A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    OP, I am glad you are happy with your body. That's wonderful, it really is.
    However, just as I would not encourage a 5'8'' 90 pounds girl to stay at that weight, I cannot say that I believe it's okay for someone to be severely overweight. You may not have health issues now, but why not decrease the odds that you will experience such issues in the future?
    I honestly do not understand how everyone is so encouraging of you staying at this weight. If i start a thread right now about how I want to be 80 pounds I'm going to get (rightfully) hundreds of responses about how that is unhealthy. This is no different.

But it's not for YOU to say anyone else's body is okay or not. She wasn't asking for your support -- she was saying that she felt out of place because she wasn't focused on weight or looking a certain way because she already accepts herself as she is.

But it is not for YOU to call anyone out for giving their opinion on this matter.

Just like you interjecting yourself at this juncture?

Hooray!! I -think- you may have understood the point!!! Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Anything I put in this post would be so heavily censored its not worth my typing. I do think you're in the wrong place for positive support though.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    However, just as I would not encourage a 5'8'' 90 pounds girl to stay at that weight, I cannot say that I believe it's okay for someone to be severely overweight. You may not have health issues now, but why not decrease the odds that you will experience such issues in the future?
    I honestly do not understand how everyone is so encouraging of you staying at this weight. If i start a thread right now about how I want to be 80 pounds I'm going to get (rightfully) hundreds of responses about how that is unhealthy. This is no different.

But it's not for YOU to say anyone else's body is okay or not. She wasn't asking for your support -- she was saying that she felt out of place because she wasn't focused on weight or looking a certain way because she already accepts herself as she is.
    Let's not kid ourselves. I fully believe OP realized before posting that it will lead to such a discussion. And I did not offer my opinion on the way her body looks. I don't care what she looks like, what you look like, honestly i don't care what anyone but me looks like.
    The only reason I replied to this post was because I was surprised at how encouraging people were of being severely overweight, while being underweight gets blasted on this site all the time. Why the difference?

I didn't say you offered you opinion of her body, but was responding specifically to "I cannot say that I believe it's okay for someone to be severely overweight".

The people encouraging her were basically saying that it's fine to be motivated by feeling better physically and not being thin or weighing some random weight. That's actually HEALTHY.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

But it is not for YOU to call anyone out for giving their opinion on this matter.

Just like you interjecting yourself at this juncture?

Hooray!! I -think- you may have understood the point!!! Good for you!! :flowerforyou:

I think you should probably keep your flower.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    come on yeah all the op has as much right to be here as any one else. she has goals and she not here telling everyone to eat so yeah cute her a break i've seen worse the girls starving them selfs or taking laxatives i don't see any one making a big deal about that. like i said its her body.

where's the love

is?vXDZAE1UPebNROvi19H6QJXiWlmD6oOEEs7uAKjToog
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that anyone LIKES being morbidly obese. Surely there's a deeper issue going on that needs to be addressed
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Scanning through a few of the comments here, it's obvious that this site has a large number of people that think numbers are more important than a healthy lifestyle. I would love to have someone as positive as you as a mfp friend.

how could someone who is over 200 pounds overweight have a healthy lifestyle????

So, are you sitting there with a list of "typical things people say when discriminating against obese people?" when you respond? It's sad and hilarious.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Why would somebody want to be heavy? I'm heavy and i'm doing everything in my power to change it. I hate being heavy. I don't understand why someone would want and enjoy being heavy and unhealthy.

yeah, I don't understand it either.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Anything I put in this post would be so heavily censored its not worth my typing. I do think you're in the wrong place for positive support though.

And yet she's received offerings of sincere & positive support aplenty. So seems to me she may very well be in the *right* place (if she decides so).
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that anyone LIKES being morbidly obese. Surely there's a deeper issue going on that needs to be addressed

Yes, everyone needs a good dose of self loathing to be healthy. What's she thinking?
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    come on yeah all the op has as much right to be here as any one else. she has goals and she not here telling everyone to eat so yeah cute her a break i've seen worse the girls starving them selfs or taking laxatives i don't see any one making a big deal about that. like i said its her body.

where's the love

is?vXDZAE1UPebNROvi19H6QJXiWlmD6oOEEs7uAKjToog

That's not what this is about. Things would be just as bad if the OP were happy about being 5'9" and 95 pounds. I mean come on.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why would somebody want to be heavy? I'm heavy and i'm doing everything in my power to change it. I hate being heavy. I don't understand why someone would want and enjoy being heavy and unhealthy.

Exactly.

No, not exactly. Is believing that you have intrinsic value, outside of your weight, really something you're arguing against? She obviously is experiencing some physical discomfort that is prompting her to make some changes. Why does she need to hate herself on top of that?
    Being that heavy, even if otherwise one is in perfect health, prevents a person from fully participating in LIFE. I don'tbelieve the OP loves herself as much as she claims, or she wouldn't be content to be so hindered.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    sarahgif.gif

[img]http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx195/skez520mia/SEXY GIFS/gifhulahoopnZer0.gif[/img]

Everyone should just start Hula Hooping.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Let's not kid ourselves. I fully believe OP realized before posting that it will lead to such a discussion. And I did not offer my opinion on the way her body looks. I don't care what she looks like, what you look like, honestly i don't care what anyone but me looks like.
    The only reason I replied to this post was because I was surprised at how encouraging people were of being severely overweight, while being underweight gets blasted on this site all the time. Why the difference?

tumblr_m1iaczvycj1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

That's absolutely right! If the OP had come on here saying, I'm severely underweight and I don't care, I love myself...how many would have said.."Uh no." and screamed pro-ana? Yet, someone comes on here severely overweight and says that and it's all high fives, kudos, and ignore the haters?

Sorry, what was that about people being fat biased again?

If you came here and said "I am severely underweight and I don't care -- I love myself and am going to make steps to improve how I feel physically" I don't think anyone would be coming at you with pitchfolks.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options

yeah, I don't understand it either.
    I don't either and I'm pretty big, also as others pointed out if the op was anorexic then this thread would have gone a different way.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's absolutely right! If the OP had come on here saying, I'm severely underweight and I don't care, I love myself...how many would have said.."Uh no." and screamed pro-ana? Yet, someone comes on here severely overweight and says that and it's all high fives, kudos, and ignore the haters?

If you came here and said "I am severely underweight and I don't care -- I love myself and am going to make steps to improve how I feel physically" I don't think anyone would be coming at you with pitchfolks.

Yes they would..because they have. And those threads end up getting nuked really fast.
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Scanning through a few of the comments here, it's obvious that this site has a large number of people that think numbers are more important than a healthy lifestyle. I would love to have someone as positive as you as a mfp friend.

how could someone who is over 200 pounds overweight have a healthy lifestyle????

So, are you sitting there with a list of "typical things people say when discriminating against obese people?" when you respond? It's sad and hilarious.

what? I don't discrminate against obese people. It's sad and hilarious that I'm pointing out the obvoious that being over 200 pounds overweight is not healthy? not following why that's sad and hilarious.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Yes they would..because they have. And those threads end up getting nuked really fast.

The ones actually talking about the positive steps somebody underweight can take don't get nuked -- that what this was -- then it descended into serious and nasty name calling and meanness --- and it's not nuked.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

what? I don't discrminate against obese people. It's sad and hilarious that I'm pointing out the obvoious that being over 200 pounds overweight is not healthy? not following why that's sad and hilarious.

i do
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

The ones actually talking about the positive steps somebody underweight can take don't get nuked -- that what this was -- then it descended into serious and nasty name calling and meanness --- and it's not nuked.

It's the weekend. Give it time.