Nice guys vs Bad boys

Options

Replies

• Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I used to think you could have the best of noth worlds, you can't. I don't think nice guys always finish last but if a bad boy is a true bad boy he knows what to say to get what he wants, so girls being blind/dumb sometimes fall for it. I know what I want and I would say I would much rather a nice guy but not a doormat.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I speak for just my self but I have realized after dating 'Bad Boys' that women don't generally know they are about to embark on a Bad Boy ride. Most bad boys tend to have more confidence, which is very attractive to women. A woman won't usually initiate a move and usually relies on a man to do so. And the chances of the bad boy making the first move, as opposed to the nice guy who is over-thinking his move waaaay too much are much higher. But once the woman finds out what the bad boy is all about, she'll go looking for that nice guy.

True. Bad boys generally tend to have more confidence (which could also be arrogance) that good boys. But a lot of good boys have confidence too and are able to make their moves on a women confidently and with great charm. However, and this is from my own personal experience, it tends to be the other way around. In other words, the moment she realises that she's with a good guy, she dumps him and before you know, she's traded him for a bad boy. I'm seriously not making this up. I've seen it happen so many times. From my own experience, it really does seem like for whatever mysterious reason, women, or at least most of them, are just not attracted to good boys. Obviously I'm probably wrong in more ways than one, but that's what I see a lot.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A nice guy who's a bad boy in bed. :laugh:
    THIS
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I don't do bad boys. Nice guys all the way.
    And not the ones who SAY they're nice guys but aren't.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I speak for just my self but I have realized after dating 'Bad Boys' that women don't generally know they are about to embark on a Bad Boy ride. Most bad boys tend to have more confidence, which is very attractive to women. A woman won't usually initiate a move and usually relies on a man to do so. And the chances of the bad boy making the first move, as opposed to the nice guy who is over-thinking his move waaaay too much are much higher. But once the woman finds out what the bad boy is all about, she'll go looking for that nice guy.

Nice people are required to assert their desires and needs too. The difference is that nice people don't lie to get what they want. Someone who won't make a move when he or she wants to express interest in another person is cowardly, not nice.
  • CarolElaine25
    CarolElaine25 Posts: 102
    Options

Nice people are required to assert their desires and needs too. The difference is that nice people don't lie to get what they want. Someone who won't make a move when he or she wants to express interest in another person is cowardly, not nice.

Or maybe they're just super shy. My boyfriend (a naturally nice guy with a naughty edge) is also very shy. He doesn't feel comfortable in most social situations and doesn't like to take the risk of offending those he might be interested in, as he knows he's not the most socially adjusted person. As a result, I ended up being the one to make all the first moves in our relationship. As someone who has been painfully shy in the past and who still feels some discomfort in social situations (though no where near as bad as I used to), I knew where he was coming from. I didn't take his reticence as cowardly at all.
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The bad boy that turns out to be a nice guy..

this.
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bad boys aint no good
    good boys aint no fun
    bad girls aint no good
    good girls aint no fun
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    How about neither? I like real men.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Oh I got this one!
    Sit down boys, lemme tell you a story.
    Being a "bad boy", and yelling sexually aggressive **** at me from across the parking lot make me RUN. **** is scary, Knock it off. Be sweet, shy smile from across the room. That's how it's done.
    You are welcome
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Nick Carter, some girls like nice guys.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Oh I got this one!
    Being a "bad boy", and yelling sexually aggressive **** at me from across the parking lot make me RUN. **** is scary, Knock it off. Be sweet, shy smile from across the room. That's how it's done.
    You are welcome

hmmmmm

so i must have it all wrong then lol. I am not shy, i fail.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Oh I got this one!
    You are welcome

hmmmmm

I can hardly see you chasing me down with a crazy face, saying crazy things.
    or would you... Lol
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My Mr is my nice guy :) not over nice or a *kitten* :) been together 3 years so its weren't just in the 'honeymoon' period. Been out with *kitten* and super nice guys but just in the middle is perfect ...... I do like the 'bad boy' look but manly bad boy
    Look not the guys who use more product than me :L
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Oh I got this one!
    You are welcome

hmmmmm

I can hardly see you chasing me down with a crazy face, saying crazy things.
    or would you... Lol

you know me lol

depends on how much you made me drink
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    A nice guy who's a bad boy in bed. :laugh:
    yup!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You all are letting your brains get in front of your biology ...
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I tried to be nice all of the time. Always got overlooked. I was always "like a brother". I started speaking my mind more and not worrying about trying to have everyone like me. I stopped trying to be "nice" all of the time. I was nice. Just not all of the time. I wasn't worried about offending anyone. The number of friends i had decreased but the quality of those that remained, increased dramatically.

Yeah i scared off more girls this way. The ones that stayed around were actually worth my time though so it worked out.
  • MagentaChallenger
    Options
    I tend to find my self attracted to the guy who is rough & cold on the outside but on the inside is caring and sweet; you just got to work your way to break through the shell to get to know who he really is.
  • Dubble81
    Dubble81 Posts: 90
    Options
    I find that a balance between the two is money in the bank. You know, the bad boy who throws off subtle hints that I might just be willing to change my naughty ways... for you.