'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why do people need to be politically correct about who they are sexually attracted to?
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have a thing for tall guys because I'm 5'9. I did date a guy that was a bit shorter than me and it just didn't feel right. He was very smart and good looking, but I couldn't ignore the height thing. We didn't break up because of that, but it did matter because I was a bit unconfortable walking with him on the street.
    I gave the 'not really my type' relationship a chance and it wasn't ok.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    This (US) is a culture of liars. If public opinion isn't congruent with your views than you should lie in public. Blunt honest truth is said to be good but in reality the blunt honest truth makes you a douche. Nonsensical nonsense.
  • christinevalentine
    christinevalentine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I consider it a good thing, helps me weed out the D-Bags straight up..
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    why do people need to be politically correct about who they are sexually attracted to?

Exactly my thoughts. Why do we all have to be so fluffy all the time? I like what I like, I wouldn't feel the need to be apologetic for it personally.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options

Why do we need to be politically correct about anything?
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Who really says that nowadays?

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

What are your feelings about that?

Ummm did anyone actually verbalise those thoughts? (ie the nasty, stinky, lazy etc) Because unless they did then YOU are the one who has decided that's what they are thinking. As others have said I think it's fine to have physical preferences. If you are so narrow minded that you will never consider anyone outside them then that may be your loss but honestly, if I'm not someone's type physically I'd rather just know that from the start.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

It really bothers me when some, and I repeat, some guys think 'big girls' are nasty, stinky, lazy, and whatever other degrading adjective comes to mind. Seriously, those kind of guys need to get over that thought because it makes them look like a cocky, dumb, *kitten*.

as a skinny girl?

it's a helpful indication that the guy is a complete jerk and not worth my time. yes, we all have personal preferences. we all have little things that stop a person being attractive to us. but anyone who feels the need to publicly voice one of those, knowing full well it will upset and offend? clearly he only sees value in a woman if she's hot. he's a shallow, obnoxious turd and he's not good enough to lick my boots.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    it's not about being pc, it's about having manners.

there are many ways to turn a person down without picking out what you see as their flaws.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I think if you are basing any major part of your mate selection on something as fleeting as physical attraction you are already dooming yourself to an unhappy relationship. Physical attraction should be a nice to have not a deal breaker.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I think the problem here really relates more to tact.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with liking certain things and not liking others.

However, as my LGBT class discussed for something unrelated yet... strangely related to this (since I'm bringing it up, obviously!): You can express your preferences without being negative.

For example!
    "I love slim girls and think dark or tan skin is hot! I think being shy is okay but hope you open up to me!"
    vs
    "No fatties, pasty-skin ghosts, or shut-ins!"

Positivity makes a difference!

And really, how hard is it to just say you're simply not interested in a polite way rather than having to point out why?
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    This is something that, somehow, I've never encountered... and I've been over 200 pounds for the last 12 years. Actually, in the last few years, where I've weighed the most, I've also had the most self-confidence... and run into more guys being interested in me.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Get over it ..

you can label me what you want but i wouldnt want to date a big girl simply because they are awkward to handle and not as athletic in the "lady surfing" department , nor are they attractive to me personally... It doesnt make me a douche because who would argue i should date a big girl knowing the relationship would be doomed to failure from the start.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Get over it ..

you can label me what you want but i wouldnt want to date a big girl simply because they are awkward to handle and not as athletic in the "lady surfing" department , nor are they attractive to me personally... It doesnt make me a douche because who would argue i should date a big girl knowing the relationship would be doomed to failure from the start.

your lack of tact makes you a douche. truth hurts.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Why do we need to be politically correct about anything?

Because theres's always some oversensitive priss just waiting to get offended at what we say/do.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Get over it ..

Am i not allowed to respect myself and select a mate i find attractive, gentle kind and fun to be with rather than drift into a relationship as the majority do ??? I s it really so untactful to to voice my opinion just as you have and just because you dont like what you hear is it tactfull for you to be calling me a douche !!

At the end of the day everyone on here is trying to lose weight as they are not content with themselves and not happy being big - why should i be happy with them if they are not content with themselves...... see the irony there !!!!???
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options

Everyone has preferences. Some people don't like fat chicks, and that's cool. But I think to outright say 'I WILL not date ______ girls/guys' is stupid. Completely disqualifying someone based on physical attributes is pointless. My preference is tall lanky tattooed guys. But boyfriend of 2 1/2 years? Stocky without any ink. But I'm wildly attracted to him! Obviously i'm not saying you should date someone you're not attracted to, but at the end of the day, even if you have preferences you never know for sure what exactly will attract you to a person.

There are some fat girls who are 'nasty, stinky, lazy', etc. There are also some thin girls who are 'nasty, stinky, lazy' etc. You can't judge what a person will be like simply based on their weight/ethnicity/hair color/*choose your poison*.

Yup.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I don't begrudge anyone for not being attracted to me. You really can't control that. I'm not attracted to 99% of the population.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Get over it ..

Am i not allowed to respect myself and select a mate i find attractive, gentle kind and fun to be with rather than drift into a relationship as the majority do ??? I s it really so untactful to to voice my opinion just as you have and just because you dont like what you hear is it tactfull for you to be calling me a douche !!

theres nothing wrong with you wanting to date who you want to date, its just that you have no tact, which is causing you to state your opinions in a tactless manner.

if you would like me to use another term, your lack of tact makes you come across as a buffoon. that is to say, your current behaviour is buffoonery. possibly, and most likely a majority of the time you do not engage in such buffoonery.

does that clear it up?