Husband ordering pizza

Options

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    1500 calories? that's a small pizza right there. some things don't require that much thought. if eating pizza is ever an option on the table, do not avoid it. a decision to turn down pizza will haunt you forever.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza at least once a week, I'd wager.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you have the pizza, will it make it more likely that you'll stick to your goals in the future (because you haven't deprived yourself) or less likely (because you can't limit yourself to just one or two slices or because "giving in" now might make it harder to resist cravings in the future when you don't have the calories budgeted for it)? If it's the former, then go for the pizza. If it's the latter, then use this as an opportunity to practice saying "no" and keep in mind that you can have pizza again sometime, but wait until you've built up more self control.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Also don't eat back calories.. I can't see how you'd lose eating back 1500 cals.

Cuz you obviously don't understand that MFP is a NEAT method calculator and also don't understand the definition of the word GOAL...it's right there next to your calorie number...why the frick would you think MFP would give you a GOAL that you weren't supposed to achieve? Some kind of sadistic trickery perhaps? C'mon...use some common sense and also do a little research on how this tool is used. You're probably the type that thinks a hammer is an all purpose tool 'cuz you have no idea how to actually use other tools.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and I are serious Pizza-holics, we have it at least once a week, if not twice, and I've still managed to lose weight.

IMO - IF you like it and you have the calories, go for it. Just use control - have 2 pieces and call it good. Eat it with a fork and knife to make it last longer. Works for me!

Edit - to add one other thought - if you really don't want to have it, but don't think you'll be able to resist, tell him to order a flavor/topping that you don't like! That way you won't be tempted as much.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Pizza is delicious - eat it. You're going to have to face food demons eventually. Now is the perfect time to start!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    You have to treat yourself every now and then but Pizza is a big no no! Especially takeaway!

All up to you really how you play this one!

Glad you cleared that up for us. I'll call Domino's HQ now and tell them to shut down.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you.

If you want to loose weight practice the shake your head diet.

When someone offers you food like pizza shake your head to the left then the right several times.

Boils down to will power, do you want to lose or do you want to eat pizza? Your choice. The more you choice losing the easier it gets.

Also don't eat back calories.. I can't see how you'd lose eating back 1500 cals.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

Cuz you obviously don't understand that MFP is a NEAT method calculator and also don't understand the definition of the word GOAL...it's right there next to your calorie number...why the frick would you think MFP would give you a GOAL that you weren't supposed to achieve? Some kind of sadistic trickery perhaps? C'mon...use some common sense and also do a little research on how this tool is used. You're probably the type that thinks a hammer is an all purpose tool 'cuz you have no idea how to actually use other tools.

That and the fact that under-eating kills your metabolic rate... always eat as close to goal as you can, imo.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 calories remaining??? if so eat the pizza is my opinion

Exactly this.

You don't need to starve yourself skinny or deprive yourself of great tasting food.

I never let a week go by without spaghetti or pizza, and I never let a day go by without cheesecake. Yet I am wearing size 4 because it is all about the calorie deficit...not what you eat.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Girl just eat the pizza

Yeahhhh... you want the pizza. I ate the pizza yesterday. ESPECIALLY if you have the calories to burn. And you obviously don't do it all the time. Eat the pizza and ENJOY the pizza.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you.

If you want to loose weight practice the shake your head diet.

When someone offers you food like pizza shake your head to the left then the right several times.

Boils down to will power, do you want to lose or do you want to eat pizza? Your choice. The more you choice losing the easier it gets.

Then you don't understand how the site works. Your deficit is built in. You make it too large by not eating them back.

Also, pizza is good for you. I eat it often. I prefer the kind I make myself but take-out pizza isn't bad at all.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The average pizza is under 300 calories a slice. I will always eat it if i have the calories to spare.
  • itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options
    Quit telling yourself you "CAN'T have it because you're on a diet/trying to lose weight." That reinforces a negative feeling toward food. Instead, think to yourself "I CAN have pizza, but I choose not to."
    - Jason Vale is my inspiration! (from his book "7 lbs. in 7 Days"
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the pizza!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza is so much better, though... mmmm... might make it a point to do that soon.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you have 1500 cals left, just budget to eat within that, that is ALOT to work with. I agree that a slice or two would fit in your calories, and still have some cals left for a salad, fruit, dessert, etc. You must have done a super workout, so you deserve it!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Also, pizza is good for you. I eat it often. I prefer the kind I make myself but take-out pizza isn't bad at all.

Exactly! For all you pizza hater out there please explain what's so bad about a slice of pizza?

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fast-foods-generic/9326/2

272 calories per 103 gram slice

50% from carbs
    32% from fats
    18% from protein

Throw a grilled chicken breast, sliced tomatoes, and some spinach on there and it's a very nutritious dish