A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    All right folks, nothing more to see here. Let's let this post die an honorable death.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I want these last 20 minutes of my life back please.

Being confident and accepting of your body is awesome but in my eyes, a bit shortsighted. Life will catch up to you, it just will.

But I am not here to harp on you or anyone else, best of luck to you on whatever you want out of life.
  • twestla70
    twestla70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OP posts at 2pm and generates 15 pages................wow, if only my posts generated that much interest. Keep calm and carry on people. Let it be. We all have goals, not all of us have to approve or agree. Just my 2 cents.
  • twestla70
    twestla70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    All right folks, nothing more to see here. Let's let this post die an honorable death.

This....

should have read it before I posted. (and I realize....I am adding to the 15 pages..sorry, I'm out! promise!)
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Totally agreed. While we're bxtching at her for not working out, we're all sitting in front of our computers (probably with snacks) talking about how fat other people are.
    Ugh, I'm getting on my stationary bike & watching Harry Potter weekend. Goodnight <3 xoxoxo
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I would like to see some peer reviewed studies that show overweight people are more unhealthy.
    Oh my god... woman,just stop pls.....You really are getting ridiculous...
    But meanwhile you can read through this...
    http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/health_risks.htm

Oh no don't stop I am having a good time just hitting refresh and seeing the next great comment LOL

Me quit? Not until it rolls over.

Look people, I wholeheartedly believe in health at every size -- some of you I will genuinely converse with, others... well, I am having some funsies with you.

"wholeheartedly believe in health at EVERY SIZE"

I just... I don't know... REALLY????
    Really.

So, 5'4" 500 lbs... can be healthy?

So, 5'4" 65 lbs... can be healthy?

Is it my fault you can't google? Health at any/every size is focusing on other indicators of health aside from weight. It just means people are committed to loving themselves and changing to improve their HEALTH, not weight. It's a system of motivating yourself from a source of pride, not shame.
  • jshinoff
    jshinoff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would like to see some peer reviewed studies that show overweight people are more unhealthy.

Oh no don't stop I am having a good time just hitting refresh and seeing the next great comment LOL

Look people, I wholeheartedly believe in health at every size -- some of you I will genuinely converse with, others... well, I am having some funsies with you.

what? how is that possible? There are people who are too fat to get out of bed. You think someone can be healthy at 1,000 pounds?

As she stated, she is the actual troll on this thread.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This seems like a train wreck of a post... OP, you want to be fat and unhealthy...and yes being obese is extremely unhealthy then more power to you. This isn't the place to come and speak all that mess. People are here to better themselves, work hard, and lose the unhealthy weight to live a better healthy sustaining life style. While you are free to be anywhere you like, take all that mess somewhere else.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how sarahz1442 knows OP is 200 pounds overweight.

Here's a pointless, yet humorous gif:
    wesleyaha_zpsd483e58d.gif
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am in a similar boat to you. I definitely want to get healthier but I have no plans of ever being "skinny." I hope you can find motivation! :) Good Luck!

Doesn't seem to me you're in a "similar boat" to the OP ~ your ticker reads your goal is to lose 175 lbs, OP expressed "My goal isn't weight loss".

I'm not convinced many here have plans to be "skinny" either, so I'd say likely a good many of us are actually in a "similar boat" to you :).
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Totally agreed. While we're bxtching at her for not working out, we're all sitting in front of our computers (probably with snacks) talking about how fat other people are.
    Ugh, I'm getting on my stationary bike & watching Harry Potter weekend. Goodnight <3 xoxoxo

I went to the gym in the middle of the arguing and ran 3.75 miles. Then I came back.

I was surprised that the thread wasn't locked by the time I came back.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You don't stick out. You fit in. We all started somewhere.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am in a similar boat to you. I definitely want to get healthier but I have no plans of ever being "skinny." I hope you can find motivation! :) Good Luck!

Doesn't seem to me you're in a "similar boat" to the OP ~ your ticker reads your goal is to lose 175 lbs, OP expressed she's not really interested in specifically losing weight.

I'm not convinced many here have plans to be "skinny" either, so I'd say likely a good many of us are actually in a "similar boat" to you :).

Her ticker says 180 to lose, seems like they are in the same boat.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I sort of wish this site had a thingy where you could vote up answers you liked best and vote down answers you liked the worst so that all the good stuff would be at the top.

But, back to topic, best wishes on your journey! Feeling better is AWESOME! (For me, feeling better came by limiting my calories to the point that I had to work out to get my snacks in between meals. I wanted that extra 100 or 200 calories! Working out made me feel SO much better! So did spacing my meals and working on even calories about every meal. No more constant migraines, no backaches, less stress, less guilt, no sugar rush headaches and crashes. Aaaaah. SO much better!) I wish the same for everyone!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I sat here and ate three hot dogs with sriracha while reading and responding, hah!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

"wholeheartedly believe in health at EVERY SIZE"

I just... I don't know... REALLY????
    Really.

So, 5'4" 500 lbs... can be healthy?

So, 5'4" 65 lbs... can be healthy?

Is it my fault you can't google? Health at any/every size is focusing on other indicators of health aside from weight. It just means people are committed to loving themselves and changing to improve their HEALTH, not weight. It's a system of motivating yourself from a source of pride, not shame.

Well next time you make outrageous statements, make sure you point out that you're referencing a 'movement'. It would save a lot of confusion.

And I'm out.

Me
    > brick wall = foolish use of my time
  • Maggiedoll84
    Maggiedoll84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.
    I haven't read this whole thread so maybe this is a silly question, but to you like being "fat" or do you just make a point of accepting yourself as you are, positive self-image and all that?

I think that "I want to feel healthier" is probably a pretty common motivation for adopting healthier habits, although it's not one that's talked about socially as much as wanting to look better.

There are plenty of people who are "fat" and healthy/athletic, although other people who identify themselves as "fat" seem to dispute the idea that those people actually qualify as "fat."

For awhile before joining MFP, I was distinctly *ignoring* my body; besides unhealthy eating habits, this was particularly problematic for me as a home seamstress, because knowing my body is rather important. I do have weight loss goals, but my primary motivation for being here is to reconnect with my body, not to feel like it's some separate entity that's not connected to me. I'm also finding that I'm enjoying exertion a lot more than I did before. I was doing some exercise all along because my dog won't let me get away with not walking, but that's not too physically demanding. This year I'm getting an enjoyment out of more strenuous work in the garden that I hadn't gotten before.

It depends on how you're naturally built, too.
    If you lost weight while getting healthier, would you feel like you had lost some important part of yourself?
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I hope that everyone can recognize the fact that this may the beginning of something none of us can predict. I think a start is a start. If someone wants to make lifestyle changes for the better, all sorts of wonderful things can and will follow. Judge not folks.

I agree with this. NO judgement from me. Feel free to add me =] I will however just say that, even though your blood sugars and all are great now doesn't mean they will be in 6 months or a year. I had the same line of thinking because my numbers were always perfect until right before I started my journey on here 7 1/2 weeks ago. I'm NOT saying this will happen to you, by any means but, I do feel it's common. One day you're "healthy" as far as numbers go and the next....not so much....I do wish you the best of luck with your journey! :smile:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I went to the gym in the middle of the arguing and ran 3.75 miles. Then I came back.

I was surprised that the thread wasn't locked by the time I came back.

I did 40 minutes on the elliptical before I even responded. I wish internet bickering burned calories.
  • jaxstraww
    jaxstraww Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Its not about being comfortable being fat...Its more about trying to stay alive and not die from diabetes or heart disease. You can feel good about yourself but saying your comfortable being obese and fine with it is frankly a fall back on being lazy.

Trolling or not this site is about motivation and losing or maintaining your fitness goals. Dropping by with "I'm fat and proud" is not something any of us care about. Find a site about being fat, exchange some recipes and sit back and wait to die prematurely. That is the site you're looking for.

I like how you assume this lady is a troll and lazy without really paying attention to a word she wrote. For you to assume that you know her better is frankly the height of hubris, and is downright stupid, not to mention insulting. So pat yourself on the back for this post and remember to log how many calories you burned preaching and trying to make yourself look good (which you failed at miserably).

To the OP, welcome to the site and good luck to you!

The title of her post is " A fat girl that likes being fat" So from that I was supposed to see some other deeper meaning? Get out of here with your page 15 commentary. "Trying to look good" Its the internet and my reply to her was the 1st post I made here and I only did so because it was a horse**** post IMO.

I assume she is a troll and lazy......lulz.....half the posters here now see it as a look at me post so the troll deal I hit on the head. As far as the lazy part? She is 200 pounds overweight. That doesn't scream track star mate.