A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how sarahz1442 knows OP is 200 pounds overweight.

Here's a pointless, yet humorous gif:
    wesleyaha_zpsd483e58d.gif

I estimated it based on her picture. I don't know for sure that's the exact number.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    All right folks, nothing more to see here. Let's let this post die an honorable death.

Totally agreed. While we're bxtching at her for not working out...

Gee, I didn't see anyone bxtching about that. Didn't read the OP say she doesn't work out anyway. Far as I know she said she plans to move more.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I sort of wish this site had a thingy where you could vote up answers you liked best and vote down answers you liked the worst so that all the good stuff would be at the top.

Don't be silly! This kind of advanced internet forum technology won't be widely available until at least 1998.

Patience.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would like to see some peer reviewed studies that show overweight people are more unhealthy.
    Oh my god... woman,just stop pls.....You really are getting ridiculous...
    But meanwhile you can read through this...
    http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/health_risks.htm

Oh no don't stop I am having a good time just hitting refresh and seeing the next great comment LOL

Me quit? Not until it rolls over.

Look people, I wholeheartedly believe in health at every size -- some of you I will genuinely converse with, others... well, I am having some funsies with you.

In my unprofessional opinion, your behavior on this thread is borderline trolling.

I think she is drunk.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am in a similar boat to you. I definitely want to get healthier but I have no plans of ever being "skinny." I hope you can find motivation! :) Good Luck!

Doesn't seem to me you're in a "similar boat" to the OP ~ your ticker reads your goal is to lose 175 lbs, OP expressed she's not really interested in specifically losing weight.

I'm not convinced many here have plans to be "skinny" either, so I'd say likely a good many of us are actually in a "similar boat" to you :).

Her ticker says 180 to lose, seems like they are in the same boat.

The OP's sticker says that? I scrolled back and didn't see that, but see she did state in her first post "My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks". Maybe I missed something?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I would like to see some peer reviewed studies that show overweight people are more unhealthy.
    Oh my god... woman,just stop pls.....You really are getting ridiculous...
    But meanwhile you can read through this...
    http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/health_risks.htm

Oh no don't stop I am having a good time just hitting refresh and seeing the next great comment LOL

Me quit? Not until it rolls over.

Look people, I wholeheartedly believe in health at every size -- some of you I will genuinely converse with, others... well, I am having some funsies with you.

In my unprofessional opinion, your behavior on this thread is borderline trolling.

I think she is drunk.

Not drinking.

And borderline trolling I suppose is acceptable criticism. I do believe everything I wrote but I could have walked away long ago. I am shocked it is still up over some of the nasty things that were written. Honestly, I am somebody who is passionate about other people having positive self images because loving yourself is a much better motivator than hating yourself or shame.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Scanning through a few of the comments here, it's obvious that this site has a large number of people that think numbers are more important than a healthy lifestyle. I would love to have someone as positive as you as a mfp friend.

how could someone who is over 200 pounds overweight have a healthy lifestyle????

So, are you sitting there with a list of "typical things people say when discriminating against obese people?" when you respond? It's sad and hilarious.

what? I don't discrminate against obese people. It's sad and hilarious that I'm pointing out the obvoious that being over 200 pounds overweight is not healthy? not following why that's sad and hilarious.

You don't discriminate against obese people yet you assume they all have an unhealthy lifestyle. Glad we cleared that right up!

Oh come on! Let's be realistic here, shall we?! Someone doesn't become 200lbs overweight by eating 10000 calories of green leafy veggies! Overeating junk food everyday is indeed an unhealthy lifestyle.
  • 25nholding
    25nholding Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok, lets get off this person's case for a bit. One step might generate a change that even she did not anticipate. If she is happy with her body, then we should allow her to be. We should not judge as many of us are facing our own demons and facing the battle everyday. Lets be positive with whatever she would like from this site. Today's society is so judgmental I think we should follow her lead and be positive about the changes we are all capable of!!!
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/04/30/obesity-now-costs-americans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking

This article is talking about how 190 billion dollars are spent annually in the United States (tax payers dollars) to deal with morbid obesity. I am not sure where you are from, I don't really care, but morbid obesity is an issue in a lot of other countries as well.

Anyone supporting her decision to be morbidly obese is truly an idiot. She claims she wants to be "healthy & feel better" but, unfortunately she isn't going to be healthy or feel better until she loses all the weight she needs to. Her health is going to progressively get worse and she is going to have to deal with the consequences of it.

Some of these consequences could be diabetes, congestive heart failure, asthma, infertility, etc....

You are covering up the emotional & physical pain that being severely overweight has caused you by convincing yourself that you "like" the way you look and that you are "comfortable" in your own skin. You are delirious & setting a bad example for everyone else.

You are limiting yourself.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/04/30/obesity-now-costs-americans-more-in-healthcare-costs-than-smoking

This article is talking about how 190 billion dollars are spent annually in the United States (tax payers dollars) to deal with morbid obesity. I am not sure where you are from, I don't really care, but morbid obesity is an issue in a lot of other countries as well.

Anyone supporting her decision to be morbidly obese is truly an idiot. She claims she wants to be "healthy & feel better" but, unfortunately she isn't going to be healthy or feel better until she loses all the weight she needs to. Her health is going to progressively get worse and she is going to have to deal with the consequences of it.

Some of these consequences could be diabetes, congestive heart failure, asthma, infertility, etc....

You are covering up the emotional & physical pain that being severely overweight has caused you by convincing yourself that you "like" the way you look and that you are "comfortable" in your own skin. You are delirious & setting a bad example for everyone else.

You are limiting yourself.

*applauds*
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Scanning through a few of the comments here, it's obvious that this site has a large number of people that think numbers are more important than a healthy lifestyle. I would love to have someone as positive as you as a mfp friend.

how could someone who is over 200 pounds overweight have a healthy lifestyle????

So, are you sitting there with a list of "typical things people say when discriminating against obese people?" when you respond? It's sad and hilarious.

what? I don't discrminate against obese people. It's sad and hilarious that I'm pointing out the obvoious that being over 200 pounds overweight is not healthy? not following why that's sad and hilarious.

You don't discriminate against obese people yet you assume they all have an unhealthy lifestyle. Glad we cleared that right up!

The o.p. did not claim to have a healthy lifestyle, did she? On average, a person who is 200 pounds overweight is less likely to have a healthy lifestyle than a thin person. You disagree with this? If what I'm saying is false, then there wouldn't be so many diseases linked to obesity.

I don't make assumptions about other people's lifestyles based in their weight. I know plenty of unhealthy people who are thin.

sure there are unhealthy people who are thin, but if someone is overweight it is more likely for them to be unhealthy than the thin person. This is just a fact.

Ok now, you're just being delusional!
  • jshinoff
    jshinoff Posts: 25 Member
    Options

The o.p. did not claim to have a healthy lifestyle, did she? On average, a person who is 200 pounds overweight is less likely to have a healthy lifestyle than a thin person. You disagree with this? If what I'm saying is false, then there wouldn't be so many diseases linked to obesity.

I don't make assumptions about other people's lifestyles based in their weight. I know plenty of unhealthy people who are thin.

sure there are unhealthy people who are thin, but if someone is overweight it is more likely for them to be unhealthy than the thin person. This is just a fact.

Stop, she is just trolling.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am not here to tell you what to do with your body, but I will speak to my own experience.

Is dieting a feminist action? Not always. The diet/fashion/etc ethos can be degrading and damaging to women. Bodily pressures are profound, and I think you're right to work against that.

Is working for a healthy body a feminist action? YES. 'Our Bodies, Ourselves' is a foundational feminist text for a reason. You say your body is a political statement (whose isn't?), I say my body is a political tool, a vehicle for my political self. If I'm going to tear down the patriarchy, I'll need strength, stamina, and an unshakeable confidence in my own abilities.

The fact is, that for me a 300 pound body could not affect change. I was too tired, my head hurt, I had a stomach ache. I needed a nap. I'm only 35 pounds down, but it's only taken 35 pounds to feel amazing, and be amazed by what my body is capable of doing, that it can walk run lift play.

Fat or not, **** the patriarchy, be strong and healthy.

I have read enough to decide to walk away, but I love your response. For those who are interested, there is a "Healthy Feminists" group on here. I don't want to say much more here as I am as imperfect as we all are, and struggle with the same shame that our society seems so thrilled to throw at us about weight and size. However, to hang out in a group of like-minded folks makes it easier for me to struggle without shame. Good luck all!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....

So you say your goal isn't weight loss "or" changing the way you look...yet you want to feel better? There is a reason you don't "feel" well right now....and I'm sorry but there isn't much you can do that will "make you feel better" while not incurring "weight loss" or "changing the way you look".

If you start eating healthy, odds are you won't consume as much as you'll be full more, thus you will lose weight....
    If you start exercising, it will most likely have some effect on how you look.....

My suggestion to you is simple....quit lying to yourself. You know where your individual train is headed, regardless if it makes you feel better to try to type otherwise.

If you want to feel better, I suggest using the MFP counter, ensuring you have a balanced macro intake like 40/30/30, and start walking each day. 10 minutes to start if it's all you can do, and try to up it as much as you can each time you take a walk.

Even if you do this however, you'll probably have side effects that include "weight loss" or "changing the way you look"...nothing anyone can do about that.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Stop, she is just trolling.

Stop saying that. I am not trolling -- everything I wrote is my personal beliefs. I simply let some of the back and forth go on too long. And overweight and obese are different in terms of health risks -- the person who I asked for studies from clarified she mean obese and we moved right along.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It was my thinking at the start too OP...I was happy to some extent with who I was but uncomfortable and knew that it had to change. So rather than focus on weightloss as per se...which may set myself up for failure I decided to become healthier and knew though that weightloss would be a wonderful bonus. If I focused on the more positive aspect of healthy eating and moving more...I wasn't chained to diet foods or a scale or exercise that I just did for the sake of doing it. It worked. I wish you all the best and am so sorry your meaning has been lost on here.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Kept my lengthy comments to a private message but I'm jumping in to say, I am fat and I love my body too.

Those that assume that we're really unhealthy because of weight alone are closed minded. I have absolutely no precursors, warning signs, or medical problems other than a vitamin D deficiency from working in an office too long and the fact that my weight number is 2x what it's "supposed" to be.

There is 100% no shame in the Health at Every Size movement, people. A person CAN be medically healthy and obese at the same time. Sure, the doctor is going to encourage one to lose weight because eventually, you could see problems. However, being very heavy is no guarantee for diabetes and heart problems.

How many "healthy" people are on here that still smoke? Still log alcohol in their diet diary? Who allow themselves to binge eat on holidays? TONS. "Healthy" people on here blasting themselves for hours in the gym because they are scared of a tip up on the scale, verging on bulimic behavior in order to stay away from undefined abs... My god, some of you people are so miserable!

Why are you so scared to accept a woman that loves her body and herself no matter what? What the point is, is to find like-minded people who understand that this is not just about losing weight and being thin, but to love yourself, feel a bit better, and have friends that support you no matter what.

Frankly, this whole thread is full of abhorrent examples of people whose mental state regarding healthy lifestyles is completely skewed and judgmental, and for me, that makes me sad.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    All right folks, nothing more to see here. Let's let this post die an honorable death.

Totally agreed. While we're bxtching at her for not working out, we're all sitting in front of our computers (probably with snacks) talking about how fat other people are.
    Ugh, I'm getting on my stationary bike & watching Harry Potter weekend. Goodnight <3 xoxoxo

Speak for yourself. it's only midday here & I already did a 6mile workout, housework, and about to go for a walk to the shops.... another 6km trip.

I've had a 0% chobani strawberry yoghurt & a coffee. Walking to the shops to grab lunch for the family. I been on here in between things.... just because you may be the one doing that (and snacking) does not mean everyone else is. ASSUME nothing
  • Rado_SVK
    Rado_SVK Posts: 442 Member
    Options

That gif is actually not pointless..its a video clip from AHA - Take on me :drinker:
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

That gif is actually not pointless..its a video clip from AHA - Take on me :drinker:

that's a good song and video.