Catty Women

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I work in an office that is only women. Today on the lawn they are holding a ceremony to honor fallen officers, so there are a lot of police officers outside getting ready. Most of us are hanging at the window drooling over the eye candy because, well, who doesn't love a man in uniform? Anyways, one of the officer's wife walks up with their son and she is drop dead gorgeous. All of the women start making comments. "Oh, my god! Look at her hair! It has to be bleached." "Her boobs are too big for her body. They are fake." And on and on. I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care. This is why I don't have many female friends. Are all women so catty?

aaaaaaaaaaaaand now I actually read the OP. I think you are right that they were being incredibly catty and actually more than that super insensitive. Did it occur to any of them that this might be a really super hard day for ALL the wives because they send their hubby's to work every single day not knowing what might happen? And a ceremony like this is a big huge reminder when they might be living their regular days in desperate attempts at denial and then they have to go to something like this and be faced with that possibility head on and bring their children to it and have the added burden/dilemma of how to explain it to a child? They have to try their hardest to look nice at a "work related" event because for hubbies it's a work function. I think you are right OP those ladies were way out of line and probably a little jelly, but that's no excuse this is a time when ALL the attendees needed some support and its just not nice to do that. I guess women want men in uniform THAT bad that they can't even tell when to have empathy. Thank you from a wife who appreciates knowing that the next time I face a room full of problematic people maybe, just maybe I can take comfort in knowing there might still be one or two level heads and sensitive hearts like you who can see through all the outward appearances to the humanity in us all.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

I knew he was talking about washrooms. But, I didn't understand what disrespect he was talking about. And in my experience the women's rooms are very clean and well cared for. The men's rooms are gross and dirty and trashed.

I constantly hear women complain about host nasty their restroom's are. I have also heard cleaning people say they are much nastier than the men's.

Women like the restroom clean, so they complain when it is not pristine. But, when they are forced to go into the men's room, they feel very thankful for the women's room. This is silly.

Sorry, but complaints about bloody hygiene products is not an issue about wanting pristine

I guess I frequent different bathrooms than you do.

Well if someone other than myself brought it up, clearly it isn't a stereotype I created.
  • InnerConflict
    Options

I knew he was talking about washrooms. But, I didn't understand what disrespect he was talking about. And in my experience the women's rooms are very clean and well cared for. The men's rooms are gross and dirty and trashed.

I constantly hear women complain about host nasty their restroom's are. I have also heard cleaning people say they are much nastier than the men's.

You've heard cleaning people say that? I don't believe you. :happy:

Unfortunately I was once a supervisor of a female dominated staff, so I had to hear these complaints all the time. Actually had to expand the contract with the cleaning company to provide more frequent cleanings.

Female dominated staff means more women which means more use of that bathroom.

Or perhaps we can aim better than you can "hover."
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Women like the restroom clean, so they complain when it is not pristine. But, when they are forced to go into the men's room, they feel very thankful for the women's room. This is silly.

Sorry, but complaints about bloody hygiene products is not an issue about wanting pristine

Well if someone other than myself brought it up, clearly it isn't a stereotype I created.

I've had a different experience. This is the first time I have ever heard this. I am being honest. I'm not sure why this matters to you so much. I find this interaction to be very odd.

p.s. I don't hover. I sit on the seat. Please leave me alone now.
  • InnerConflict
    Options

I've had a different experience. This is the first time I have ever heard this. I am being honest. I'm not sure why this matters to you so much. I find this interaction to be very odd.

It really doesn't matter to me. You offered your opinion on a post and I offered mine.

If you have issues with people responding to something you say on a message board, perhaps you shouldn't post on one.

The word ODD comes to my mind as well.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

It really doesn't matter to me. You offered your opinion on a post and I offered mine.

If you have issues with people responding to something you say on a message board, perhaps you shouldn't post on one.

The word ODD comes to my mind as well.

Good, I'm glad we both agree that this was an odd divergence away from the OP.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    you only have to look in a womens public loo to know they have no respect for each other

What?...

I'm confused also.

Loo=restroom. They are saying women have dirty public restroom which proves they have no respect for each other. Maybe in countries that say loo, but unsure that's a problem here, at least not the ladies rooms I visit. But I do have to say, once i find one that is in less than pristine condition and if it's an emergency situation, i do the squat which only makes matters worse. Usually i have sanitizer and tissues in my purse so i'm able to leave it in decent condition.

tumblr_lvgxceUdDH1r2fzujo1_500.gif

I also don't understand why he is looking into the women's room in the first place.

Funny, I have mostly founf the opposite to be true. The ladies room trashed, and the men's room clean and fairly tidy (other than that piddle at the base of the urinal... Men stand closer.. It's smaller than you think).
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow it got so weird in here.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    you only have to look in a womens public loo to know they have no respect for each other

What?...

I'm confused also.

Loo=restroom. They are saying women have dirty public restroom which proves they have no respect for each other. Maybe in countries that say loo, but unsure that's a problem here, at least not the ladies rooms I visit. But I do have to say, once i find one that is in less than pristine condition and if it's an emergency situation, i do the squat which only makes matters worse. Usually i have sanitizer and tissues in my purse so i'm able to leave it in decent condition.

tumblr_lvgxceUdDH1r2fzujo1_500.gif

I also don't understand why he is looking into the women's room in the first place.

Funny, I have mostly founf the opposite to be true. The ladies room trashed, and the men's room clean and fairly tidy (other than that piddle at the base of the urinal... Men stand closer.. It's smaller than you think).

I'm sorry. I had a different experience, and I mistakenly thought other people had the same experience. My eyes have been opened. I'm sorry if this was offensive to men.
  • InnerConflict
    Options

I promise I am done with the off topic
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    This is the main reason most of my women friends are my sisters plus a couple I have had for life. Other than that I don't get along with my "own" kind for this reason and mainly have guy friends.
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    this is why i am thankful i work with mostly men. none of that crap.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I feel for you OP...honestly, it goes in one ear and out the other for me. I've learned to be comfortable in my own skin for the most part. And while I'm rarely the object of such cattiness, I won't tolerate it either. You called them out on it..they'll remember and prolly feel a bit of shame for it at some point. If not, they are a lost cause anyway.

I do prefer to think the best of people...delusional maybe, but I think most people are nice.

:drinker: here's hoping anyway.

tumblr_mldjvvNI0Z1r6uouqo1_500.gif
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Catty women?
    I am sorry. That is sexist. Jealousy, and the need to bring down someone we might envy, is a human thing.
    Why does it get solely attributed to women?
    It is cruel and unnecessary and petty no matter who does it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I'm sorry. I had a different experience, and I mistakenly thought other people had the same experience. My eyes have been opened. I'm sorry if this was offensive to men.

No apology needed. No offense was done.

I was just lending my experience from my days when I was having to clean the staff bathrooms at my work, and what the janitors say here in my current postion about the separate facilities.

In my last position, I had unisex restrooms. They were always trashed. On the days we had guys, it was different issues than the days when it was working with all females. The female days it was more the trash: Paper towels on the floor, crap left in the sink, the occasional attempted flushed tampon (despite the signage saying not to).

With the guys it was more the urine on the seat and the floor, and that not so consistently. Both were messy, but the women's was more visible, and not so unhygenic.

Edited because I accidentally hit the button in passing before finshing my thoughts, and clarity checking.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I've worked with all women, and with all men....now its probably 90/10 male/female ratio. I have to say...some guys can be just as bad, or worse than women when it comes to that stuff, but I'd still NEVER willingly take a job in an office with all women every again :noway:
  • imp8tient1
    imp8tient1 Posts: 25
    Options
    They are just incredibly jealous. I love the comments that I've been reading! Support women, not beat them down, after all, THEY are women, too! We just can't all look like Angelina Jolie. I wonder if men in other offices did that, when they looked at the male officers? I'm sure they did not. I would think the gals in your office would be very embarrassed to talk like that....shows extreme insecurity! Hang in there, sounds like you are in the minority.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    No, they're not all catty. I have a tight group of RL girl friends and they're lovely people.

When you're happy with how you look yourself and confident about the person you are yourself you don't need to put other women down to make yourself feel better. I've never understood it.

I don't like those kind of women and I don't engage in that kind of petty BS.

It's ugly and toxic.

Yes!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Catty women? Sure some are. And there are plenty of d-bagtastic men out there too. Just avoid them and don't start stereotyping based on the special cases. Funny enough,but people don't like it and it reflects poorly on you.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

I promise I am done with the off topic
    Oh that's okay, I wasn't overly fond of the topic. Just making an observation.:smile: