Husband ordering pizza

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza "really bad"? Cheese has calcium and protein. Veggies have fiber. Pizza sauce has that lycopene stuff. If you get it without meat it'll be a little lower calories.

I guess it's not, but one slice has about as many calories as I would normally eat for a whole meal, and it's really hard to just eat one piece for me. I guess it's a lack of will power. I'm working on it though. I ate some pizza, and although I feel guilty, the numbers look alright. I was afraid of the fat and the sodium and the sugar and the carbs, but it turned out to not be bad.
    Stop it. Guilt is a useless, destructive emotion. You didn't harm anyone, including yourself. What are you guilty of?
  • pam7315
    pam7315 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat the Pizza!!!...:-)
  • RPric1
    RPric1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I can so relate! And my body doesn't like more than 1 piece of pizza, the sodium makes me feel dry and icky in the morning. :-) my husband seems to fear running out of food and piles the supplies in our house. So I know about restraint in the face of temptations. I keep a good attitude and don't complain. I would love just one piece of pizza and eat real slowly. The second piece is never as good as the first anyway :-)
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses, just the orignal post and two or three responses, but.......

Come on, you have 1500 calories left - you can eat two slices of pizza and feel no guilt whatsoever.
    It's not like you've got 150 calories left.
    Or, if you'd rather, I'm sure the pizzaria has salads and chicken wings...you could go with those options.
    Do you want to make your husband feel guilty---

"It never fails, the minute I start to GET BACK ON TRACK, my husband orders pizza. I'm left with some 1,500
    calories remaining... . Or should I try to will my way out of it, and GO HIDE while the pizza is out?
    It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it
    and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him."

I think you've got the WRONG ATTITUDE. Eat the pizza and enjoy it.

P.S. BYNSKI -- you're my kind of girl!!!
    AND HUBBY should NOT eat his pizza in the garage.
    OP is a big girl - she should be able to handle this major DILEMMA (sp?). Want it-Eat it. Don't want it-don't eat it. (Whew!)

Yikes!! It's not THAT big of a deal. I even said that I can't and am not blaming him. I know that I can choose to not eat it, but my whole reason for posting was to see other people's opinions about whether or not it's worth eating. In my opinion, Papa John's pizza can be really bad for you, but I was hoping maybe someone could enlighten me about how to stay strong and not eat it, or else convince me it's ok to eat and go with it. I couldn't make up my mind. In the end, I ate the pizza, and it's over. I came here for "motivation and support" as the board is called, not a critique on my "bad attitude". :\ I'm sorry that you read it that way, but that is not how I meant any of my post to be read.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming we're talking pizza as in Domino's, New York Piza, etc. The cheese in those pizza's is high in fat (fats in dairy products are high in saturated fats). They use white flower to make the bottom (processed), which has a high GI level (like whitebread & sugar). A lot of meats on there like perperoni are high in fat too.
  • Hodgenska
    Options
    You're right in that total deprivation is bad. Personally myself, I cannot have JUST ONE or TWO slices of pizza lol.... but if I read your post right.. you have 1500 calories remaining?? Opt for something healthier so that you feel good about yourself. I always feel bad when i give in to foods that are greasy, fatty, and NON nutritional.... I think you'll feel better about YOURSELF if you pass... just sayin.... but I support you either way :)

Thank you. That's my problem too. Once I start, it's hard to stop, and regardless of how much I end up having (one or half a pizza) I always feel guilty. I'm still unsure about the whole calorie thing. It seems crazy to me that two hours walking around at a park could have left me with that many extra calories after breakfast, lunch, and a snack. I'm new to all of this, and I just wanted to see what other people thought.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza "really bad"? Cheese has calcium and protein. Veggies have fiber. Pizza sauce has that lycopene stuff. If you get it without meat it'll be a little lower calories.

I guess it's not, but one slice has about as many calories as I would normally eat for a whole meal, and it's really hard to just eat one piece for me. I guess it's a lack of will power. I'm working on it though. I ate some pizza, and although I feel guilty, the numbers look alright. I was afraid of the fat and the sodium and the sugar and the carbs, but it turned out to not be bad.
    Stop it. Guilt is a useless, destructive emotion. You didn't harm anyone, including yourself. What are you guilty of?

^ This. And to add, by quote, "the numbers look alright," so let me be clear, no problem.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Why not have one piece then have a salad and low fat dressing with it? That way you get a treat without feeling guilty.

That like saying you shouldn't feel bad about a big mac and fries as long as you order a diet coke.

Don't eat the pizza. Why set yourself back when you know how hard it has been to get where you are?
  • OmaOnederful
    Options
    Have one piece and then congratulate yourself on the will power to stop at one! Life is full of pizza and cake and cookies and chocolate... if you want to succeed you have to learn to stop at one. If you can't stop at one... don't start!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I would eat the pizza, and not feel guilty... Like at all, lol. :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza "just really bad?" I had some today
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options

So ... If I take two slices of bread and put some cheese, meat and veggies between them, it might be a healthy meal. But if I put cheese, veggies and meat on top of bread and bake it, the nutrients magically disappear?

You're so much smarter than I am. Will you be my nutrition guru?

This is a healthy meal to you?

two slices of bread and put some cheese, meat and veggies between them

PS, dont forget that veggies is processed, that bread is processed, that meat is processed... so yea, where is this healthy? ms guru?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I'm still unsure about the whole calorie thing. It seems crazy to me that two hours walking around at a park could have left me with that many extra calories after breakfast, lunch, and a snack. I'm new to all of this, and I just wanted to see what other people thought.

There's probably an entry error somewhere if you've worked back more than your breakfast+lunch+snack with a couple hours of hanging out at a park.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should see a............ nutritionist or dietician.

I'm sure they'd tell you that ocassionally eating pizza is not going to ruin your health. Sure, it has sodium - so do canned vegetables and canned tuna. It may be greasy - take a napkin and soak up the oil before eating it.

It's like a McDonald's Cheeseburger or Kentucky Fried Chicken - not something to do all the time - but okay once in a while.

No way should you feel guilty about eating it. And as you can see from the 95% of the responses - no one's trying to talk you out of it. Nobody else seems to think you should feel guilty.
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm shaking my head, but not at the pizza.

Same here.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza regularly it is not a "bad" food and somehow going to magically make you fat. 2 pieces of Papa Johns cheese pizza is a little over 500 cal. I rarely eat more than 2 pieces. So eat it and be happy. Life is not about derivation but moderation!
  • usnwifey
    usnwifey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    no dont!!! too many carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hodgenska
    Options
    Why is pizza "just really bad?" I had some today

I feel like it is for me. One slice alone has as many calories in it as I would normally eat for a whole meal. Granted, it's got all different kinds of food groups in it, depending on what you get, but I have a really hard time only eating one piece! One piece turns to two, two turns to three, three turns to "Heck, I'll drink the coke too", and so on. Not to mention the fat, carbs, sodium, sugar. lol you know what I mean?? I can't be the only one who has trouble with it, otherwise this website wouldn't even be here! If it were homemade, I'd feel a little better about it. It's not a big deal. I ate it, like I always do. And it was gooooood.
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On my Sunday Cheat day, I often eat pizza or whatever i was craving that week. And I'm still losing the weight..

I'd say, go ahead, have a slice, it won't hurt you once in a while.
  • Hodgenska
    Options
    I'm still unsure about the whole calorie thing. It seems crazy to me that two hours walking around at a park could have left me with that many extra calories after breakfast, lunch, and a snack. I'm new to all of this, and I just wanted to see what other people thought.

There's probably an entry error somewhere if you've worked back more than your breakfast+lunch+snack with a couple hours of hanging out at a park.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I don't know. I went to the park to walk, there is a walking trail, and I played on the playground with my kid, but I thought it seemed a little weird to have been so much. I even broke the time down between how much I walked and how fast I was walking. I wasn't power walking the entire two hours, but idk. I don't know really how it all works.