Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    he s one ugly dude maybe needs to get a mirror lol
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Strikes me as odd that we would be outraged that he would worship thinness while we struggle mightily to get there and stay there ourselves.

There are plenty of ugly thin people xD His comment doesn't just target "larger" people

but who cares, there's are thousands of snooty stores out there that target the same "ideal" demographic
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    How outraged are you at plus sized shops that do not offer sizes below a 12?

good point
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with them selling only certain sizes..as you guys have all mentioned Lane Bryant, Torrid and Avenue all cater to larger sizes. Is anyone familiar with a store called 5-7-9? They only carry sizes 00 through 9. I haven't heard a peep about that store.

I think the outrage is over his choice of words. "cool vs uncool". Like to be popular and have friends you must be under a size 10. Harmful words considering his target market is teens. He is just an ugly person, inside and out.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Doesn't surprise me, but it's a private company. They can and should choose to cater to whomever they please. I've chosen not to give them my business for several years now, even buying for my nieces and nephews.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    the_man_behind_abercrombie_fitch.jpg
    family-guy-projectile-vomit-o.gif
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wait, I have a better idea. let's everyone over size ten go into A&F and stuff our *kitten* into thier jeans. Take up dressing rooms and keep trying on different sizes untill you have a huge pile of jeans to be re folded or rehung. Gotta keep those pretty people employed!!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    le sigh.

There aren't enough hours in the day as it is, you want me to care about a company's marketing strategy???

Are you F****** kidding me??

Seriously, are you trolling?

ETA:
    AND ^^ that.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Im too fat and too poor to shop there, so jimmy crack corn and I dont care :flowerforyou:
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options

Hahaha, this is exactly what I was going to say. The reason why there are so many different varities of stores is because people wear different sizes and have different styles, obviously. Exactly the same thing as plus sized stores not selling smaller clothes. As ignorant as his comments may be, it's his marketing technique and he is a very successful man. It's a private company, the clothes don't have to appeal to or fit everyone. Shop somewhere else and stop complaining about it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This is an awesome comment! I completely agree. I was hoping to catch people's eye with the "outraged" topic and it bit me in the *kitten*...oh well. I just wanted people to know about it. At one time I couldn't wait until I could fit into their clothes but now I will NEVER buy their clothes.

I appreciate the people who have "half a brain" and commented appropriately! :)

So anyone who doesn't think this is worth becoming "outraged" at has "half a brain"? I mean this in the kindest way, but some people prefer to save their "outrage" for things that actually matter. No one can argue that he sounds like an *kitten*, but a store that only caters to its target market is nothing new. Sorry, but there are more important things for me to be concerned about.

You don't get to decide what is "appropriate" for other people to feel.

QFT

Way to go OP. That shows maturity when you insult people with different priorities and opinions. [/sarcsasm]
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Explain the logic you are using here.
    I think her logic is that plus size store only cater to people that are 18 and up but not below so why would people get upset over a store that only caters to a size 10 and below when you think about it it makes sense plus size store only cater to one group of people and nobody says anything but when another store only wants to cater to slim people, people get upset.
  • lyssad86
    lyssad86 Posts: 31
    Options
    Fat-shaming is the problem here, people. Yes, the man can do what he wants with his company. And I can call him out for being an *kitten*, because he is one. No, I won't shop there because I don't support that kind of message. Plus-sized shops are there to give options to people who often have a harder time finding clothes. Tell me how many other stores ALREADY cater to the SAME crowd as A&F? It's not a freaking specialty store. And other popular stores, like American Eagle and Forever 21, are adding sizes so that they can ADD customers rather than exclude them because they're jerks.

Call them like you see them. No A&F for me. And I hope the entire world starts figuring out that fat-shaming (or on the flip side, saying that skinny is the only acceptable body type) is wrong.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    i am also outraged that afro-sheen only caters to the african-american

I'm sure the african-american community wouldn't mind you giving it a try, although I doubt you'd like it.

Why wouldn't he? The same chemicals that are in afro-sheen are in pretty much every other hair product out there. Don't let the name fool you.

get yourrrrr soouuuuuuul glooowwwww ....sorry coming to america moment...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Im too fat and too poor to shop there, so jimmy crack corn and I dont care :flowerforyou:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I'm sure the african-american community wouldn't mind you giving it a try, although I doubt you'd like it.

Why wouldn't he? The same chemicals that are in afro-sheen are in pretty much every other hair product out there. Don't let the name fool you.

I'll give you extra points if you post a soul glow gif
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    And I"m to Damm Old, Besides they dont even sell Racing Helmuts ! Havent Heard Jimmy Crack Corn In Decades Luv it.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with it but whoever owns the store can do what they want with the store and hire who they want in the store. I don't shop there anyways.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'll give you extra points if you post a soul glow gif

soul-glo-o.gif
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options

Hahahaha, love this.