A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....

So you say your goal isn't weight loss "or" changing the way you look...yet you want to feel better? There is a reason you don't "feel" well right now....and I'm sorry but there isn't much you can do that will "make you feel better" while not incurring "weight loss" or "changing the way you look".

If you start eating healthy, odds are you won't consume as much as you'll be full more, thus you will lose weight....
    If you start exercising, it will most likely have some effect on how you look.....

My suggestion to you is simple....quit lying to yourself. You know where your individual train is headed, regardless if it makes you feel better to try to type otherwise.

If you want to feel better, I suggest using the MFP counter, ensuring you have a balanced macro intake like 40/30/30, and start walking each day. 10 minutes to start if it's all you can do, and try to up it as much as you can each time you take a walk.

Even if you do this however, you'll probably have side effects that include "weight loss" or "changing the way you look"...nothing anyone can do about that.

Um the point is that her goal isn't to do those things. She accepts that they may happen, but starting this is not about hating how she looks, like so many people on here.

I find it offensive that you said 10 minutes to start if that's all you can do. Reminds me of a trainer that said that to me once. I responded with, can I play racquetball or get on the bike for an hour after that? He was completely surprised that I was physically able to do more than slough along. Us fatties are not all helpless slobs.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up on this post and it's just making me sad. So many of you are negative, mean, discriminating, flat out rude people, and the best part is that you all say it's because you care about someone's health. That's a lie. You don't care about health, you care about having to see people that you deem unattractive, wrong, lazy, disgusting, or whatever (which are all stereotypes that we've LEARNED based on prejudice and not at all on logic or experience) being happy with who they are, especially if you couldn't accept yourself in that state.

If her post, looking for motivation and support on a journey of SELF-IMPROVEMENT, made you angry or disgusted, look within yourselves because you've got a personal problem and it has NOTHING to do with caring about someone else's health. Even if you think someone can't be obese and healthy, it gives you no right to treat people without dignity or respect. Each individual's health is their own business, and whether they chose to do things in life that improve their health or hurt it (and I'm not just talking about weight) that's THEIR business. It's not a license to treat them like they're sub-human.
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how sarahz1442 knows OP is 200 pounds overweight.

Here's a pointless, yet humorous gif:
    wesleyaha_zpsd483e58d.gif
    That gif is actually not pointless..its a video clip from AHA - Take on me :drinker:

that's a good song and video.
    Yeah...lol played it on youtube as soon as a spotted the gif :laugh: ....indeed great song
  • Quasita
    Options
    Trying to catch up on this post and it's just making me sad. So many of you are negative, mean, discriminating, flat out rude people, and the best part is that you all say it's because you care about someone's health. That's a lie. You don't care about health, you care about having to see people that you deem unattractive, wrong, lazy, disgusting, or whatever (which are all stereotypes that we've LEARNED based on prejudice and not at all on logic or experience) being happy with who they are, especially if you couldn't accept yourself in that state.

If her post, looking for motivation and support on a journey of SELF-IMPROVEMENT, made you angry or disgusted, look within yourselves because you've got a personal problem and it has NOTHING to do with caring about someone else's health. Even if you think someone can't be obese and healthy, it gives you no right to treat people without dignity or respect. Each individual's health is their own business, and whether they chose to do things in life that improve their health or hurt it (and I'm not just talking about weight) that's THEIR business. It's not a license to treat them like they're sub-human.

Thank you for speaking out like this.
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Does anybody actually have a degree in psychology? I have one in behavioral science.....which is a branch of psychology that focuses on behaviors

I have a degree in psychology with emphasis in abnormal psychosis. I don't think there's anything psychologically wrong with the OP.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....

So you say your goal isn't weight loss "or" changing the way you look...yet you want to feel better? There is a reason you don't "feel" well right now....and I'm sorry but there isn't much you can do that will "make you feel better" while not incurring "weight loss" or "changing the way you look".

If you start eating healthy, odds are you won't consume as much as you'll be full more, thus you will lose weight....
    If you start exercising, it will most likely have some effect on how you look.....

My suggestion to you is simple....quit lying to yourself. You know where your individual train is headed, regardless if it makes you feel better to try to type otherwise.

If you want to feel better, I suggest using the MFP counter, ensuring you have a balanced macro intake like 40/30/30, and start walking each day. 10 minutes to start if it's all you can do, and try to up it as much as you can each time you take a walk.

Even if you do this however, you'll probably have side effects that include "weight loss" or "changing the way you look"...nothing anyone can do about that.

Um the point is that her goal isn't to do those things. She accepts that they may happen, but starting this is not about hating how she looks, like so many people on here.

I find it offensive that you said 10 minutes to start if that's all you can do. Reminds me of a trainer that said that to me once. I responded with, can I play racquetball or get on the bike for an hour after that? He was completely surprised that I was physically able to do more than slough along. Us fatties are not all helpless slobs.

Shhhh, you're lying. You're either a stereotype or you don't exist.

That said, keep kicking *kitten*. I am glad you arrived in this thread. You are amazing and I love your other post.
  • Quasita
    Options
    Oh man, I think I need to stop reading the replies to this thread... it's making me very frustrated.

You CAN be overweight or even obese and be healthy, fit, and take care of your body. Fitness is not one size fits all. And even if you don't agree with that, it's not your place to come to someone's post looking for motivation and reply with a bunch of negativity. Just move it along.

This has probably been said before, and no offense to the happy/fat girl, but being obese or even overweight is NOT healthy, and it will never be healthy. Your heart is strained by every extra pound you carry around. Perhaps you should educate yourself and take a simple health or nutrition class. The simple fact remains that fat and health will never coexist.

Being fat and proud seems like a denial game. That's like saying you're proud you have clogged arteries (because you do) or proud that you will likely die before you're 45 of a stroke or cancer (because you probably will). Having good genes will only keep you alive or well for so long, but your lifestyle will catch up to you.

Hopefully you will reconsider your unhealthy perspective on body image.

Maybe you should educate yourself that weight is a risk factor but not a guarantee of these problems, and the person best suited to say "your heart is strained" is a physician, not someone that read a book that talks about the average person XYZ. I'm 440 pounds, at most I was almost 500, and never once was my heart considered at risk in anyway.

My mom is 300+ and diabetic and when they checked her heart, they said it was the healthiest heart they'd seen in a 30+ year diabetic. EVER.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Hopefully you will reconsider your unhealthy perspective on body image.
    Why? For one, I'm at a "socially acceptable" weight, not that it's anybody's business but my own. I don't think you understand how complex body image is and how difficult it is for girls and women to be happy with their bodies at ANY weight...so I'm going to celebrate anybody who loves and accepts themselves because that's more refreshing and meaningful than having a healthy bmi.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Not true! How is humanity going to progress if more and more people start to think that it's okay to be obese?
    Also, I think it's very important to treat your body as best as possible. We only have one body. It's our temple. There are people fighting for their lives due to diseases and conditions beyond their control yet we have people who selfishly decide they don't want to embrace and take care of their capable body. It's sickening. Then they create their own problems.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....

Why would that offend you? After reading the OP opening, I have to assume she hasn't been doing exercise. Would you rather me said, hey OP you need to run 3 miles a day to start?

Get off your horse hun...the truth is the majority of people that are obese are NOT able to do those things. Anyone should be able to see I was inferring to do what you can, and slowly increase it as you are able.
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options
    earlier this year one of my internships as part of my masters program to become an occupational therapist was at a rehab hospital. most of the patients i dealt with were for orthopedic rehab post knee or hip replacement and many of them were obese. the obese patients had additional mobility issues and not only did i have to discuss ordering them bariatric grade durable medical equipment, i also had to instruct these patients on a piece of adaptive equipment called a "bottom buddy" for toilet hygiene. basically it's a long handled toilet paper/baby wipe holder. and i got to teach people how to use it and then supervise them while they tried it themselves.

the moral of the story is: if you love and accept your body that's great, but someday i might be helping you wipe your *kitten* because you can't reach it. not fun for either of us, trust me.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

All the high-fives and clapping for you.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I sort of wish this site had a thingy where you could vote up answers you liked best and vote down answers you liked the worst so that all the good stuff would be at the top.

Don't be silly! This kind of advanced internet forum technology won't be widely available until at least 1998.

Patience.

like an unsubscribe button??
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    ...So many of you are negative, mean, discriminating, flat out rude people, and the best part is that you all say it's because you care about someone's health. That's a lie. You don't care about health, you care about having to see people that you deem unattractive, wrong, lazy, disgusting, or whatever...

...It's not a license to treat them like they're sub-human.

I honest to goodness have not interpreted many posts like this ^^. And I'm usually a person who is a bit sensitive to mean & rude.

Interesting how interpretations can vary.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you like being fat that is certainly your business. Personally, being overweight was not such a pleasure for me. I was always tired, I couldn't walk through my yard without being out of breath, my knees hurt, my feet hurt, and every morning when I got out of bed my left heel hurt so bad that I could barely walk. All of these things disappeared when I lost 40 pounds. If you feel that being overweight is working for you then that's great. I wish you continued happiness and good health.
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options
    earlier this year one of my internships as part of my masters program to become an occupational therapist was at a rehab hospital. most of the patients i dealt with were for orthopedic rehab post knee or hip replacement and many of them were obese. the obese patients had additional mobility issues and not only did i have to discuss ordering them bariatric grade durable medical equipment, i also had to instruct these patients on a piece of adaptive equipment called a "bottom buddy" for toilet hygiene. basically it's a long handled toilet paper/baby wipe holder. and i got to teach people how to use it and then supervise them while they tried it themselves.

the moral of the story is: if you love and accept your body that's great, but someday i might be helping you wipe your *kitten* because you can't reach it. not fun for either of us, trust me.

<3
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Kept my lengthy comments to a private message but I'm jumping in to say, I am fat and I love my body too.

Those that assume that we're really unhealthy because of weight alone are closed minded. I have absolutely no precursors, warning signs, or medical problems other than a vitamin D deficiency from working in an office too long and the fact that my weight number is 2x what it's "supposed" to be.

There is 100% no shame in the Health at Every Size movement, people. A person CAN be medically healthy and obese at the same time. Sure, the doctor is going to encourage one to lose weight because eventually, you could see problems. However, being very heavy is no guarantee for diabetes and heart problems.

How many "healthy" people are on here that still smoke? Still log alcohol in their diet diary? Who allow themselves to binge eat on holidays? TONS. "Healthy" people on here blasting themselves for hours in the gym because they are scared of a tip up on the scale, verging on bulimic behavior in order to stay away from undefined abs... My god, some of you people are so miserable!

Why are you so scared to accept a woman that loves her body and herself no matter what? What the point is, is to find like-minded people who understand that this is not just about losing weight and being thin, but to love yourself, feel a bit better, and have friends that support you no matter what.

Frankly, this whole thread is full of abhorrent examples of people whose mental state regarding healthy lifestyles is completely skewed and judgmental, and for me, that makes me sad.
    All of this. Health is so subjective, most people have no real understanding of what makes a person healthy as it is. Until you have a fat person say that they love their body the way it is, then suddenly everyone's an expert and a doctor.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    ...So many of you are negative, mean, discriminating, flat out rude people, and the best part is that you all say it's because you care about someone's health. That's a lie. You don't care about health, you care about having to see people that you deem unattractive, wrong, lazy, disgusting, or whatever...

...It's not a license to treat them like they're sub-human.

I honest to goodness have not interpreted many posts like this ^^. And I'm usually a person who is a bit sensitive to mean & rude.

Interesting how interpretations can vary.
    there have been a lot of supportive people on here, but I've also seen some really mean comments that I'd rather have not read.
  • Quasita
    Options
    Hmmm....

Why would that offend you? After reading the OP opening, I have to assume she hasn't been doing exercise. Would you rather me said, hey OP you need to run 3 miles a day to start?

Get off your horse hun...the truth is the majority of people that are obese are NOT able to do those things. Anyone should be able to see I was inferring to do what you can, and slowly increase it as you are able.

I'm on a horse? Wow!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

I'm not quite nerdy but I just sent you a friend request. That kind of positivity is something I need in my life, and I'd love to be a support system for you!!