'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have preferences too, but I'd never say them out loud, I just dated guys who I was physically attracted to. I think people who make those kinds of statements are secretly attracted to that very type of person, but are too cowardly to pursue such due to their own insecurities or fear of pubic perceptions.

Right on the money!
  • obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

Everyone has preferences. Some people don't like fat chicks, and that's cool. But I think to outright say 'I WILL not date ______ girls/guys' is stupid. Completely disqualifying someone based on physical attributes is pointless. My preference is tall lanky tattooed guys. But boyfriend of 2 1/2 years? Stocky without any ink. But I'm wildly attracted to him! Obviously i'm not saying you should date someone you're not attracted to, but at the end of the day, even if you have preferences you never know for sure what exactly will attract you to a person.

There are some fat girls who are 'nasty, stinky, lazy', etc. There are also some thin girls who are 'nasty, stinky, lazy' etc. You can't judge what a person will be like simply based on their weight/ethnicity/hair color/*choose your poison*.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying

That's crazy talk! Like there's a woman out there who isn't ;)
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The primary issue is in them SAYING that. A simple "not interested" should suffice.

And I wouldn't get bent out of shape. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that are too big for you/to unattractive for you.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Well you don't date *kitten* either, so that makes you even.

“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”

― Dita Von Teese
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Everyone likes what they like. More for us lovers of the thickness anyways.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”

― Dita Von Teese

Even the WORD Peach is delicious
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    frankly - I would be grateful that he revealed himself as a douche before I had to find out the hard way. Better he be an honest open douche than one that tricks you into thinking he is nice and then BAM major douche.

I don't know why it bothers you so much... nothing is more unattractive to me than a person like that.. just nasty!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

― Dita Von Teese

This
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority - everyone has their preference and the right to it. We all have the things that make us alert and attracted.

That said, I would never automatically discredit somebody based on a couple of arbitrary factors. Some people do, and let them; it'll be their loss in the long run. I have left wing political views, but I'd still date someone on the other side providing they were not a total a-hole. I would never automatically go "Nah, I'm not going out with him because he doesn't earn xxx or hasn't got a degree" because that's just silly, for me. Same with weight. Sure, I may prefer the slightly skinny tall guy, but I'm sure as hell not going to pass on somebody who may complete me because he's 20lbs above the ideal weight.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    insecurities or fear of pubic perceptions.
    I chuckled at the notion.
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'm afraid my husband will leave me for a chubby girl when I reach my goal!!! LOL

There's someone for everyone.
    Don't worry you'll find your great match. :wink:
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL this soooo sounds like me my husband likes chubby girls LMBO
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My ex-BF always said he'd never date a big girl... From what I saw he only dates big girls - the girl before me was big, I was big, his new girl is big, I guess his idea of a big girl and mine are different.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their preferences, but there's a difference in having a preference and going out of your way to be an *kitten* about it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think that they think all that about a person just because they are big. Some people just don't find overweight people attractive. We're attracted to what we're attracted to.
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    I think everybody has preferences and deal breakers, period.

^this^
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their preferences, but there's a difference in having a preference and going out of your way to be an *kitten* about it.

Exactly what I was going to say.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?
    My feelings are yuo mad?

You don't have to like EVERY ice cream flavor.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it's a matter of respect, i don't prefer big girls. There are things that comes to mind but i keep it to myself.