Catty Women

Options
JenAndSome
JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
I work in an office that is only women. Today on the lawn they are holding a ceremony to honor fallen officers, so there are a lot of police officers outside getting ready. Most of us are hanging at the window drooling over the eye candy because, well, who doesn't love a man in uniform? Anyways, one of the officer's wife walks up with their son and she is drop dead gorgeous. All of the women start making comments. "Oh, my god! Look at her hair! It has to be bleached." "Her boobs are too big for her body. They are fake." And on and on. I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care. This is why I don't have many female friends. Are all women so catty?

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Did you take a picture of the blonde?
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have found that working in a confined space with all or mostly all women breeds *****iness! It's awful and I feel for ya :flowerforyou:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You had me until "this is why I don't have female friends". Bleh :sick:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    nomaam2.jpg
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    This probably explains why they're not posting in the forums today......
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I agree..... Women are very catty.... Same reason I don't have many girl friends.... Since I've lost so much weight I get a lot of cattiness... Strange how before everyone wanted me to lose weight and now I get comments about losing to much weight.... From the same women who encouraged me originally....
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am not :) Or I try really hard not to be!

My mom raised me to believe that we women are all on the same team and that we have enough going against us already so we shouldn't try to sabotage each other. I think that is something that has really stuck with me!!

I am really glad you stood up for the lady. :) She is probably a very nice person who has struggles just like the rest of us! :) We're only human! It's funny.... once, I thought I would rather be my sister, because she is blond and absolutely beautiful. She told me she thought the same things about me, because I am so smart, driven, and independent. Grass is always greener, I guess? but that helped me to appreciate what I have and to also appreciate her because while she is blond and absolutely beautiful, she is also one of the nicest people you would ever meet, too.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    No, they're not all catty. I have a tight group of RL girl friends and they're lovely people.

When you're happy with how you look yourself and confident about the person you are yourself you don't need to put other women down to make yourself feel better. I've never understood it.

I don't like those kind of women and I don't engage in that kind of petty BS.

It's ugly and toxic.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    omg someone understands.
    I work in an all woman environment however our boss is male and they ***** about him all the time.
    I have no issues so itsz a little uncomfortable for me at times to sit there and listen to all of it.

Also one is on the CAMBRIDGE DIET, and justifies its benefits all the time. I CANT TAKE IT!!!!!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    This.

When I was younger I felt like that about female friends. Then, I grew up. I've had the same girlfriends since childhood. I've made new friends since then when I was in college (in my 30's). My friends are not catty. And I don't think it's fair to characterize all women as such. I've worked in a male-dominant field for years now, and allow me to tell you that the same amount of them do the same thing.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Who is it who says we'd have world peace if women ran things?. . .
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care.

Enjoy posting your success thread on MFP and watching other women find any way they can to insinuate you faked your results or backhanded compliments about how you've made SOME progress.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care.

Enjoy posting your success thread on MFP and watching other women find any way they can to insinuate you faked your results or backhanded compliments about how you've made SOME progress.

That's not fair. 99% of the comments posted by women on those threads are kind and encouraging.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Did you take a picture of the blonde?

I considered it, but I'm pretty sure stalking an officer's wife in front of a hundred other officers may not be the smartest thing to do.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

That's not fair. 99% of the comments posted by women on those threads are kind and encouraging.

Absolutely true. My fault for remembering the nasty ones.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Absolutely true. My fault for remembering the nasty ones.
    The nasty ones sting, though. It's easy to remember them.
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of saying that this is why most of my friends are male too. Scientifically, prenatal hormone exposure affects one's way of coping with aggression. Females tend to engage in gossip, passive-aggressive-type mind games (caused by estrogen), etc, rather than physical violence (testosterone). Does that make it acceptable? Of course not. People need to stop taking their insecurities out on others and acting like ignorant *kitten*.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Ditto.

You're assuming all us women are like that..we're not.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I worked with all women. Yes it can be very catty.
    I knew one girl who would stare at everyone's azz because she had a flat butt and make comments about anyone with a better booty than her.
    I think some women bond that way, talking crap about others, but it can be soooo hard to be around.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    recently this guy i know (casually, thru friends) starting chatting me up all of a sudden, saying how we should hang out and he gave me his number. this dude has a gf, i thought, so the next time i saw his gf i confirmed with her: "You and ____ are an item, right??" (right!) I told her what happened (and that i'm not remotely interested in her guy). She thanked me and we had this really sweet bonding moment over it. She told me like 3 times: "I really respect you as a woman" for sharing that, yadda yadda yadda, because "that's not something most women would do." WTF, REALLY?? 'Most women' would let some other woman's man come onto them and not say anything about it? Say it ain't so... :noway: :mad: :explode: :angry: Golden Rule, peeps. If it were my man, i'd want to know...