A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• kishkoway
    kishkoway Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I read the first page and then skipped to the end and replied. You know ultimately your life is yours. If you want to eat healthier and not use weight loss or body change as your goal, then c'est la vie! I always, my whole life of being overweight, which is a long time I always wanted others to like me, to accept me, to include me, to not make exceptions and fun of me because of my weight, to not say mean things, to enjoy my presence and not be overkind to the fat girl, to not assume I am depressed and miserable and that since I'm fat i'm ugly and so on and so on blah blah blah.

The BIGGEST change has happened when I started to really look at who I am, my life story, my resiliency, that I am a nice person, and I am a good person, who loves to laugh and that I need to reach out rather than hide out. That is on me, to like and love who I am and by doing so i've found acceptance, friendship, care and a world that is really blessed.

Next has come a wonderful marriage to a man who loves me for me too. He doesn't see how overweight I am, just how beautiful I am to him. He loves my body the way it is, but as he said he loves me to be me as long as I don't lose my butt haha :)

Next has come a natural desire to live longer so I can live longer with him. I want to do what I can to grow and have as long as possible with him. I was getting better before I met him, but he is like whip cream on the pie.

So motivation, a true desire for health and not for any of the reasons I felt ashamed, limited, demoralizing and embaressed about who I was as a person, and now I feel I am really working on making serious changes to my eating habits and putting effort into exercising.

So who knows, I love who I am now, so it won't change how much I love myself to be healthier, but it helps me maintain a goal and desire that I truly wish for to be able to be here and be healthy.

Anyways, I just find myself a little identifying with you in the aspect that loving who you are is amazing and you don't have to be thin to achieve that so I support your decision to be here to be healthier and make the small or big changes you want to make.

Feel free to friend me.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Op - you never actually had to 'stick out like a sore thumb' you put yourself out there and did that.

You could have just posted about wanting support for a more healthy lifestyle, after all that is the crux of your joining here right?
    In fact your whole body love thing is irrelevant, you are here for the same reason as each and every one of us - to feel better.

You made yourself a target, why do that? When it was entirely unnecessary?

This ^^ is a valid point IMO.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

Fat-pride is ruining this world. Being obese is not only unhealthy, but disgusting. Why sign up on a FITNESS site if you're just going to go around making excuses for being a hambeast? Cut calories, start being active and stop making up excuses and justifications for being a fatass. Change or gtfo hambeast.

Right... people who love themselves are TOTALLY the problem.

It's not a matter of loving yourself when projecting a completely unhealthy and disgusting lifestyle in a place where others are attempting to better themselves.

What are you even talking about -- she's talking about watching her diet and moving more so she is more fit. Did you even read the original post before you made your hideous comment?
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Some of these replies show no mercy. No mercy, man. :laugh:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I respect and honor you for seeking health rather than vanity! It's very encouraging to see women/people of different shapes and sizes loving who they are and not trying to fit into a pinhole size that may or may not be right for them. That being said, of course, always air on the side of health. I'd rather see someone that was 200 lbs that was healthy than someone that was 120 and anorexic or doing unhealthy things to maintain that weight. Of course, consume healthy foods, try to be active daily, and engage in some sort of vigorous workout at least 3 times a week. More importantly, love yourself at every stage of life and NEVER let bullies push or pull you in a direction to which you don't want to go.

Unfortunately for you, this site probably isn't going to give you the exact response you're looking for. Like another poster said, it's more for people who are looking to lose or maintain a socially acceptable and healthy weight. However, I've found a handful of people who are motivational and loving no matter what the goal is. I happen to be one of those people, so I'd be happy to motivate you on your journey of health and happiness.

That doesn't even make any sense. By definition, being overweight by 200lbs isn't healthy.

By what definition? The BMI?

Top 10 Reasons Why The BMI is Bogus by Keith Devlin
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

People that are 200 lbs can and are healthy, because the operational definitions of health isn't a specific size or weight.

It's not about the BMI, but rather the fat %. Having that much fat around your organs is not healthy and will have consequences sooner than later.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I did not read the last seven pages...

...OP please ignore the haters...

I'm thinking if you had read the 1st 7 pages you may have noticed (as I did) that this thread truly isn't full of "haters". Seems to me most were welcoming and supportive. And some said, as you did (eg, your knees hurting, high blood pressure, fat "killing you", etc), that health may eventually become an issue due to obesity.
  • jaxstraww
    jaxstraww Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    being comfortable in your skin doesn't change the fact that you're fat. period.

I got what you meant as I knew what I wrote on page one of this train wreck.

Issue here isn't being comfortable with yourself. A guy with no legs that learns to accept his disability eventually should be applauded.

This woman is happy to be obese and all the encouragement posts have me scratching my head. Why would anyone suggest that if your happy with yourself eat yourself into daily medication and a short life span.

I'm happy with myself by blasting my veins each night with a drug.
    I'm happy with myself by drinking and driving each night.

Let's applaud those feelings as well. At least the person feels good about themselves.............

Absolute troll post.

Before I go...The sumo wrestler post. They eat a ton of fish and rice and just pack on calories. They also get their fat *kitten* up each morning and train. The OP is happy to eat dessert each night as long as she is comfortable being fat? Apples and oranges with that example.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Op - you never actually had to 'stick out like a sore thumb' you put yourself out there and did that.

You could have just posted about wanting support for a more healthy lifestyle, after all that is the crux of your joining here right?
    In fact your whole body love thing is irrelevant, you are here for the same reason as each and every one of us - to feel better.

^Have to agree with all of this. And then advertising the tumblr thing? Attention...*coughs*. Well, best of luck to you OP. I hope that being that overweight doesn't catch up with you anytime soon. I know at my heaviest, I began to have health issues - especially back issues and I know that I could never appreciate or love myself at my heaviest knowing that I was hurting myself like that. :flowerforyou:
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Some of us are still learning as we go. I'd be happy to join your group of friends. :-)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

Fat-pride is ruining this world. Being obese is not only unhealthy, but disgusting. Why sign up on a FITNESS site if you're just going to go around making excuses for being a fat? Cut calories, eat clean healthy foods, and try being a bit more active. Not only will you feel better, you'll lower your chances of diabetes and heart disease. And best of all, you won't have the label of a fat lazy hambeast anymore. Give it a shot.

Well, I see you edited your initial insulting crap. I would tell you to give being a decent human being a shot, but I don't think you'd know how.
  • rainbowlove03
    Options
    I respect and honor you for seeking health rather than vanity! It's very encouraging to see women/people of different shapes and sizes loving who they are and not trying to fit into a pinhole size that may or may not be right for them. That being said, of course, always air on the side of health. I'd rather see someone that was 200 lbs that was healthy than someone that was 120 and anorexic or doing unhealthy things to maintain that weight. Of course, consume healthy foods, try to be active daily, and engage in some sort of vigorous workout at least 3 times a week. More importantly, love yourself at every stage of life and NEVER let bullies push or pull you in a direction to which you don't want to go.

Unfortunately for you, this site probably isn't going to give you the exact response you're looking for. Like another poster said, it's more for people who are looking to lose or maintain a socially acceptable and healthy weight. However, I've found a handful of people who are motivational and loving no matter what the goal is. I happen to be one of those people, so I'd be happy to motivate you on your journey of health and happiness.

^ My words exactly!

@ OP : I definitely have much respect for you! I love that you are confident in your body, but still looking to improve over-all health over anything else. You can definitely add me and look to me for support (: "Big girls got to stick together", right?

Might I also ask, what's the name of your blog? Is it on tumblr or some other site?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

^Have to agree with all of this. And then advertising the tumblr thing? Attention...*coughs*. Well, best of luck to you OP. I hope that being that overweight doesn't catch up with you anytime soon. I know at my heaviest, I began to have health issues - especially back issues and I know that I could never appreciate or love myself at my heaviest knowing that I was hurting myself like that. :flowerforyou:

You mean the part where she isn't using that same name here as on tumbr and then saying she QUIT two months ago?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    OP, I am glad you are happy with your body. That's wonderful, it really is.
    However, just as I would not encourage a 5'8'' 90 pounds girl to stay at that weight, I cannot say that I believe it's okay for someone to be severely overweight. You may not have health issues now, but why not decrease the odds that you will experience such issues in the future?
    I honestly do not understand how everyone is so encouraging of you staying at this weight. If i start a thread right now about how I want to be 80 pounds I'm going to get (rightfully) hundreds of responses about how that is unhealthy. This is no different.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just want to add that from my perspective: taking care of my health and being fit is self care and appreciating my body (and is very enjoyable). If I did not do those things, that would mean that I was very depressed (but that's just me). On the other hand having more self-acceptance (about all kinds of things) is always a good goal for me to keep in mind through it all.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    However, just as I would not encourage a 5'8'' 90 pounds girl to stay at that weight, I cannot say that I believe it's okay for someone to be severely overweight. You may not have health issues now, but why not decrease the odds that you will experience such issues in the future?
    I honestly do not understand how everyone is so encouraging of you staying at this weight. If i start a thread right now about how I want to be 80 pounds I'm going to get (rightfully) hundreds of responses about how that is unhealthy. This is no different.

Bingo, said it better than I. Guess I took it a little far.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Well stated.
  • rainbowlove03
    Options
    I'm still really confused about what people are so upset about? This is a website about changing your lifestyle and getting healthy. OP came on here, said she wanted to change her lifestyle and get healthy. She also said she loves herself the way she is now, even though she's overweight.

So what's the f***ing problem? Here is a girl who is obviously very mentally secure with herself, something very few of us can truly say. Now, she wants to treat her body right by eating better and moving more (like pretty much all of us on this site). That's literally all her post was about. That's it. Nothing else. Nada.

Still so confused over here.

^ This
  • CarolElaine25
    CarolElaine25 Posts: 102
    Options
    Next has come a wonderful marriage to a man who loves me for me too. He doesn't see how overweight I am, just how beautiful I am to him. He loves my body the way it is, but as he said he loves me to be me as long as I don't lose my butt haha :)

Heh. Sounds like my boyfriend. He thinks I'm the sexiest woman he's ever known with my big ol' curvaceous body. Hell, he thinks I'm tiny! (Probably because his ex-wife outweighs me by about 50 lbs and is a major size-acceptance advocate.) He supports my desire to lose a few pounds because it's what I want. All he asks is that I not lose my butt or breasts. I told him that I didn't have much control over that, but that I would do what I could.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

But it's not for YOU to say anyone else's body is okay or not. She wasn't asking for your support -- she was saying that she felt out of place because she wasn't focused on weight or looking a certain way because she already accepts herself as she is.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

You use your body as a political statement? America has an "obesity epidemic"? (note the use of "" implying it doesn't)

Good luck getting healthier. That's a good thing.

You honestly don't think America has an obesity epidemic? Have you ever walked around a large city and people watched? We do have an obesity epidemic, the children of today are much larger than when I was a child. Our nation is weaker, sicker, and fatter than ever before.