Husband ordering pizza

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Seriously...I have a real problem with this idea that if one person is dieting, or whatever you want to call it, other family members are accused of lack of caring or lack of support if they choose to eat something else. My hubby fried a pound of bacon this morning, and I had four slices, all I wanted. This does not imply lack of caring on his part, just that he wanted to cook the bacon, no problem. Doesn't mean I have to eat it. Doesn't mean he isn't supportive, because he is. Take some responsibility for YOUR choices, and don't whine if somebody else wants something different.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Main issue isn't really about the pizza.... its more about the husband's lack of caring or support. Something she needs on her quest to eat health and to get in shape.

LOL! Yea, when I'm bulking and my wife is cutting, I eat anything I want in mass quantities and she doesn't. It works the same in reverse too, but it's much more amusing at restaurants when she orders the large prime rib and I opt for a small sirloin, as the waiter never seems to put the right plate in front of the right person. The point is, it is about SELF control. Yes, we support each other, but we don't limit what the other eats either.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Seriously...I have a real problem with this idea that if one person is dieting, or whatever you want to call it, other family members are accused of lack of caring or lack of support if they choose to eat something else. My hubby fried a pound of bacon this morning, and I had four slices, all I wanted. This does not imply lack of caring on his part, just that he wanted to cook the bacon, no problem. Doesn't mean I have to eat it. Doesn't mean he isn't supportive, because he is. Take some responsibility for YOUR choices, and don't whine if somebody else wants something different.

I'm with you on that! I would never "impose" my weight loss on someone else.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    So strange to me that she is coming on here for motivation and support and people are acting like posts that say "Shake your head and say no" and pointing out the calories and bad contents that are in pizza are put down and made fun of.

If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy, how does overly processed cheese/dairy, (probably) non-whole grain crust, and sugar-laced pizza sauce work into a healthy diet?! Person A eats 1500 calories of pizza and Person B eat 1500 calories of whole grains and vegetables, who do you think is going to be healthier, have more energy for exercise, and feel better overall and probably slimmer? I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!
    <<<<<<<<<Lost 137 lbs. Has stellar blood panels. Aces all health screenings. Can run 6 miles no problem. Can deadlift 225 lbs (1.5x bodyweight, I might add). Wears a size 4 dress. Feels effing fantastic.

Eats ALL the pizza. Has NEVER turned down pizza as long as it fits my macros.

You were saying?

animated%20gif%20hello%20images%20glitter%2058.gif

Tell me you also eat ice cream and I'll love you forever.
    I have 1 to 1.5 cups almost every night. Death by Chocolate is my current favorite.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    So strange to me that she is coming on here for motivation and support and people are acting like posts that say "Shake your head and say no" and pointing out the calories and bad contents that are in pizza are put down and made fun of.

If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy, how does overly processed cheese/dairy, (probably) non-whole grain crust, and sugar-laced pizza sauce work into a healthy diet?! Person A eats 1500 calories of pizza and Person B eat 1500 calories of whole grains and vegetables, who do you think is going to be healthier, have more energy for exercise, and feel better overall and probably slimmer? I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!

If she doesn't want it, she doesn't have to eat it. End of problem.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

<<<<<<<<<Lost 137 lbs. Has stellar blood panels. Aces all health screenings. Can run 6 miles no problem. Can deadlift 225 lbs (1.5x bodyweight, I might add). Wears a size 4 dress. Feels effing fantastic.

You were saying?

animated%20gif%20hello%20images%20glitter%2058.gif

Tell me you also eat ice cream and I'll love you forever.
    I have 1 to 1.5 cups almost every night. Death by Chocolate is my current favorite.

*swoons*
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

You were saying?

tumblr_m9lch6xlid1razhgio1_500.gif
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy

Thats exactly the issue, it NOT a diet, its a lifestyle change. We are supporting her by saying she doesn't need to freak out over a slice of pizza once in a while.

Exactly. Most of us are not on a diet. We just make sure we don't overeat and therefor we lose weight at the same time.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Have him order a small thin crust or flat bread with veggies for you. It will be satisfying without too much fat or calories.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Now I want pizza and after the last four days of Junkfest 2013, I really can't have it! I hate this thread.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

**points down to weightloss ticker** I'm starting training to run a marathon in October. I ran a half marathon on Sunday. I have never ever avoided any food. I regularly eat pizza, burgers, and everything else that you probably think is evil incarnate.

It's about learning what moderation and self-control is and not about avoidance.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've had half a pizza at least once a week every week since I joined here almost two and a half years ago. I've been maintaining within 5 pounds of my goal weight for two years.

Pizza is not the devil. And a husband who wants to continue to eat food he enjoys is not the devil, either.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You have enough remaining calories to eat a few pieces of pizza, if you want to. But if you really don't want to, because pizza is generally seen as not a part of your new life-style diet, then don't. In the meantime, tell your husband that if he wants to order and eat pizza, he can eat it in the garage. Sounds to me like he is an insensitive lout, not uncommon for our gender. Doesn't he need to change his diet? High fat, high sodium, high calorie - he needs to pay attention to what he is eating too.

tumblr_m8a8c4l5lJ1rx6ay1o1_500.gif
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Will politely disagree with your mindset. I spent all of my teen years on one "diet" or another, and failed miserably each and every time. Oh, sure, sometimes I'd drop the weight, but I would feel so deprived & hated refusing everyday normal foods others enjoyed. At age 20-21, I dropped 40 lbs (approx, I'm not exactly sure). How? By copying the way my college roommates ate. Yep, just followed their lead: eat when hungry, enjoy everything in moderation, no deprivation. I didn't count calories or anything. I just decided I was sick of "dieting". Just ate like my "normal" sized roommates. Today, I'm 51, 5ft tall, 115 lbs. I take no medications, all my labs & BP are excellent, and I'm active & happy. I eat pizza about once a week. I'll take a slice or two, add a salad & beverage and I'm satisfied. The "diet" mentality does not work for most. IMO.
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options

If she doesn't want it, she doesn't have to eat it. End of problem.

Maybe she isn't full of will power as you are? Look i know if a pastrami sandwich being made in my house.. and next to it is my greek salad and a bowl of split pee vegan soup... no matter what this app is telling me, that pastrami is getting in me...

but if that pastrami isn't there... i'm eating healthy

Just sayin. husband could eat **** food outside of the house and when at home, support his wife to getting what she wants and i'm guessing what he wants...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    cause it bears repeating...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZXcJfG44REStE6zQVtMn-zjiqpsP-DqBJi_JCzOD24AtJcyh5bQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnSkTjFnez1e6BAk3cLqbEEsr_ckwUsYlP9PspfhSZcEGKxaSjOA

Byn... Hate to tell you. There is no food pyramid anymore. It's my plate. Plates are round. Pizzas are round. Eat the pizza!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I have pizza in the oven at this very moment.

And now it's in mah belleh.

I hope you ate some too.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It never fails, the minute I start to get back on track, my husband orders pizza. Now, I feel like depriving yourself of EVERYTHING is a bad way to go, but pizza is just really bad.... With the activity that I've done today, according to mfp, I'm left with some 1,500 calories remaining (crazy, because I only started with 1,400 this morning, and I've already had breakfast, lunch and a snack!) but I feel like that's a little crazy. Should I allow myself a piece of pizza (or two? lol) this evening when my husband orders? Or should I try to will my way out of it, and go hide while the pizza is out? It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him. What do you guys think?

Pitt. I'd have 4 slices... And a beer.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Have some pizza and wash it down with beer!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!

incredulity.jpg

Actually, she came on here to see if she should eat the pizza or not. From the OP:
    Should I allow myself a piece of pizza (or two? lol) this evening when my husband orders? Or should I try to will my way out of it, and go hide while the pizza is out?

The thoughtless hubby crap was a secondary issue. It sounded more like a vent to me. To which I call it crap because, why should she impose her healthy choices on him if he is not ready or motivated to make that change for himself yet. All that would do is generate resentment and friction in their relationship.

I want some pizza now.