Catty Women

Options

Replies

• InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Are all women catty? Pretty much the same thing as "are all black people lazy?" Not cool.

20070428062644!Cracker.snack.bread.jpg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, women are catty.....
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    you only have to look in a womens public loo to know they have no respect for each other, and being catty is just an extension of that disrespect...
  • ritar4
    ritar4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Anecdotally, I can relate to the OP premise that women are catty. I would add that they can be very mean to each other even to the point of undermining each other. Maybe it depends on the type of work they do? I worked in a law office years ago and did some temp work at other law offices. Legal secretaries can be vicious towards each other, believe me! Years later, I became a nurse. There is a saying that "nurses eat their young" and boy, is that true! They even had us go to a seminar in nursing school for "lateral violence in Nursing". The overwhelming message given to us at that seminar was that women are mean to other women. Maybe in Nursing, its the give, give, give and caring of patients that makes us take out our frustration on each other. I don't know but I've worked with male nurses, and I'm here to tell you that they are a dream to work with! They don't involve themselves with the petty stuff. I would work with a male nurse over a female any day. Just my experience, but OP, I hear ya!

My husband says that men can be bad because of the constant b@ll busting, but I'd take that over the petty insults, gossip, insinuations, mind games, emotional outbursts and moodiness of women.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    you only have to look in a womens public loo to know they have no respect for each other

What?...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    you only have to look in a womens public loo to know they have no respect for each other

What?...

I'm confused also.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Topic: Catty Women

You rang???
    3883573318_d1dc78656d.jpg

(Oops sorry, I thought this was an apb.)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to have the friends I have in life, and I plan to hold on to them and cherish them as long as I live.

I've worked in office environments where there were toxic people and in office environments where people tended to be professional and mostly caring. I've been the subject of some extremely catty gossip from a group of women and men before. With my personal experience, the two people who caused the most damage and gossiped the most were men. It was a woman who stood up for me when the gossip started, brought the issue to my attention, brought it to my boss's attention, and backed me up when the time came to do something about it.

My guess is that these women really don't mean any harm, but they're insecure and envious. Maybe instead of judging them and distancing yourself, lead them to a different way of bonding by being a good example of kindness, and keep saying kind things about those they criticize.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

What?...

I'm confused also.

Loo=restroom. They are saying women have dirty public restroom which proves they have no respect for each other. Maybe in countries that say loo, but unsure that's a problem here, at least not the ladies rooms I visit. But I do have to say, once i find one that is in less than pristine condition and if it's an emergency situation, i do the squat which only makes matters worse. Usually i have sanitizer and tissues in my purse so i'm able to leave it in decent condition.

tumblr_lvgxceUdDH1r2fzujo1_500.gif
  • 58cayo
    58cayo Posts: 26
    Options
    Glad to know that you stood up to the "mean girls"

I've worked in a majority male workplace (military mechanics, civilian engineering) and let me tell ya, it's men too. You gotta take the good with the bad, that goes for people too.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Are all women catty? Pretty much the same thing as "are all black people lazy?" Not cool.

Incredulity.jpg

Did you really just say that? Seriously?

Still not sure what the problem is with her quote; unfortunately, many racist stereotypes about African Americans were popularized during post Civil War reconstruction and carried on through the decades.

She referenced one of the stereotypes as an analogy to generalizing a population of people and followed it with "not cool", which means that she thinks stereotypes are bad.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Nope. :flowerforyou:
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Most are. While it is true that I do not have A LOT of female friends because many are annoying, I don't have many male friends because of the same thing. I just don't have a lot of friends in general because of the state of people these days. I still give everyone the same chance though, and would not write people off as a whole. If you keep being social you will find a few gems eventually.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    *rolls eyes*

I feel incredibly uncomfortable and awkward around men.
    I have a small number of close female friends.

bout to open a can of worms here, but sorry ladies, I don't believe guys generally want to be your friends. They're just waiting to be moved out of the "friend zone"

*sits back with hands behind head for backlash*
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I find it incredibly inappropriate that you all were gawking at people who were attending a memorial. :huh: Stay classy, San Diego.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Incredulity.jpg

Still not sure what the problem is with her quote; unfortunately, many racist stereotypes about African Americans were popularized during post Civil War reconstruction and carried on through the decades.

She referenced one of the stereotypes as an analogy to generalizing a population of people and followed it with "not cool", which means that she thinks stereotypes are bad.

You're right it was, and there are people out there who still believe those stereotypes. Hearing racist statements doesn't offend my sensibility. I hear them all the time in my line of work. However, it is a very inflammatory topic, and can be divisive. So, why go there? It could serve to fuel those who continue to belive these things.

Why not just make something else up that's just as ridiculous, or pick a less inflammatory stereotype to attack? (all fat people are jolly?)

Maybe I am just sensitive havin glived in an area pinched between teh home of the Aryan Nation and the skinheads. I got so sick of their literature being left on my windshield while I was in classes or at work. It really caused quite a stir.
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    where i am there is one person who deffo brown noses all the time, and she deffo doesnt like me, because i cant be controlled..... most of the time its a control thing, and much as i love my job, she makes my daily life hell...but if i say something, I will be cast as the nasty one.......which annoys me even more.... and then stresses me out.....
    i would love it if she could be dealt with, but she sucks up to her favourites, even more to the bosses, and goads me all the time.....
    i know men can be the same, but seriously, these ppl really need to get a life, and stop hassling other peoples.....its puerile, and also very un attractive as a trait!!
    Glad to know that you stood up to the "mean girls"
    phew...that is all...
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Incredulity.jpg

You're right it was, and there are people out there who still believe those stereotypes. Hearing racist statements doesn't offend my sensibility. I hear them all the time in my line of work. However, it is a very inflammatory topic, and can be divisive. So, why go there? It could serve to fuel those who continue to belive these things.

Why not just make something else up that's just as ridiculous, or pick a less inflammatory stereotype to attack? (all fat people are jolly?)

Maybe I am just sensitive havin glived in an area pinched between teh home of the Aryan Nation and the skinheads. I got so sick of their literature being left on my windshield while I was in classes or at work. It really caused quite a stir.

I agree in that she could have went for something a little more subtle!!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I work in an office that is only women. Today on the lawn they are holding a ceremony to honor fallen officers, so there are a lot of police officers outside getting ready. Most of us are hanging at the window drooling over the eye candy because, well, who doesn't love a man in uniform? Anyways, one of the officer's wife walks up with their son and she is drop dead gorgeous. All of the women start making comments. "Oh, my god! Look at her hair! It has to be bleached." "Her boobs are too big for her body. They are fake." And on and on. I mean they referred to her as being a prostitute and everything else. I'm sitting there thinking that I couldn't imagine being this woman and feeling that kind of venom just for being pretty. I spoke up and said that I bet she's super nice and called them out on it, but they didn't care. This is why I don't have many female friends. Are all women so catty?

Yes, unfortunately many women are catty like that. Two types of women I *HATE* and avoid like the plague are catty women and dramatic women (you know, the types that always make every little thing into a huge drama), and often those two go together. :angry: I just can't stand to be around it. It's sick, cruel, and disgusting to me so I avoid women like that as much as I can.

That being said, there are many women who aren't like that at all. There are many kind, fun, loving, non-catty, drama-free women out there who are just all-around awesome! Search for them and you'll find them!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I work in an office with a predominantly female staff, and they are professional and classy. In fact, the biggest drama queen is one of the men. It never occurred to me, however, to ask "Are all men catty?" based on limited experiences with a small group of people.