'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Get over it ..

you can label me what you want but i wouldnt want to date a big girl simply because they are awkward to handle and not as athletic in the "lady surfing" department , nor are they attractive to me personally... It doesnt make me a douche because who would argue i should date a big girl knowing the relationship would be doomed to failure from the start.

your lack of tact makes you a douche. truth hurts.

Am i not allowed to respect myself and select a mate i find attractive, gentle kind and fun to be with rather than drift into a relationship as the majority do ??? I s it really so untactful to to voice my opinion just as you have and just because you dont like what you hear is it tactfull for you to be calling me a douche !!

theres nothing wrong with you wanting to date who you want to date, its just that you have no tact, which is causing you to state your opinions in a tactless manner.

if you would like me to use another term, your lack of tact makes you come across as a buffoon. that is to say, your current behaviour is buffoonery. possibly, and most likely a majority of the time you do not engage in such buffoonery.

does that clear it up?

Not really ... all i ve learned is open discussion is not welcomed on toutchy subjects and you will be heckled if you attempt to present a case someone doesnt like. I m not one for censorship in this manner, am known for my blunt honesty and practice it in a relationship in comunicating on all levels.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I think if you are basing any major part of your mate selection on something as fleeting as physical attraction you are already dooming yourself to an unhappy relationship. Physical attraction should be a nice to have not a deal breaker.

Really? See I think physical attraction is a major part of a relationship, but each to their own and all that...I think if you don't find your partner sexually/physically attractive then they risk slipping into the friend category in years to be. This is only MY opinion and not fact of course. A relationship is made up of so many different parts, but attraction is a big part I feel. I lost it with my Ex and eventually it eroded the whole relationship, but that was down to the way he acted, the things he did, I lost respect and attraction, and everything really. Anyway....:laugh:
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have preferences too, but I'd never say them out loud, I just dated guys who I was physically attracted to. I think people who make those kinds of statements are secretly attracted to that very type of person, but are too cowardly to pursue such due to their own insecurities or fear of pubic perceptions.

I do say it out loud and I would (very nicely) disagree with the secret attraction, for example .... a guy could be gorgeous, funny, smart, but if he turns around and that derriere does NOT look like 2 eggs in a handkerchief or 2 squirrels fighting in a bag or I can't bounce a 20 pence piece off it then the deal is well and truly broken.

*sigh*

:wink:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I think if you are basing any major part of your mate selection on something as fleeting as physical attraction you are already dooming yourself to an unhappy relationship. Physical attraction should be a nice to have not a deal breaker.

Really? See I think physical attraction is a major part of a relationship, but each to their own and all that...I think if you don't find your partner sexually/physically attractive then they risk slipping into the friend category in years to be. This is only MY opinion and not fact of course. A relationship is made up of so many different parts, but attraction is a big part I feel. I lost it with my Ex and eventually it eroded the whole relationship, but that was down to the way he acted, the things he did, I lost respect and attraction, and everything really. Anyway....:laugh:

think about the things that annoy you most and you'll probably realize that physical attraction is less important than you think... imagine you could have anyone in the world, but, I could change everything about them but their appearance... yeah, I would make you hate them... literally hate them with a passion.. thats to me says physical attraction must be less than 50% of what matters because it cant outweigh the horrible personality and habits i could dream up. i dont even mean anything extreme either. And it pretty much goes without saying that more attractive people are, generally speaking, more conceited, vain, self absorbed, and egotistical. Get 100 fitness models in a room with 100 overweight individuals and ask them a series of questions about how they see themselves and you'll see where the cards lay.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't date guys that wear skinny jeans.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You lack tact and you're a douche.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine to have physical preferences. Everyone does. It's kinder and more useful to state them in terms of what you do prefer instead if in terms of what you don't prefer. Telling someone you don't find them attractive when they didn't ask is mean and unnecessary.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    For some reason I am imagining a lost hopeless girl saying..'but... whhhhhhyyyyy?' and the guy going 'I dont date big girls', and the girl running off sobbing someone is being mean to her.

Probably not how it went down.. but I have seen this happen. Sometimes the truth does hurt. I guess when I was big(ger) I lacked the self confidence to ask someone out, for them to tell me they dont date big girls, though I never had an issue with being lonely either.

When my husbands friend came up playing matchmaker at work, and asked if I was single and taking dates... haha... I asked.. It depends.. Is he under 40? Does he have all his teeth? and does he smell good? My standards would probably be a bit higher now... but I guess I didnt have much tact then either.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

But these aren't skinny jeans, I just have fat legs
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well I would like to retain the right to prefer smaller framed women if that;'s all right w/ you, lol. I'm kinda sick of everyone lecturing about how we should all think nowadays to be perfectly honest. I married a smaller framed women and if I was still dating I would prefer to date smaller framed women. This is a personal preference just like for example the fact that I prefer brunettes w/ dark brown eyes. Maybe I would consider saying it in a different way if it would make you feel better though. But if it makes me a "jerk" to prefer smaller women over large women then so be it. Really though....what's next?!?
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    It's shallow, beauty comes from with in not whats on the outside. Yes everybody has preferences but to voice them out loud and offend the person is uncalled for.
  • reliantlouise
    Options
    I don't? I Don't know what it is I just don't find black men attractive? :/
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

lol, high 5!
  • nikilis
    Options

I'm starting to enjoy this more and more :P lol.
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    It makes it easier to weed out the people not worth my time.
    And you can't please everyone [just like not everyone will please you], that's life.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

This forum isnt big enough for 2 "douches" - i m the only douche on here !
  • nikilis
    Options

This forum isnt big enough for 2 "douches" - i m the only douche on here !

now its a party!
  • snowbunny40
    Options
    I think it's an offensive thing to say and I think you're right that anyone who assumes 'big' girls are lazy, stinky, etc. are just idiots.

However, I also think it's fine for people to have preferences. I'm not attracted to big men (whether it be "fat" or even if they're "big" as in "super ripped"). That doesn't mean it's wrong to be a big man, it just means I, personally, am not attracted to them. I probably will never date a big man, because even if I loved his personality, there would be no attraction there for me. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

there are some things that happen in peoples lives that make it difficult for a person to be attracted to big people (whether it be fat or muscle)
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options

:laugh: brilliant :flowerforyou:

In all seriousness, I have a particular type that I go for, most people do...If someone isn't attracted to bigger girls then surely the easiest option is not to date them, no? :laugh:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I think people are attracted to what they're attracted to. Physical attraction is important and if "big girls" don't do it for you, it's probably best for both people to keep looking. There's no shame in that.