onto any one who would listen! Thanks for posing the challenge!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    So...I just read your first email thoroughly and found the website. I will read through and take the initial test... Details to follow...Thanks for asking..

Was just curious. Glad you found the site, makes a difference :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Check in - Week 4 / Day 1 / Column 3

32 / 32
    38 / 38
    32 / 32
    32 / 32
    max = 70

Total = 204

I didn't do as well today as I did Day 3 of Week 3, but then again I am feel pretty lousy and probably shouldn't have done these tonight. I could have used the energy for getting better. Oh well - trying to stick with the plan.

By the way, I didn't read anywhere about whether or not our goal is to do 200 without stopping. I'm assuming that's what we are to do, but just clarifying.

Just read further and see we are now recording our squats and push-ups. I started these when I started the sit-ups, so here is where I am:

Push-ups - Week 4 / Day 1 / Column 3
    18 / 18
    22 / 22
    16 / 16
    16 / 16
    max - 25 (I had to break after 16 for 30 seconds and then finish the last 9)

Total = 97

Squats - Week 4 / Day 1 / Column 3
    29 / 29
    34 / 34
    29 / 29
    29 / 29
    max - 80

Total = 201

GREAT GREAT JOB! Yes ultimate goal will be the 200, but I do these crunch patterns everyday and someone on here reccomended using a weight on your chest, then doing the crunch, I've been doing that since Monday, ultimately the 200 crunches would be nice, but some toning in the ab's is another goal of mine :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I did 100 sit ups yesterday on my yoga ball....is that ok or should I do them on the floor?

Either or I'm in

edit- after looking at the site, I probably should do them on the floor..I will do the inital test tomorrow and join in on friday :)

Good to have you :) I prefer floor with a weight on my chest.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I would say I am week 3 - Day 5 - 140 situps - After biking 50 mins..

There is 3 days in each week what you do is find your week then the column (1being easiest- 2 medium- 3 difficult) on the chart based on your exhaustion test and start at day 1. I do these all week long and start Monday, so for instance I'm on Week 5 Column 3 day 1 (Monday) and I repeated that yesterday, Day 2 today and will repeat day 2 tomorrow, Day 3 Friday and will repeat that Sat. or Sun. I only repeat because I like the workout. Good luck!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    WEEK 1 DAY 2
    SET 2: 12
    TOTAL36
    TOTAL TIME 4:00
    FEEL DIFFERENT FROM DOING THEM LIKE I HAD BEFORE.. I CAN REALLY FEEL THOSE MUSCLES WORKING!!

GREAT JOB!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I did the E test today. I got to 62 crunches. I think I would have done more except I was interupted twice. Will begin the sets tomorrow! I have also passed this great web site onto any one who would listen! Thanks for posing the challenge!!

No problemo, greta having you! Good job for your first exhaustion test! Keep it up :)
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Where do I find the info about the challenge, and how do I get started? I think I'd like to try it. :flowerforyou:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Where do I find the info about the challenge, and how do I get started? I think I'd like to try it. :flowerforyou:

www.twohundredsitups.com
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Week 3 / Day 2/ Column 2 (which is only actually day 2 for me since I started on week 3 per the initial test reccomendation)

21 / 21
    28 / 28
    21 / 21
    21 / 21
    max = 40

Total = 131

In all fairness, I'm doing the 30 DS too and my abs are already getting quite the workout!
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Ok tonight I did the Situp Exhaustion Test (after week 4) = 110

Pushups - Week 1 - Column 3 = 51

10/10
    12/12
    7/7
    7/7
    9/15

Squats - Week 3 - Column 3 = 110

19/19
    24/24
    19/19
    19/19
    27/30

Wow! I am feeling really good. Surprised that I could do that many pushups and squats.
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 6 - 150 situps
    After a 25 minute abs and back routine on balance ball. Raining today so no outside biking.
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.!! I'm going to check it out and try to get started. :flowerforyou:
  • sburtnyk
    sburtnyk Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in, will try my first set today and see how far i get!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ahhhh I did my week 5 Column3 Day2 yesterday....ab's burnt like hell, but it was a good pain. A pain for a purpose and I loved it!!! Completed all 8 of the set's:bigsmile: My ab's are certainly changing!!!

Totals for yesterday, today I will repeat yesterday's again.....oh and I did my squats and push-ups after a mile power walk and the 30 day shred :happy:

About 10min
    Total 289