Husband ordering pizza

Options

Replies

• karamevans
    karamevans Posts: 16
    Options
    For now, have a slice. For the future, learn to make your own pizza with wholemeal dough, and plenty of chicken and veggies. You control what goes on it and it'll be a lot healthier and less greasy than what your husband is eating! X
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the answers!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Well, I limit to one slice if I am having salad etc. Two slices when it is pizza only. Works fine.:happy:
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    For now, have a slice. For the future, learn to make your own pizza with wholemeal dough, and plenty of chicken and veggies. You control what goes on it and it'll be a lot healthier and less greasy than what your husband is eating! X

With all due respect.......

If the options is 'take out Pizza and a glass of wine' vs 'wholemeal dough pizza with extra chicken and veggies server with a glass of chilled water' then I will take the take-out.

Obviously though I will pay for it by working out extra hard (usually in advance) and making sure that I do not blow my daily budget,....

Super strict diets do not work for everyone and I have seen them cause all sorts of grief in relationships ....
  • Hodgenska
    Options

Great idea. I've seen some recipes for cauliflower/spinach crusts, so I'll try that. :happy:
  • Hodgenska
    Options
    I rather have a bottle of wine ( 650 calories ) and some cheese if I had 1500 calories left.

A bottle of wine does sound good. xD
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    So strange to me that she is coming on here for motivation and support and people are acting like posts that say "Shake your head and say no" and pointing out the calories and bad contents that are in pizza are put down and made fun of.

If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy, how does overly processed cheese/dairy, (probably) non-whole grain crust, and sugar-laced pizza sauce work into a healthy diet?! Person A eats 1500 calories of pizza and Person B eat 1500 calories of whole grains and vegetables, who do you think is going to be healthier, have more energy for exercise, and feel better overall and probably slimmer? I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!

If she doesn't want it, she doesn't have to eat it. End of problem.

Maybe she isn't full of will power as you are? Look i know if a pastrami sandwich being made in my house.. and next to it is my greek salad and a bowl of split pee vegan soup... no matter what this app is telling me, that pastrami is getting in me...

but if that pastrami isn't there... i'm eating healthy

Just sayin. husband could eat **** food outside of the house and when at home, support his wife to getting what she wants and i'm guessing what he wants...

Nope. She's responsible for the food that goes in her mouth. If he's taunting her or bragging about being able to eat it, then he's being an unsupportive d!ck, but that doesn't sound like the case here. And seriously...it's PIZZA. A slice or two of pizza adds up to the same as many other meals that are considered more "healthy".

Also, I'd probably pass on split pee soup. Give me some split pea and it might be another story.
  • Hodgenska
    Options
    Pizza is sooo bad that all my Italian family died of old age

lol! I mean, Papa John's and Dominos ARE pretty bad... Come on. :P No one can deny that!
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses, just the orignal post and two or three responses, but.......

Come on, you have 1500 calories left - you can eat two slices of pizza and feel no guilt whatsoever.
    It's not like you've got 150 calories left.
    Or, if you'd rather, I'm sure the pizzaria has salads and chicken wings...you could go with those options.
    Do you want to make your husband feel guilty---

"It never fails, the minute I start to GET BACK ON TRACK, my husband orders pizza. I'm left with some 1,500
    calories remaining... . Or should I try to will my way out of it, and GO HIDE while the pizza is out?
    It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it
    and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him."

I think you've got the WRONG ATTITUDE. Eat the pizza and enjoy it.

P.S. BYNSKI -- you're my kind of girl!!!
    AND HUBBY should NOT eat his pizza in the garage.
    OP is a big girl - she should be able to handle this major DILEMMA (sp?). Want it-Eat it. Don't want it-don't eat it. (Whew!)
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I rather have a bottle of wine ( 650 calories ) and some cheese if I had 1500 calories left.

I think what it boils down to is that you can eat healthy and have some vices, but you can't have ALL the vices. I have a sweet tooth and like wine and cocktails but don't drink very much. I would NEVER pick wine over chocolate cake or a cookie if the two were presented as an option at the same time. I could give up fried food and alcohol in a heartbeat (can't remember last time I had either of those) but just try taking away my chocolate...
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So strange to me that she is coming on here for motivation and support and people are acting like posts that say "Shake your head and say no" and pointing out the calories and bad contents that are in pizza are put down and made fun of.

If you're on a diet and trying to be healthy, how does overly processed cheese/dairy, (probably) non-whole grain crust, and sugar-laced pizza sauce work into a healthy diet?! Person A eats 1500 calories of pizza and Person B eat 1500 calories of whole grains and vegetables, who do you think is going to be healthier, have more energy for exercise, and feel better overall and probably slimmer? I assumed she came on here for motivation on how to say no, because if you read her original post it sounds like she DOESN'T want to eat the pizza, and needs some help and a little push to say NO!

Maybe she isn't full of will power as you are? Look i know if a pastrami sandwich being made in my house.. and next to it is my greek salad and a bowl of split pee vegan soup... no matter what this app is telling me, that pastrami is getting in me...

Just sayin. husband could eat **** food outside of the house and when at home, support his wife to getting what she wants and i'm guessing what he wants...

Nope. She's responsible for the food that goes in her mouth. If he's taunting her or bragging about being able to eat it, then he's being an unsupportive d!ck, but that doesn't sound like the case here. And seriously...it's PIZZA. A slice or two of pizza adds up to the same as many other meals that are considered more "healthy".

Also, I'd probably pass on split pee soup. Give me some split pea and it might be another story.

As someone who is a PA student, and is in functional medicine.... besides being blantantly obvious, healthly food > pizza. its not just calories... see its more of did those calories give everything the body needed nutrient wise? and honestly, the answer is no. So in 1-2 hours when she is feeling hungry again its cause her body is says "hey dude, i need some things you forgot to give me" and thats when she goes over her caloiric intake cause her body is starving for nutrients the pizza didnt provide.

if you want more info, google functional medicine, and optimum health reports.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

As someone who is a PA student, and is in functional medicine.... besides being blantantly obvious, healthly food > pizza. its not just calories... see its more of did those calories give everything the body needed nutrient wise? and honestly, the answer is no. So in 1-2 hours when she is feeling hungry again its cause her body is says "hey dude, i need some things you forgot to give me" and thats when she goes over her caloiric intake cause her body is starving for nutrients the pizza didnt provide.

When I eat pizza i don't get hungry again until the next day. I guess my pizza here in Chicago has a bunch of nutrients.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You're right in that total deprivation is bad. Personally myself, I cannot have JUST ONE or TWO slices of pizza lol.... but if I read your post right.. you have 1500 calories remaining?? Opt for something healthier so that you feel good about yourself. I always feel bad when i give in to foods that are greasy, fatty, and NON nutritional.... I think you'll feel better about YOURSELF if you pass... just sayin.... but I support you either way :)
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    For the love of God, just eat the pizza and don't obsess over it.

This. It's food, not crack.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Great idea. I've seen some recipes for cauliflower/spinach crusts, so I'll try that. :happy:

I did broccoli crust last week and it was one of the better pizza crusts I've had.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I wonder what website the husband goes to and starts a topic called... Wife won't let me order pizza

It's not his responsibility to make sure you are never tempted to indulge. If you don't get a hold on it, life in general is going to be really difficult between social gatherings and family get togethers. You can't expect everyone to cater to you. Also, like everyone has said, what's wrong with pizza? Especially if you have that many left over calories.

Now if he was demanding you make something for you, that's a different story, but if he is getting it on his own, let him eat the pizza
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    Just have two slices of pizza and only most of the bottle of wine....ha ha
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses, just the orignal post and two or three responses, but.......

Come on, you have 1500 calories left - you can eat two slices of pizza and feel no guilt whatsoever.
    It's not like you've got 150 calories left.
    Or, if you'd rather, I'm sure the pizzaria has salads and chicken wings...you could go with those options.
    Do you want to make your husband feel guilty---

"It never fails, the minute I start to GET BACK ON TRACK, my husband orders pizza. I'm left with some 1,500
    calories remaining... . Or should I try to will my way out of it, and GO HIDE while the pizza is out?
    It's really hard, because my husband won't NOT order it to make life easier for me, because he wants it
    and is going to get it, unfortunately... lol but I can't really blame him."

I think you've got the WRONG ATTITUDE. Eat the pizza and enjoy it.

P.S. BYNSKI -- you're my kind of girl!!!
    AND HUBBY should NOT eat his pizza in the garage.
    OP is a big girl - she should be able to handle this major DILEMMA (sp?). Want it-Eat it. Don't want it-don't eat it. (Whew!)

Smart woman! Agree completely!
  • Hodgenska
    Options
    Why is pizza "really bad"? Cheese has calcium and protein. Veggies have fiber. Pizza sauce has that lycopene stuff. If you get it without meat it'll be a little lower calories.

I guess it's not, but one slice has about as many calories as I would normally eat for a whole meal, and it's really hard to just eat one piece for me. I guess it's a lack of will power. I'm working on it though. I ate some pizza, and although I feel guilty, the numbers look alright. I was afraid of the fat and the sodium and the sugar and the carbs, but it turned out to not be bad.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

So ... If I take two slices of bread and put some cheese, meat and veggies between them, it might be a healthy meal. But if I put cheese, veggies and meat on top of bread and bake it, the nutrients magically disappear?

You're so much smarter than I am. Will you be my nutrition guru?