A fat girl who likes being fat?1?!?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    If shame and self loathing where effective motivators for living a healthy lifestyle, far more people would be healthy, in a mental and physical sense.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Well don't worry, I'm an expert at tunnel vision when it comes to the internet. People feel more able to say things they would never say in person, and it's something I'm used to. I run a fat acceptance blog and use my body as a political statement, so I'm 100% accustomed to negative feedback.

You said there's only a handful of people who might be into what I'm looking for, and that's just fine with me! I only need a handful. In my experience, anything that the majority tends to think is something I like to run in the opposite direction from. I knew when I posted what I did, on a site like this, that most people would take issue with it. I'm looking for the few who don't! And look at that, you won the prize :) Thanks for the kind reply!
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Are you a BBW?
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's great to want to get fit and I wish you success in your journey.

My main motivation is getting fit and being healthier too, although I would like to drop some weight, I know I will never be a size 2 - I'm just looking forward to being a size 12 again - that's perfect for my body type. We're all built differently and we're not all going to look the same when we reach our goal.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    If shame and self loathing where effective motivators for living a healthy lifestyle, far more people would be healthy, in a mental and physical sense.

:smile: I agree.
  • Michelle2W
    Options
    I think you all were just a part of an experiment, of social response and acceptance of obese people you don't want to lose weight....I'm just saying!!!!! Set up!!!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You have my full support! You have such a great attitude and an amazing amount of self esteem! Like you said, you want to feel better and with the changes you'll be making, you'll probably lose some weight even if that isn't you're ultimate goal. I think even with all the negativity you've come up against, you will still find a great amount of wonderful supporters on MFP that won't try to make you feel bad about yourself just because your goals aren't their goals. Stay strong sister!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Michelle2W
    Options
    :-)
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy-im all for it. if you get health problems, but are happy-so be it. if you gain 100lbs and have no health issues-even better!

welcome and enjoy the psychopaths :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think you all were just a part of an experiment, of social response and acceptance of obese people you don't want to lose weight....I'm just saying!!!!! Set up!!!

Maybe. It doesn't bother me, though.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

Pretty sure that's correct.I said that earlier.Fodder for the blog.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Me neither, helpful in keeping my friend's list neat and tidy.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Phews! That was quite a lot to read through these past 10 mins. Any case, feel free to add me. I appreciate positivity in others & am very open-minded about others' views. :D
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did not read the last seven pages (I get reminded on a daily basis on this forum how much I hate people in general, especially other women). I did read the OP's first post.

I am also a fat girl who was fine being fat. "Big, Blond, and Beautiful' and 'Fat Bottom Girls' were my theme song. I had more self-confidence in my fat little finger than most people have period. I got hit on every time I went to the grocery store when I weight 320lbs. I have never been afraid to throw my weight around. It is who I have been for most of my life.

Simply put, being obese was the least of my problems. Until a few months ago.

My knees hurt constantly. I have extremely high blood pressure. I had palpitations. Being fat was killing me. I didn't want to believe it, but in the end it's true. I am losing weight now because I have to. For my health. Not because I hated being fat.

As I read in the OP's first post, she realizes that being fat is unhealthy. Hopefully, she has come to this conclusion before she got as bad as I am. I was wrong, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I should have cared more, but for the right reasons.

I'm losing weight because I have to for my health. I still like me and will always like me even if I'm not a big girl. OP please ignore the haters and add me if you like.
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when the hell did this turn into a brawl?
    You people seem to think that just because she said she's happy being overweight, that she doesn't care about her health.
    Wrong.
    She said that she's here to try and change her eating habits so she feels better. Isn't that what this is all about?
    Isn't MFP supposed to be full of supporters who are there to root you on and tell you how good your doing with your diet and how far you're coming. Not how you currently are.
    It's seriously ignorant to think that just because she loves herself how she is now, that she doesn't care about her health. That's why she's here, that's why we're all here.
    So all you NAY SAYERS, go suck a big one :P
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There are four things that I feel are important: Feeling good about yourself, physically feeling good, being healthy, and being on a path that will help you continue to be healthy. If a person meets all of those requirements, it doesn't really matter what they look like.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hi OP. You may add me if you like. :)
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Op - you never actually had to 'stick out like a sore thumb' you put yourself out there and did that.

You could have just posted about wanting support for a more healthy lifestyle, after all that is the crux of your joining here right?
    In fact your whole body love thing is irrelevant, you are here for the same reason as each and every one of us - to feel better.

You made yourself a target, why do that? When it was entirely unnecessary?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    (I get reminded on a daily basis on this forum how much I hate people in general, especially other women).
    I hate reading things like that, it's sad really.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Doesn't bother me either. I like social experiments.