A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If YOU are happy with your weight, then that is fine. However, just know that if you make certain changes in diet or activity you may lose the body shape you prefer. I think that when you make good changes to your lifestyle and you do feel a good difference in your health, that is truly the greatest reward. It is possible to be Fit and fat. I don't know if you have regular physicals or not, but I am sure your doctor will let you know if your blood sugar looks like it's going into a bad area, or your blood pressure, or cholesterol. I hope you acheieve what ever it is you set out to do here. May the force be with you.

Thanks doll! The great thing about being so heavily into body acceptance is that no matter what my body looks like, I will ALWAYS adore it, because my body is a part of me and it deserves my love no matter what. I work in health, so I already know I have excellent blood sugar and blood pressure (which surprises many people, but what can you do?) I just want to work on my strength and my stamina and improve my energy level. Especially now that summer's coming! :)

Thanks for the support, and for the Star Wars nod :)

that's great that your levels are all healthy. for now. you look younger in your picture so i imagine some time down the road, that may not be the case anymore.
    and i hope you don't plan on wearing a bikini this summer
    good luck though with whatever your goals are
    WOW.. how childish and offensive to make a comment about who deserves to wear a bikini. Personally, no, I don't wish to wear one so your delicate eyes are safe from my offensive jiggly midriff .. but the OP has just as much right as everyone else to be comfortable in her own skin and dress how she wants.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm not even getting into this, this is mental :grumble:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing your goals. I like seeing you so happy.

I am also very supportive of people going for whatever goals make them happy and appreciating and loving the body that they have because there is so much to appreciate.

I've actually never been on here to lose weight. I've always been small, slim and trim. That's easy and natural for me. I also love and appreciate my body. Fitness is self care for me and adds to my enjoyment of my body. So, while I am on the other end of the spectrum from you, I can relate and appreciate the sentiment that you have towards your body.

I enjoy meeting new people and hearing new experiences and perspectives, so thanks for brightening up my day with your post.

You're going to get a lot of different responses. I'm interested in reading those as well. This is all rather interesting to me, very much beyond my own experience. I think people should be honest.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

comments deleted. my attempt at being helpful is irrelevant. OP is on this site solely to be a provocateur.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I think we can both just sit in the corner & watch then? :flowerforyou: It is kinda a :noway: shake your head moment isn't it?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    If YOU are happy with your weight, then that is fine. However, just know that if you make certain changes in diet or activity you may lose the body shape you prefer. I think that when you make good changes to your lifestyle and you do feel a good difference in your health, that is truly the greatest reward. It is possible to be Fit and fat. I don't know if you have regular physicals or not, but I am sure your doctor will let you know if your blood sugar looks like it's going into a bad area, or your blood pressure, or cholesterol. I hope you acheieve what ever it is you set out to do here. May the force be with you.

Thanks doll! The great thing about being so heavily into body acceptance is that no matter what my body looks like, I will ALWAYS adore it, because my body is a part of me and it deserves my love no matter what. I work in health, so I already know I have excellent blood sugar and blood pressure (which surprises many people, but what can you do?) I just want to work on my strength and my stamina and improve my energy level. Especially now that summer's coming! :)

Thanks for the support, and for the Star Wars nod :)

that's great that your levels are all healthy. for now. you look younger in your picture so i imagine some time down the road, that may not be the case anymore.

Interestingly no matter what you wear, you'll never cover up your ugly personality.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    WOW.. how childish and offensive to make a comment about who deserves to wear a bikini. Personally, no, I don't wish to wear one so your delicate eyes are safe from my offensive jiggly midriff .. but the OP has just as much right as everyone else to be comfortable in her own skin and dress how she wants.

^ Yes! Every time I worry about wearing a bikini or a short dress, I remember I'm not put on this earth for anyone else's approval. :flowerforyou:
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My goal is weight loss to feel healthier too. Just focus on treating your body right and it will treat you right. You can be beautiful at any size.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Losing weight does not always have to be about vanity. You may feel great while you're young, but when you get older (and I've watched this happen to people in their 30s) and you can't even walk a city block's length, you will wish you weren't fat.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    but we will judge you for wanting to stay that way. if that's truly your goal, maybe this isn't the right site for you???
    No, not all of us will. Speak for yourself.
    Also, this website can be a great tool to track nutirtion and fitness goals, regardless of a person's intent to lose/gain/or maintain their weight.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    OP, feel free to add me as a friend, body positivity is a big thing for me! I do eventually want to be super fit but I understand that's not everyone's goal and that's fine. I think it's great that you're working to improve your health, whether or not you stay fat. I have "fat" friends who can trump me in running or sports, so I don't think body size always relates to health or fitness level! If your doctor says everything is looking good and you are feeling well, that's great. Props to you for loving yourself, that's something a lot of people (myself included) struggle with!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    but we will judge you for wanting to stay that way. if that's truly your goal, maybe this isn't the right site for you???
    No, not all of us will. Speak for yourself.
    Also, this website can be a great tool to track nutirtion and fitness goals, regardless of a person's intent to lose/gain/or maintain their weight.

i retract any useful information i was trying to give her. i don't care anymore. the OP has proclaimed on one of her posts that she is here to promote her fat acceptance blog and that being fat is a political statement that she is making.

i no longer care what she does or doesn't do. she's a provocateur.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I respect and honor you for seeking health rather than vanity! It's very encouraging to see women/people of different shapes and sizes loving who they are and not trying to fit into a pinhole size that may or may not be right for them. That being said, of course, always air on the side of health. I'd rather see someone that was 200 lbs that was healthy than someone that was 120 and anorexic or doing unhealthy things to maintain that weight. Of course, consume healthy foods, try to be active daily, and engage in some sort of vigorous workout at least 3 times a week. More importantly, love yourself at every stage of life and NEVER let bullies push or pull you in a direction to which you don't want to go.

Unfortunately for you, this site probably isn't going to give you the exact response you're looking for. Like another poster said, it's more for people who are looking to lose or maintain a socially acceptable and healthy weight. However, I've found a handful of people who are motivational and loving no matter what the goal is. I happen to be one of those people, so I'd be happy to motivate you on your journey of health and happiness.

That doesn't even make any sense. By definition, being overweight by 200lbs isn't healthy.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Just read ( go to the forums and search 1200 calories a day) some of the replies to people who eat 1200 calories a day, they get very similar answers to the ones you have been receiving.....for example, one day my lunch was 2 cups of hot tea, an apple and a banana...i wasn't asking for an opinion, just had posted my own lunch in my own diary and someone wrote to me about that......unsolicited.....i was told, 2 pieces of fruit are not " lunch".
    So here, you will find friends for support and other people who will give you advice , some of that advice will not be helpful to you and your goals.
    You are your own woman, make your own choices, good luck in obtaining what you want from life.

............................................................................????????????☺☺☺????????????.............................................................................
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options

I think we can both just sit in the corner & watch then? :flowerforyou: It is kinda a :noway: shake your head moment isn't it?

*Pulls a chair to your corner, pops open a bottle of beer* :huh: :drinker:
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Its not about being comfortable being fat...Its more about trying to stay alive and not die from diabetes or heart disease. You can feel good about yourself but saying your comfortable being obese and fine with it is frankly a fall back on being lazy.

Trolling or not this site is about motivation and losing or maintaining your fitness goals. Dropping by with "I'm fat and proud" is not something any of us care about. Find a site about being fat, exchange some recipes and sit back and wait to die prematurely. That is the site you're looking for.

I feel like you didn't actually even read my post. Weight loss and better fitness are actually not interchangeable terms, but that's not a can of worms I intend to open in this thread. But more importantly, frankly I'm offended that you think I'm trolling just because I'm happy being fat. As you said, this site is about motivation. And that's what I'm looking for. Motivation to help me feel better physically. If you don't intend to help with that, there probably wasn't a point in replying.

You said that one can be overweight, obese AND healthy?
    Don't you think feeling lousy is a direct result from being overweight, obese or fat?

Not necessarily. I'm far more fit and about 400X stronger than I was as a 110 pound 17 year old. If I weren't interested in weight loss, honestly I would eat at maintenance right now and just keep working out.

I think it's great that OP is so comfortable in her own skin, frankly I'm a bit envious. I don't know why it bothers anyone here. The name of the site is "My Fitness Pal" not "My Weight Loss Pal." She is saying she wants to be more fit and feel better, it's a little odd that this bothers anyone. There are plenty of people here who weigh what the OP does, hate themselves, and also don't succeed in losing any weight and I don't see a big attack mob after them.

OP: to answer your actual question, strength training is a great way to help your body feel better, keep your bones healthy, and support your joints. Definitely give some real strength training a try! A lot of people here recommend a book called New Rules of Lifting for Women. I started lifting about 10 years ago, and at that time I found this site really helpful:

http://www.stumptuous.com/

If you are looking for cardio that is easy on the joints for heavier people, I recommend starting with an elliptical trainer and/or a bike. There's a program called "Couch to 5 K" that you can also do on an elliptical if your joints aren't thrilled with the idea of running on a flat surface. Congrats on your new fitness journey!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I'm a bit of a misnomer on this site. I'm a fat girl, heavy into body positivity, who has no intentions of not being fat. What?! Crazy, I know!

Lately I've realized just how physically not-so-great I feel, so I'm trying to honor my body by using intuitive eating and moving more. My goal isn't weight loss or changing the way my body looks. My goal is simply feeling better. If the habits I form cause me to lose weight, so be it, but it's not my intention or my goal.

So just from those two paragraphs alone, you can see why I stick out like a sore thumb on a site like this, something that I'm totally aware of! But I still firmly believe that you do better at reaching your goals when you have support, so I figured I'd say hello and try to make some new friends! :) Nerds are a plus, but certainly not necessary!

Hmm if you wanna stay a larger lady that is okay with me. Just be healthy. Why not aim for a healthy weight that doesn't put you at risk for unnecessary diseases? You don't have to be super thin to be healthy!
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    Oooh, I was just called a provocateur! My weekend has been made! :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

You use your body as a political statement? America has an "obesity epidemic"? (note the use of "" implying it doesn't)

Good luck getting healthier. That's a good thing.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    *I haven't read everything so just ignore me if this has already been said*

If a girl weighing 120 at 5'5" came here saying she wanted to join this website to help herself become more physically active, be more aware of her food intake, make better choices, etc. everyone would welcome her for trying to improve her life.

Why can't we welcome this woman for trying to improve her life, too? Maybe it doesn't match our own standards or goals but we can't deny this is a GOOD thing she's trying to do.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. My goals are largely focused in being more active, and while I've never been overweight, I'm not going to be so quick to judge!