Catty Women

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I've worked with all women, and with all men....now its probably 90/10 male/female ratio. I have to say...some guys can be just as bad, or worse than women when it comes to that stuff, but I'd still NEVER willingly take a job in an office with all women every again :noway:

This is why when hiring, I'll look at women as a last resort. I'm a software engineer, and long and short, having women in the office just ****s up the vibe. It's much better to be efficient communicators - transfer the information (good bad or indifferent) and move on - without worrying about anyone's friggin feelings.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    This is why I never got along well with other gals. It has been few and far between I have found a woman friend who did not behave this way. It drives me nuts. I can't understand why anyone would spend so much time being so extremely critical.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    the women i work with are fabulous. they can admire other women without being catty.

after reading this thread, i appreciate them all the more.

Seriously. I work in an office with several women. They're some of my closest friends. I'm glad I don't spend time around the type of women some of you are describing. Yuck.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I've worked with all women, and with all men....now its probably 90/10 male/female ratio. I have to say...some guys can be just as bad, or worse than women when it comes to that stuff, but I'd still NEVER willingly take a job in an office with all women every again :noway:

This is why when hiring, I'll look at women as a last resort. I'm a software engineer, and long and short, having women in the office just ****s up the vibe. It's much better to be efficient communicators - transfer the information (good bad or indifferent) and move on - without worrying about anyone's friggin feelings.
    Seriously! We have this 20 year old intern who all the guys are drooling over, and there's not a week that goes by where someone doesn't come and complain to me about her clothes being too tight, or her heels too high. 99% of the time, she's completely covered, her skirts to or just above the knee, and her neckline appropriate..but these catty cows don't like the attention she gets..... I want to say "get over it...you were that age once too" SMH....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Funny, I have mostly founf the opposite to be true. The ladies room trashed, and the men's room clean and fairly tidy (other than that piddle at the base of the urinal... Men stand closer.. It's smaller than you think).

I'm sorry. I had a different experience, and I mistakenly thought other people had the same experience. My eyes have been opened. I'm sorry if this was offensive to men.

No apology needed. No offense was done.

I was just lending my experience from my days when I was having to clean the staff bathrooms at my work, and what the janitors say here in my current postion about the separate facilities.

In my last position, I had unisex restrooms. They were always trashed. On the days we had guys, it was different issues than the days when it was working with all females. The female days it was more the trash: Paper towels on the floor, crap left in the sink, the occasional attempted flushed tampon (despite the signage saying not to).

With the guys it was more the urine on the seat and the floor, and that not so consistently. Both were messy, but the women's was more visible, and not so unhygenic.

Edited because I accidentally hit the button in passing before finshing my thoughts, and clarity checking.

Maybe in my experience they just have nice bathrooms for women and keep them clean. In the women's rooms everything would be nicely arranged and pretty and women spend more time in there. They even have rooms that I could breastfeed my babies in and it did not even feel like being in a bathroom. I could hang out with the women in there for hours with our newborn babies (and not worry about contamination). The men's rooms were not as well cared for the few times I went in there, but in those circumstances there was a problem in the women's room, so I did not see in there. And I always clean up after myself. It is very rare for me to encounter women not handling their feminine hygiene products with discretion, but I have encountered it one or twice in my life. I also get annoyed when women do not clean up after themselves (pee on the seat) and then I have to clean up for them. I just never thought of this as being gender specific. Most of my female friends are very cleanly. We wash our hands, dry with the towel, then use the towel to wipe up the counter. Just like we care for things at home.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    20127619_2124.jpg
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Seriously! We have this 20 year old intern who all the guys are drooling over, and there's not a week that goes by where someone doesn't come and complain to me about her clothes being too tight, or her heels too high. 99% of the time, she's completely covered, her skirts to or just above the knee, and her neckline appropriate..but these catty cows don't like the attention she gets..... I want to say "get over it...you were that age once too" SMH....

Pics of intern please....
  • InnerConflict
    Options
    20127619_2124.jpg

Eww. These women are too bulky from lifting weights. :tongue:
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options

wow....ummm.. it sounds to me like both your HR departments are in need of serious help. It has nothing to do with being women... it has to do with work ethic and personality traits... perhaps future interviews should be more comprehensive. This is a problem within your hiring process not one that you should be putting on an entire female population.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't doubt half the Engineers have them on their phones.... She's the type that would get attention wearing a potato sack and combat boots, but is actually a really nice girl (who shows up on time and does her job well), so its crappy she's being treated so badly by some of the other women, but sadly, that's just how things go sometimes....
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

:noway:

Where I come from that is illegal. It's discriminatory hiring practices. A potential employee's gender should not enter into the hiring decision. If you are in the states, you could be opening yourself and your company up to EEO suits. Probably not the smartest thing in the world to post this on a public website.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    one word, jealous.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Where I come from that is illegal. It's discriminatory hiring practices. A potential employee's gender should not enter into the hiring decision. If you are in the states, you could be opening yourself and your company up to EEO suits. Probably not the smartest thing in the world to post this on a public website.

*shrug*

I don't prefer working with women. There's nothing that could be done in court. How is someone going to know my pre-screening practices? Who's gonna bring the suit?
  • InnerConflict
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't doubt half the Engineers have them on their phones.... She's the type that would get attention wearing a potato sack and combat boots, but is actually a really nice girl (who shows up on time and does her job well), so its crappy she's being treated so badly by some of the other women, but sadly, that's just how things go sometimes....

I don't have one of those fancy smartphones so I wouldn't be able to share if I had a hot intern here. Flip phones are a bit too obvious for creepy stalker pictures. lol
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options

WOW....just....effing WOW........................................

I f*cking CANNOT anymore.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

*shrug*

I don't prefer working with women. There's nothing that could be done in court. How is someone going to know my pre-screening practices? Who's gonna bring the suit?
    Someone will probably figure it out eventually. You should be a misogynist on your own time, not your company's.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

*shrug*

And someone called me sexist because due to my experiences I think most women are catty? I hate to say it, but I almost hope someone does file a lawsuit. That's extremely ridiculous.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

You sir. SUCK.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I hate this.. my B/f works with all females and younger ones too... I swear he grew a V$gin$... and High School Gossip Mouth...
    :huh: :grumble:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

You sir. SUCK.

I agree!!