Nice guys vs Bad boys

Options
167891012»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my husband is a nice person. I married him because he's nice and I can also sustain an intellectual conversation with, he's very interesting, has a great sense of humour and is also physically attractive. And when I say nice, I mean kind, considerate, caring and all of that. I wouldn't have considered marrying any guy who was "not nice", because I don't want to be in any kind of relationship (or even friends) with someone who's unkind, inconsiderate and uncaring about others.

Women are not going to drop their knickers and throw themselves at a man for no reason other than the fact that he's nice. Nice is important, it's in there along with "breathing", "has a pulse", "is human", "has good personal hygiene" etc.... but that's just the basics, he needs to be a lot more than just a nice human guy who has a pulse, is breathing and doesn't stink....
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Girls want a guy to buy them flowers, and cook them dinner.......then slap their *kitten* and pull their hair

:laugh: there's some truth to this
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    my husband is a nice person. I married him because he's nice and I can also sustain an intellectual conversation with, he's very interesting, has a great sense of humour and is also physically attractive. And when I say nice, I mean kind, considerate, caring and all of that. I wouldn't have considered marrying any guy who was "not nice", because I don't want to be in any kind of relationship (or even friends) with someone who's unkind, inconsiderate and uncaring about others.

Women are not going to drop their knickers and throw themselves at a man for no reason other than the fact that he's nice. Nice is important, it's in there along with "breathing", "has a pulse", "is human", "has good personal hygiene" etc.... but that's just the basics, he needs to be a lot more than just a nice human guy who has a pulse, is breathing and doesn't stink....

:flowerforyou:
  • AmberBelandria
    AmberBelandria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have dated a ton of bad boys and in my book its defined as Arrogant, all about themselves. No concern for you feelings, emotional, mental and physically abusive. I do not ever care to have a bad boy again. However I am attracted to a confident man who takes pride in his appearance. He beams with pride when his girl is on his arm. He is protective, kind, considerate, christian man. He treats his women like he would want a man to treat his mother with RESPECT!! I think the song goes a lady on the street but a freak in the bed. I think the same goes for men. I believe you treat someone how you want to be treat. Think in your mind if he/she were to do this would I get mad? If the answer is yes then don't do it. Things are so simple but people make them much harder then they need to be.
  • nicole_andan
    nicole_andan Posts: 127
    Options
    I dated plenty of bad boys (and not just a bit bad, plain old mean and dangerous!) I also dated some nice ones but got bored as there was no challenge! Then I met my husband who was a bit like me, mostly nice with a bit naughty thrown in and we had a lot of fun and then gradually settled and now we're still both mostly nice with a bit of naughty!

Best thing to have is a bit of balance, sweet is only nice with a bit of sour!
  • indigo_rose
    indigo_rose Posts: 250
    Options
    Girls want a guy to buy them flowers, and cook them dinner.......then slap their *kitten* and pull their hair

This ^
  • samischell
    samischell Posts: 40
    Options
    Nice guy in public .......bad boy under the sheets.... My hubby is a big biker with tatoos and a big ole teddy bear with our kids :) so a bit of both is my preference>
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Every guy is different. THAT's for sure.

I thought I had married a 'nice' guy (first husband)... Cheater.

I was in a serious relationship with a pretty serious 'Bad boy' and I still have a big soft spot for him in my heart... You cant help who you really love. :brokenheart: It's one of those things.. I had to let him go, but if he were to show up at my door, I dont know how I could say no or turn him away. And I know if I ever needed him for anything he'd be right there to help me with one phone call. (If he happened to not be in prison, LOL)

My husband now is another 'Good' guy, VERY straight and narrow... He hasnt been so 'nice' in the past either and has probably caused me the most emotional grief out of any of my exes.

A LOT of times things arent what they seem. Though I think I have had the best luck with the bad boys... Cant help it I guess.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I love bad boys, but they cant be trusted. Bad boys are fun, but I like to be waited on....not waiting around.

So nice guys that behave badly in bed works for Me.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are fun to play around with for awhile, but I married the good boy. A choice I'll never regret!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    oh-no-not-this-thread-again-thumb.jpg
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Dated the bad boy but married the nice guy. ;) Much happier for it!! The bad boys tend to cheat.
  • samsara18
    samsara18 Posts: 40
    Options
    Nice guys - but it all comes down to charisma and chemistry that 'je ne sais quoi!'
  • Natfacestuff
    Natfacestuff Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I only dated bad boys until the last one hurt me far too much. Bad boys are bad for a reason, they are fun, naughty, initimidating and will only really leave a girl hurt. Now dating a nice guy and I feel so secure and better about myself. I wish I could have known earlier you can have fun with nice guys too!