Husband ordering pizza

Options

Replies

• itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options
    So strange to me that she is coming on here for motivation and support and people are acting like posts that say "Shake your head and say no" and pointing out the calories and bad contents that are in pizza are put down and made fun of.

If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy, how does overly processed cheese/dairy, (probably) non-whole grain crust, and sugar-laced pizza sauce work into a healthy diet?! Person A eats 1500 calories of pizza and Person B eat 1500 calories of whole grains and vegetables, who do you think is going to be healthier, have more energy for exercise, and feel better overall and probably slimmer? I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Totally go for it! Eat one to two slices as your calories allow, put a salad on the side and/or fruit salad. I have had pizza twice so far in my journey. First time I had one slice and a salad. Second time I had enough calories for two slices. Neither night did I go over my calories OR gain.

It's okay to treat yourself occasionally, as long as you don't eat the whole pie!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy

Thats exactly the issue, it NOT a diet, its a lifestyle change. We are supporting her by saying she doesn't need to freak out over a slice of pizza once in a while.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Main issue isn't really about the pizza.... its more about the husband's lack of caring or support. Something she needs on her quest to eat health and to get in shape.
    Very strong first post. Bravo.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Main issue isn't really about the pizza.... its more about the husband's lack of caring or support. Something she needs on her quest to eat health and to get in shape.

So the hubby can't eat what HE wants because his wife is dieting? BS. If he does eat something he wants he's showing lack of support? Double BS. It's not all about her, it's about him too. If she doesn't want it, she can eat something else.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Very strong first post. Bravo.

Username is totalsham. Seems legit.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

SAA60kO.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    So strange to me that she is coming on here for motivation and support and people are acting like posts that say "Shake your head and say no" and pointing out the calories and bad contents that are in pizza are put down and made fun of.

If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy, how does overly processed cheese/dairy, (probably) non-whole grain crust, and sugar-laced pizza sauce work into a healthy diet?! Person A eats 1500 calories of pizza and Person B eat 1500 calories of whole grains and vegetables, who do you think is going to be healthier, have more energy for exercise, and feel better overall and probably slimmer? I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!
    <<<<<<<<<Lost 137 lbs. Has stellar blood panels. Aces all health screenings. Can run 6 miles no problem. Can deadlift 225 lbs (1.5x bodyweight, I might add). Wears a size 4 dress. Feels effing fantastic.

Eats ALL the pizza. Has NEVER turned down pizza as long as it fits my macros.

You were saying?
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I exercise more just so that I can eat more pizza. You don't have to eat a perfectly clean diet just because you are trying to lose weight. How would you treat this day if you were at goal weight and maintaining?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza regularly.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Because we don't think that white flour, fat, dairy, etc are bad, especially not in the context of a diet that is nutrient dense.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You were saying?

225 pounds? FUK YES!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You have 1500 cals remaining. Why wouldn't you eat the pizza?

Well, I really don't know how accurate this is about calories and exercising, but it's also not just the calories. I know pizza is high in fat, sodium, sugar, carbs, stuff like that... and I just can't decide whether or not it would be worth it. Calorie-wise, yeah, no problem, but it's more of everything else I'm iffy about. Figured I'd ask and take a tally if the answers and decide that way. Lol
    To repeat the best response in this thread:

Girl, eat the pizza.

The sodium may cause a day or two of water retention, but otherwise, a couple slices ain't gonna kill ya.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Because long term health and maintenance is not measured in how often you say no, but in the moderation of yes. We have pizza all the time, usually homemade. We but quality ingredients, make whole wheat or multigrain crust, and enjoy ourselves. Do I eat a whole pizza by myself? No. I usually have two slices and maybe some salad, fruit or steamed veg on the side. Pizza fills me up too much to have more. And then I have my favourite: cold pizza for breakfast. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

<<<<<<<<<Lost 137 lbs. Has stellar blood panels. Aces all health screenings. Can run 6 miles no problem. Can deadlift 225 lbs (1.5x bodyweight, I might add). Wears a size 4 dress. Feels effing fantastic.

Eats ALL the pizza. Has NEVER turned down pizza as long as it fits my macros.

You were saying?

animated%20gif%20hello%20images%20glitter%2058.gif

Tell me you also eat ice cream and I'll love you forever.
  • CharlesLadd
    CharlesLadd Posts: 39
    Options
    You have enough remaining calories to eat a few pieces of pizza, if you want to. But if you really don't want to, because pizza is generally seen as not a part of your new life-style diet, then don't. In the meantime, tell your husband that if he wants to order and eat pizza, he can eat it in the garage. Sounds to me like he is an insensitive lout, not uncommon for our gender. Doesn't he need to change his diet? High fat, high sodium, high calorie - he needs to pay attention to what he is eating too.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Coming in to dinner with 1,500 left probably isn't the best scenario. Can't really eat it back healthily at that point. Might want to eat more meals during or closer to the activities.

If eating pizza bothers due to oils/salt/lactose, or non-organic concerns, don't eat it. The 3-400 calories from a slice aren't the problem.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I'm more concerned at how you have 1500 calories remaining...1500 calories is a pretty hefty chunk of exercise.
  • Levi_Hansen
    Levi_Hansen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is also possible to make your own food in the kitchen as well.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I rather have a bottle of wine ( 650 calories ) and some cheese if I had 1500 calories left.