Nice guys vs Bad boys

Options

Replies

• runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Men are just men. In the end your will get phucked one way or another by them all. I welcome it.

wow!!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Not sure what qualifies for a "bad boy" anymore.

When I was younger it normally meant you had tattoos, had an attitude, and probbly been in the clink.

Now it seems to mean you are immature *kitten* that rides a crorch rocket, have a fohawk and a few cookie cutter tats or a wannabe thug.

Problem is that most women without daddy issues don't want a true bad boy, they want a guy that looks like a bad boy but is really a teddy bear.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    All I care about right now is if he'll help me pay off my student loans.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I feel first in love with a loser bad boy that I've known since high school.... he just ended up cheating on me when I was pregnant and has been a homeless mess for the past 7 years. He's been getting by all these years by wooing other girls with sweet talk to take care of him until they get fed up with him and kick him to the curb.

I'm now madly in love with a nice boy. Smart, handsome, clean-cut, hard worker, and career oriented. Nice boys are the way to go!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't think one size fits all...but I want a bad boy...who loves me enough to treat me well...I'm not a fan of being dumped on...but I do so love the bad boy, so I guess I'm in for the fantasy of bad boy turned nice for the right girl....hahahahah I'm such a girl!

tumblr_mmqdeqZMDU1rdwp01o1_500.gif

tumblr_mm9sm9AMqW1rzxulmo1_500.jpg
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think it's so hard just to categorize by "good" or "bad", I don't think I could create a complete definition of one. A mix of the two is good for me =P
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty dumb my whole adult life and only had bad boys, I have no idea what it would be like with a nice guy.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are for fun and nice guys are for marriage (not that nice guys aren't fun too but bad boys are NOT for serious relationships/marriage, they like to play too much. HAHA!)

yeah, that's what "nice guys" want to hear:
  • RockChickSarah
    Options
    I have had more than my fair share of *bad boys* reckon i'm a bit of a moron magnet, from women beaters, drug dealers, gang members to jail rebels, i seem to attract em all... decided enough was enough n have never looked back!!! Nice guys all the way for me... far less hassle... plus nice guys can be just as exciting with the right encouragement :wink:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am grateful for all the women that put me in the "friend zone" because I was a "nice guy." They saved me for the love of my life. The women who accepted me as I am, who loved being treated well and knew she didn't need a bad boy to enjoy life and be thrilled by life.
    This month will be out 19th wedding anniversary. We've been together for almost 24 years.
    A friend and I used to say it is true that nice guys sleep alone. But we can sleep with a clear conscience.
  • Derpes
    Options
    Bad boys are for fun and nice guys are for marriage (not that nice guys aren't fun too but bad boys are NOT for serious relationships/marriage, they like to play too much. HAHA!)

Guess what, while some women are "enjoying" bad boys, other women are scooping up the good guys early!! Then other women complain that men are awful. Do not blame us!!

In all fairness, many men say the same thing; some women are for hooking up with and others are marriage material, and the same thing happens - guys complain the same as women.

People want to have their cake and eat it too, but timing is critical.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

Guess what, while some women are "enjoying" bad boys, other women are scooping up the good guys early!! Then other women complain that men are awful. Do not blame us!!

In all fairness, many men say the same thing; some women are for hooking up with and others are marriage material, and the same thing happens - guys complain the same as women.

yeah, that's what "nice girls" want to hear.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    "nice guys finish last . .. " I think some people assume that if you are "nice," you are a "push over," the guy who walks around with a "kick me," sign on his back, or who is easily taken advantage of at work (particularly in a highly competitive industry) and in his personal life. However, men whom I consider "nice," are confident, sexy, and centered (not SELF-centered, but grounded about who they are).

When I started dating my husband, hehad a reputation at work as being a "bad" boy. However, I think much of it was based upon a stereotype of Latin males (he is Puerto Rican). His reputation was that of a "ladies' man," a "love'em and leave em," type. He even seem to walk with a swagger (always impeccably dressed, shoes spit shine). What I found was a man who genuinely enjoyed the company of women, being "nice," was natural and not forced, and he was "nice" to men as well.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am grateful for all the women that put me in the "friend zone" because I was a "nice guy." They saved me for the love of my life. The women who accepted me as I am, who loved being treated well and knew she didn't need a bad boy to enjoy life and be thrilled by life.
    This month will be out 19th wedding anniversary. We've been together for almost 24 years.
    A friend and I used to say it is true that nice guys sleep alone. But we can sleep with a clear conscience.

Agree.

I got put in the friend zone by a lot of women in part because I was too nice. I dated plenty but women would often move on when I was too boring. I didn't like going out to the bar every week, didn't ride a motorcycle, wasn't covered in tats, not tall, dressed sort of white and nerdy...ect.

However, all those women passing on me allowed me to be on the market when I met my wife and there is no doubt that I've found the only woman that I need.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Good men are more successful in dating, love and relationships than "nice guys" or "bad boys".

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!
  • Derpes
    Options

yeah, that's what "nice girls" want to hear.

It's worth noting that this is based on observation and not personal behavior. It is a cycle and a theme that continually repeats itself.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Good men are more successful in dating, love and relationships than "nice guys" or "bad boys".

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

Isn't good men and nice guys one and the same thing?
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My first husband was a bad boy. Huge mistake!

My girlfriend talked me into dating a nice guy, and seven years later we are happily married. Wow, what a difference! I will never get tired of being treated right and respecting my hubby!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    There are not just Nice Guys and Bad Boys, there are many types if guys. Trying to fit them all into two categories doesn't work. Which of these types I "belong" to largely depends on when you see mr and who I am interacting with.