Husband ordering pizza

Options
It never fails, the minute I start to get back on track, my husband orders pizza. Now, I feel like depriving yourself of EVERYTHING is a bad way to go, but pizza is just really bad.... With the activity that I've done today, according to mfp, I'm left with some 1,500 calories remaining (crazy, because I only started with 1,400 this morning, and I've already had breakfast, lunch and a snack!) but I feel like that's a little crazy. Should I allow myself a piece of pizza (or two? lol) this evening when my husband orders? Or should I try to will my way out of it, and go hide while the pizza is out? It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why not have one piece then have a salad and low fat dressing with it? That way you get a treat without feeling guilty.
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I say have a piece of pizza or two if you can stay within in your caloric intake for the day. We have to treat ourselves once in a while or we'll go stir crazy. That's not to say have pizza Every time he orders it, but once in a while, sure, go for it. Or, when he orders pizza, perhaps make yourself a homemade and healthier version of pizza.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 calories remaining??? if so eat the pizza is my opinion
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You need to be able to maneuver around all kinds of food and it sounds like you have a good number of calories left. Maybe include a large salad and some pizza, whatever fits.

When we get pizza, I'm lucky that my husband likes thin crust. We order 1/2 with whatever he likes and I get half with veggies...my favorite. I eat 2 pieces and the other 2 are lunch or dinner another day. Works for us!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Why not have one piece then have a salad and low fat dressing with it? That way you get a treat without feeling guilty.

It's a lot easier to stay on track when that track includes your favorite things!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Maybe have a small bit then....I think it's okay if it's in moderation :)
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    Its really up to you.

If you want to loose weight practice the shake your head diet.

When someone offers you food like pizza shake your head to the left then the right several times.

Boils down to will power, do you want to lose or do you want to eat pizza? Your choice. The more you choice losing the easier it gets.

Also don't eat back calories.. I can't see how you'd lose eating back 1500 cals.
  • justmeg86
    justmeg86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's a dumb question..EAT IT!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 cals remaining. Why wouldn't you eat the pizza?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza "really bad"? :huh:

I have pizza in the oven at this very moment.

If it fits your calories, eat some pizza, and don't feel guilty about it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza "really bad"? Cheese has calcium and protein. Veggies have fiber. Pizza sauce has that lycopene stuff. If you get it without meat it'll be a little lower calories.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    With 1500 calories left, why can't you eat it?
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You have to treat yourself every now and then but Pizza is a big no no! Especially takeaway!

All up to you really how you play this one!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want! If it's really that much of a problem for you to not eat it, have some, it seems like it'd fit in to your calorie goal. Set a limit for yourself and stick to it. Make a salad to fill yourself up the rest of the way.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    For the love of God, just eat the pizza and don't obsess over it.
  • christywolfe
    Options
    Don't deny yourself things that you really want and crave or else you'll just end up binging on it later. If you have that many calories left, then by all means, go for it. Don't make yourself miserable with it though.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza "really bad"? Cheese has calcium and protein. Veggies have fiber. Pizza sauce has that lycopene stuff. If you get it without meat it'll be a little lower calories.

I like this one!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It never fails, the minute I start to get back on track, my husband orders pizza. Now, I feel like depriving yourself of EVERYTHING is a bad way to go, but pizza is just really bad.... With the activity that I've done today, according to mfp, I'm left with some 1,500 calories remaining (crazy, because I only started with 1,400 this morning, and I've already had breakfast, lunch and a snack!) but I feel like that's a little crazy. Should I allow myself a piece of pizza (or two? lol) this evening when my husband orders? Or should I try to will my way out of it, and go hide while the pizza is out? It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him. What do you guys think?

1500 calories remaining = 1500 calories of pizza :bigsmile:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    With 1500 calories left you can eat half a large Pizza Hut pizza. What's the problem?
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    With 1500 calories left you better believe I'd be having at LEAST 2 slices of pizza. Seriously chill out, it's just food. Eat some pizza, pair it with a salad and enjoy. You'll feel better. :flowerforyou: