A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

Let me make sure I understand you. WHEN you look in the mirror, you are 100% happy with what you see? Because I don't know too many people like that. IF you have found that Kool-Aid please market it and sell it. I will buy a *kitten*-ton.

OR

Is it that you have resolved to love yourself no matter what you look like? Now or in the future. And you have resolved to take steps to make yourself feel better physically? Because if this is the case it's kind of how I feel but I must admit although I had been loving myself and treating myself well while overweight, I certainly look forward to the kind of figure I know I can have through this effort and determination which I absolutely AM aiming to look better as well as feel better. I don't take that to mean I don't love myself or accept myself though. Only the body I'm currently inhabiting is sub par as to my needs. I'm working to rectify that. Just as I just took myself in to get a trim because my hair was getting a little out of control. My hair is not me. I love my hair, but it still needs trimming. Same with my figure.

IBTL

In...

...because well said.

ETA: And yeah, IBTL.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    tumblr_mho2yynvVh1r9wdo0o1_400.gif
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am morbidly obese and I FRIGGEN HATE IT!! I won't even get in the saddle, because I will not subject my poor horse to carry 3 of me around, I am sorry being obese in any form is unacceptable, it shows the lack of love for your body and self truly. I don't care what a person says. But I will not be keeping my fat self, I can't enjoy much of anything with my family as everything has a weight limit now a days and they are all healthy weights and I am not. So really this post just peeves me that someone would sit here and say "OH BEING FAT IS AWESOME AND I AM SO HEALTHY...." I was healthy 2 years ago too and only gained 5 more lbs from that time and now I am Anemic, Vitamin D Deficiency and was severely depressed. Now that I lost my 28lbs and am working on not eating junk foods as much, limiting some dairy ( my body turned lactose tolerant because of this extra weight ) and bread and pasta crap and becoming healthy, I was able to drop the depression, lactose is going down some and I can actually walk up stairs and walk 10 miles without feeling like I am going to die every step... I am glad you love your body OP don't get me wrong, but I won't be a fat supporter in this stuff about you can be obese and be healthy...so untrue. This is my opinion and comment, no one needs to accept it or use it for themselves in any ways...I just shake my head and give a huge NO to this thread and anything in it lol.

Like saying McDonald's is healthy food xD....thats just NO....*shakes head and sits in corner*
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Anyway I reported the topic about 2 hours ago.... strange how the ****s still here.

That's because she's eating more than 1200. A LOT more..

:laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Because you're 100 pounds doesn't mean that you're better than other people. Actually, you look a bit sick and deprived of food, you should eat and keep your mouth full if you don't have anything nice to say!

I'm confused. How do you know how much she weighs?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

Let me make sure I understand you. WHEN you look in the mirror, you are 100% happy with what you see? Because I don't know too many people like that. IF you have found that Kool-Aid please market it and sell it. I will buy a *kitten*-ton.

OR

Is it that you have resolved to love yourself no matter what you look like? Now or in the future. And you have resolved to take steps to make yourself feel better physically? Because if this is the case it's kind of how I feel but I must admit although I had been loving myself and treating myself well while overweight, I certainly look forward to the kind of figure I know I can have through this effort and determination which I absolutely AM aiming to look better as well as feel better. I don't take that to mean I don't love myself or accept myself though. Only the body I'm currently inhabiting is sub par as to my needs. I'm working to rectify that. Just as I just took myself in to get a trim because my hair was getting a little out of control. My hair is not me. I love my hair, but it still needs trimming. Same with my figure.

IBTL

This is good!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    OMG I love pinkie pie, SHE'S ADD like me!!

PinkiePiedance_zpsbb08f858.gif

ALL the pinkie pie GIFs.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    RAWR!!!
  • GeekAmour
    Options
    OMG I love pinkie pie, SHE'S ADD like me!!

ALL the pinkie pie GIFs.

ALL the PP MLP GIFs on MFP FTW.

tumblr_ly0ucs1wFq1qmbs7jo1_500.gif
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't this been locked yet? ...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's not actually Mother's day, but Moder's day and the Mod's are busy celebrating :drinker:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have a strange feeling the OP will die faster than the topic....just sayin

OMG! Score 1!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    This thread rolled.

This amuses me.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    This thread rolled.

This amuses me.

Not the only thing that rolled in this topic.
  • GeekAmour
    Options
    This thread rolled.

This amuses me.

Not the only thing that rolled in this topic.

tumblr_lvys461WV91r2lwwbo1_400.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Oh, for Pete's sake, a lady that enjoys being fat? Then let her be fat.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I've read through a few pages and I'm of two minds on this...

1) The OP is basically saying "I love myself and my body no matter what size I am, so *being skinny* is not my main goal, but I would like to be *healthier*". I really see no way in which this is an issue :huh:

OTOH....

2) OP, is it really that you honestly truly love your body or is it that you've invested so much time and energy into the fat acceptance movement, that you feel like losing weight would be like turning your back on that? You said that your body is a political statement, but it wouldn't be so as much if you were fit and trim. Just some food for thought there.

Also,

mlfw2459-100281_-_caption_gif_moving_pinkie_pie_rainbow_dash_rarity.gif