A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    but we will judge you for wanting to stay that way. if that's truly your goal, maybe this isn't the right site for you???
    No, not all of us will. Speak for yourself.
    Also, this website can be a great tool to track nutirtion and fitness goals, regardless of a person's intent to lose/gain/or maintain their weight.

i retract any useful information i was trying to give her. i don't care anymore. the OP has proclaimed on one of her posts that she is here to promote her fat acceptance blog and that being fat is a political statement that she is making.

i no longer care what she does or doesn't do. she's a provocateur.

Fodder for the blog. Beginning to sense that.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was not 200 pounds overweight, but when I was at my heaviest, I was diagnosed with T2 while I was in the hospital for an unknown ailment. They did a barrage of blood tests, MRI's and x-rays on me and in the end told me they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me except that I had a virus and it would have to run its course. The day I was discharged, the Dr. told me that, except for the diabetes and the obvious virus, I was one of the healthiest people she had ever seen....heart, lungs, liver, all in terrific shape. So, yes, you can be overweight and be relatively healthy. I still have the diabetes....controlled, but still have it. Of course, I probably have good genes, too.....my mom lived to be 92 and she was overweight until the last 10 years of her life.

We all have to be happy in our skin. I applaud you wanting to be as healthy as you can. Good luck! :)
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me OP. you have a friend in me too.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If YOU are happy with your weight, then that is fine. However, just know that if you make certain changes in diet or activity you may lose the body shape you prefer. I think that when you make good changes to your lifestyle and you do feel a good difference in your health, that is truly the greatest reward. It is possible to be Fit and fat. I don't know if you have regular physicals or not, but I am sure your doctor will let you know if your blood sugar looks like it's going into a bad area, or your blood pressure, or cholesterol. I hope you acheieve what ever it is you set out to do here. May the force be with you.

Thanks doll! The great thing about being so heavily into body acceptance is that no matter what my body looks like, I will ALWAYS adore it, because my body is a part of me and it deserves my love no matter what. I work in health, so I already know I have excellent blood sugar and blood pressure (which surprises many people, but what can you do?) I just want to work on my strength and my stamina and improve my energy level. Especially now that summer's coming! :)

Thanks for the support, and for the Star Wars nod :)

that's great that your levels are all healthy. for now. you look younger in your picture so i imagine some time down the road, that may not be the case anymore.
    and i hope you don't plan on wearing a bikini this summer
    good luck though with whatever your goals are

What's that about not wearing a bikini?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309968_10151417782962043_1874367661_n.jpg

Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities :(

Sorry but on what planet do you think that is a positive body image? I was like you once, 18 months ago. In complete denial about my weight. I thought I looked so damn great. I really did. I even dressed like I was a skinny chick..... little did my brain tell me the truth. Till that photo was taken of myself.

I don't know how you can think that being big like that (yeah I was 210lbs 18 months ago) and still think you are as healthy or as fit as what I am now (I weigh in at 130lbs and run 6 miles + a day). There is just no way on earth you are fit, healthy or a positive body image.

You may think you have no problems, but what about fat on the inside? Around your organs. That will kill you no problems. Then there is the fact I'm betting you would take a lift instead of stairs, or even an escalator rather than stairs, perhaps even the ramp rather than that. I'm guessing you wont walk for more than 20 mins unless it's to shop? I'm guessing you don't eat right either..... I know I didnt.

Be fat, who cares it is your life you are going to end with it. But do not come on here & try to tell us..... the ones who are/have made a change in order to live longer happier lives..... that being fat is better & you are healthy & fit. We work damn hard to get fit, not fat. We work extra hard to be able to know we can do anything & wear anything WITH PRIDE and yet know we do in fact look good doing it.

. Just don't pretend like it's the best thing on earth...you could kill others just as much as those who have anorexia.
  • simplyciera
    simplyciera Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I respect and honor you for seeking health rather than vanity! It's very encouraging to see women/people of different shapes and sizes loving who they are and not trying to fit into a pinhole size that may or may not be right for them. That being said, of course, always air on the side of health. I'd rather see someone that was 200 lbs that was healthy than someone that was 120 and anorexic or doing unhealthy things to maintain that weight. Of course, consume healthy foods, try to be active daily, and engage in some sort of vigorous workout at least 3 times a week. More importantly, love yourself at every stage of life and NEVER let bullies push or pull you in a direction to which you don't want to go.

Unfortunately for you, this site probably isn't going to give you the exact response you're looking for. Like another poster said, it's more for people who are looking to lose or maintain a socially acceptable and healthy weight. However, I've found a handful of people who are motivational and loving no matter what the goal is. I happen to be one of those people, so I'd be happy to motivate you on your journey of health and happiness.

That doesn't even make any sense. By definition, being overweight by 200lbs isn't healthy.

By what definition? The BMI?

Top 10 Reasons Why The BMI is Bogus by Keith Devlin
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

People that are 200 lbs can and are healthy, because the operational definitions of health isn't a specific size or weight.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Deleted the image because I forgot about the profanity. But it's awesome! Link:
    http://i.imgur.com/182QGiC.jpg
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I think it's great that you love you just the way you are. And I also think it's great that you are now trying to do healthier things; even if your ultimate goal isn't to lose weight, but just to improve how you feel. Besides, how do any of us know that you may not decide later that now that you have more endurance and feel better (because if you change your lifestyle to feel better, you'll likely lose weight) you DO want to lose weight? Either way, it's none of our business. You want to make some healthier changes, and you want support to do so....ultimately that is what this site is for...being healthier and giving support. So good on you for taking that first step and hopefully we can help you. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. I can always use more friends!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

You CAN be overweight or even obese and be healthy, fit, and take care of your body.

i think you should offer up some facts to back up your bold statement there.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

that's great that your levels are all healthy. for now. you look younger in your picture so i imagine some time down the road, that may not be the case anymore.

What a nasty thing to say.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

Ew is what I have to say about you.

i think it's great that she is in good health right now and would hate for that to bite her in the behind later on. if she likes how she is with herself then more power to her, and i continue to wish her luck on her goals
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I was just called a provocateur! My weekend has been made! :)

:laugh: I like that you have a good sense of humor about this. You seem to realize that there are people that are going to make ugly comments and give unsolicited advice because you are different, and that is very, very bad! But it doesn't seem to bother you. I think most people could learn a lesson from you in how to love themselves and how to not take things too seriously.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Attention wanted, attention gained. OP mission accomplished. Well played.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey Ms. O & S,

I do not expect you to be a thin as I am... It is true that being thin does not automatically lead to happiness. However, how can you expect to really feel physically better if you do not lose some weight???

I had to learn the hard way that being extremely overweight can be dangerous... I almost died of cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure because 2 years ago, I weighed 393 lbs.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I was just called a provocateur! My weekend has been made! :)

great. why are you here?
    You've said you are amazingly happy with your weight and that the notion of obese=unhealthy is bull****... so... why are you here?
    To tell people striving to be healthy, fit and strong that they are what, wasting their time and should crack open the cookie jar?
    I'm all for curves but layers of fat stressing my joints and heart to the max? No.

Just no.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    BTW I used to be obese as well a few years ago. I was still beautiful, but I was unhealthy. My PCOS was worse than it is now, I was always hot and sweaty and had no energy. I walked around like a slug. Even getting to an overweight stage was better for me and now at a healthy weight I am able to enjoy life more. I want to be healthy for my baby and family
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Ok. Props to you first off on being confident enough to wear bikini because honestly, i don't have that confidence and probably never will.

Secondly, a lot of people will judge you on here. I have been overweight all my life, and hit my heaviest 2 years ago at 243. I am now down to the upper 160's and am still fighting to get to an "acceptable" number. I know I will never be 125 like the standards say I should, but I will happy to reach 142. And most people will say that is bad, but excepting for the asthma that I have that will turn into copd (it runs in my mom's side of the family, and was a secondary cause of my mom's death, other then the massive heart attack she suffered), everything has come back fine.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Actually, nvm. That "lovely" person I was quoting is definitely not worth my time.
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    She is not saying she doesn't want to ever lose weight, just that its not her main goal. She is saying she wants to eat better and feel better and if she loses weight, she will be okay with it. Is no one capable of reading comprehension?

She's saying she is okay with her body and okay with herself. Loving your body at any size =/= loving and wanting to be unhealthy like so many of you seem to think.
    You nailed it, I believe. That's what I extracted as well.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

What a nasty thing to say.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

Ew is what I have to say about you.

i think it's great that she is in good health right now and would hate for that to bite her in the behind later on. if she likes how she is with herself then more power to her, and i continue to wish her luck on her goals

Right, and to voice your support for her you had to make that nasty comment about wearing a bikini.

Very ugly,
  • Schninie
    Schninie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Its not about being comfortable being fat...Its more about trying to stay alive and not die from diabetes or heart disease. You can feel good about yourself but saying your comfortable being obese and fine with it is frankly a fall back on being lazy.

Trolling or not this site is about motivation and losing or maintaining your fitness goals. Dropping by with "I'm fat and proud" is not something any of us care about. Find a site about being fat, exchange some recipes and sit back and wait to die prematurely. That is the site you're looking for.

I feel like you didn't actually even read my post. Weight loss and better fitness are actually not interchangeable terms, but that's not a can of worms I intend to open in this thread. But more importantly, frankly I'm offended that you think I'm trolling just because I'm happy being fat. As you said, this site is about motivation. And that's what I'm looking for. Motivation to help me feel better physically. If you don't intend to help with that, there probably wasn't a point in replying.

Obesity and poor health are strongly correlated, there is little chance that you will be able to maintain your obese status and not have serious health problems down the road. This is not about psychology or you being ok with yourself, it is about health. Anyone who advises you that it is ok (from a health perspective) to be obese is wrong and you should seek other counsel.
    Mental health is an extremely important aspect of someone's overall health. And honestly, I'd take diabetes and self-esteem over perfect blood-work and self-loathing.

That last sentence,all of that could change when you get older.I didn't have high blood pressure until I was 38 and I was only 40 pounds overweight.In the long run,you CANNOT be obese and healthy.

That last sentence just proves she has no idea what she's taking about.. Don't understand how MFP allows people to post utter nonsense! Diabetis is really not nice, I suggest you go learn about it before writing about it loosely..!!

The OP IS fat and proud, that is evident... If she wants to incur all these health issues while she's nice and happy in her bubble then so be it, Mfp'ers can only try and advise you to ditch the fat so you stay healthy for longer... I really hope you turn it round.. Good Luck!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If your comfortable in your own skin, then why change???