Girls wear certain clothes when they are looking

Options

Replies

• obeseandsassy
    obeseandsassy Posts: 118
    Options
    K I'm out.

http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/what-is-slut-shaming/

Apparently some people need to know exactly what it is I'm talking about. If you care about being a decent human being, educate yourself.

There's a good read.

Seriously though, Bates Motel time.

ALSO, chelledbrown, cookie dough forever.

No. I don't have to agree with you, and I am educated, just with a different opinion.

Feminism and womens rights have nothing to do with sleeping around. Don't try and turn it into something it isn't.

Not educated on this subject apparently, since you think women's rights have nothing to do with women's sexuality. It has.. a lot to with that.

^this.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    maybe yall should watch this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktRTYNsLtGM&lc
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

^this.

I feel a bit sad that people actually think the whole womens rights struggle was based on sexuality alone..

Guess you don't want to work, vote, be counted as an equal in society, as long as you can sleep with whom you please.

Just out of interest, why do some women with this opinion often condemn men for using women, and all men being *kitten*? We should look to end double standards, not encourage them.
  • obeseandsassy
    Options

^this.

I feel a bit sad that people actually think the whole womens rights struggle was based on sexuality alone..

Guess you don't want to work, vote, be counted as an equal in society, as long as you can sleep with whom you please.

I feel it's a bit sad that. . .that's what you got out of people saying that womens sexuality is a PART of feminism. Not nearly all. Or are you one of those people who likes to deliberately misconstrue what other people say because you like the drama?
  • emmalouc93
    Options

^this.

I feel it's a bit sad that. . .that's what you got out of people saying that womens sexuality is a PART of feminism. Not nearly all. Or are you one of those people who likes to deliberately misconstrue what other people say because you like the drama?

No.

I'm simply saying women shouldn't be using it as an excuse to sleep around, nothing more or less.

Sexuality had a minor part to play in women having rights, and it still has a minor part today. We are equal in many ways, so why do some women feel the need to be 'liberated sexually' with many partners? You can be sexually liberated with one person. Not twenty.
  • obeseandsassy
    Options

^this.

No.

I'm simply saying women shouldn't be using it as an excuse to sleep around, nothing more or less.

use what as an excuse to sleep around? feminism? why shouldn't they?

the point is, a woman (or a man, for that matter) is in control of her own body. she has the right to have as much, or as little sex as she chooses, with as many or as few partners as she likes. as long as it's safe and consensual. the point is, a woman should not be shamed for what she chooses to do with her sex life. period.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

We obviously have very different views of the world. To me having sex is not "giving yourself". It's just two people enjoying something they both want.
    I was not asking you to praise or adopt such behavior for yourself. I was just saying that it's not your place to choose what's "normal" for other people, or to judge them for their choices. A woman who has slept with 25 guys is not less worthy than one who only had one partner.

If you were born in '93, like your name suggests, your "later in life" didn't happen yet.

Yes, and that's what is so great about society, not everyone has the same view on life. I never asked otherwise, rather, everyone else wants me to agree with their lifestyle.

I gave you my personal definition of normal, everyone has a different once, do I need to clarify it anymore? Why take everything as a personal attack?

No, but I assure you when it does, I can look back and say I treated myself fairly and regarded sex as a special thing. There's worse regrets to have than taking consideration for who you give yourself to, which is what sex essentially is, even if you call it something else. It's an important thing, but it has now been degraded to something common, because people take it so lightly as if it is nothing. In this society, you're looked down on for having respect for your sexuality.

I assure you, I did not take it as a personal attack, as I don't even fit your definition for the word "*kitten*". I may fit your definition for "dressing like a *kitten*" occasionally.
    All I am saying is, sex is an important thing for you, you view it as a special thing, something you offer to the right partner. That's great, really, more power to you! That's your "normal". I will not judge you for it.

Holding other people to your standards and belittling them for not meeting said standards, is where you're wrong. You talk about a society where you're looked down for having respect for your sexuality, yet you look down on those who choose a path different than yours when it comes to it.
  • emmalouc93
    Options

^this.

No.

use what as an excuse to sleep around? feminism? why shouldn't they?

Because its undermining something a lot more important than just getting sexual gratification, or at least it should be.

There are more important things in life than sexual pleasure.
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options

^this.

No.

Sexuality had a minor part to play in women having rights, and it still has a minor part today. We are equal in many ways, so why do some women feel the need to be 'liberated sexually' with many partners? You can be sexually liberated with one person. Not twenty.
    See the polyamorous side of me has a problem with this statement.
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    Holding other people to your standards and belittling them for not meeting said standards, is where you're wrong. You talk about a society where you're looked down for having respect for your sexuality, yet you look down on those who choose a path different than yours when it comes to it.

Bingo!!
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    K I'm out.

http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/what-is-slut-shaming/

Apparently some people need to know exactly what it is I'm talking about. If you care about being a decent human being, educate yourself.

There's a good read.

Seriously though, Bates Motel time.

ALSO, chelledbrown, cookie dough forever.

No. I don't have to agree with you, and I am educated, just with a different opinion.

Feminism and womens rights have nothing to do with sleeping around. Don't try and turn it into something it isn't.

Not educated on this subject apparently, since you think women's rights have nothing to do with women's sexuality. It has.. a lot to with that.

In part, yes. But I'm pretty sure the movement of womens rights was not SOLELY started on the basis women should sleep around. You're undermining it if that is what you think. They fought for the right to work, vote, and be equal to men. Don't twist that for your own gain.

Uh, did I say it's solely about women sleeping around? No, I said it has a lot to do with women's sexuality.

You're absolutely ridiculous when you attempt to argue. I'm not twisting ****, lady. You are.
  • emmalouc93
    Options

Everyone has some standard in life, and holds everyone else to that in a personal fashion. No one can say they honestly do not. Otherwise, we would not have opinions, and we wouldn't have our own identities. If you do not agree with something like murder (dramatic comparison, I know) you are not going to say it's ok by your standards, but of course it is ok by a murderers standards. As I said, too dramatic to compare, the point is not everyone has the same standards but you personally hold the world to yours. Not someone elses.

I don't look down on people, but if there's a time it comes up and I am given a chance to voice my opinion with others, I will do it.

As I said many times in this thread, I do not simply look down on people that do it, I look down on the people that do it and expect everyone to love them for it. I look down on women and men that sleep around, yet wonder why they can't find a nice guy/girl.

Girls will not respect a man that sleeps and plays off loads of girls, and you can dispute that, but chances are, if it happened to you it would upset you like any normal person, and vice versa.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Quote studies please beez. To back up your assertion that women who shave their legs and wear heels are looking for sex.

So, the converse is also true? Women who don't shave their legs and who wear flats are discouraging sexual attention?

^^^ LOL this! I shave my legs and occasionally wear heels but I'm not looking for sex, smh
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

WouldNOTbang/10

Pls stop. You aren't even hot. I would bang all of these cougars before I'd go near your overly-clothed behind. Please, show me some skin.

Trust me, no sleep lost over that!

Good, you may be in luck with that one. Enjoy!

On an end note, if you all want to be *kitten* and dress as such, no one is stopping you.

Just don't be surprised when you end up old and alone, crying, wondering why men use you and treat you bad.
    If a man treats a woman poorly, that is his fault entirely. I would not blame myself or the way I dress for that. I didn't plan on replying to any more of your responses because they're irritating and pointless, but it's just so obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • abrandnewme18
    abrandnewme18 Posts: 305
    Options
    MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD
  • emmalouc93
    Options
    Uh, did I say it's solely about women sleeping around? No, I said it has a lot to do with women's sexuality.

You're absolutely ridiculous when you attempt to argue. I'm not twisting ****, lady. You are.

If you say so, but I'm pretty sure the majority of sane women in this world didn't see women putting their lives on the line for us to have a better life as a reason to sleep with as many men as possible.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD

I'm on the lawn right now...where you at? :love:
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

If you say so, but I'm pretty sure the majority of sane women in this world didn't see women putting their lives on the line for us to have a better life as a reason to sleep with as many men as possible.

I can't even do anything but laugh at this.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

WouldNOTbang/10

Pls stop. You aren't even hot.

Maybe you're right, for all I know I'm not hot in the slightest.

According to these women, all men are disgusting and shouldn't even comment on what women look like anywho so, it's all good.
    No one has said that, not even once. I'm married, for one, and I'm sure several other people who've been commenting are as well. Either way, not once has anyone said that all men are disgusting. Can you even read?
  • emmalouc93
    Options
    If a man treats a woman poorly, that is his fault entirely. I would not blame myself or the way I dress for that. I didn't plan on replying to any more of your responses because they're irritating and pointless, but it's just so obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.

And vice versa. I don't think it is ok for women to use men for sex. That's my point.

Well, since this is a conversation based on opinion, neither you or I are wrong. You can put me down to no end for disagreeing, but at the end of the day, my opinion will be the same as will yours. You will meet many more people with my opinion in life.