Nice guys vs Bad boys

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Bad boys can be nice guys too. I mean, it really depends on what you mean by bad boys. I've never been interested in a man that didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated or one who doesn't treat me just as well as I treat him. I've always loved the nice guys, but the nice guys can have a naughty side ;)
    sweet innocent girls can have a naughty side as well !! ;-)

Really? You have experience with that? :wink:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Bad boys can be nice guys too. I mean, it really depends on what you mean by bad boys. I've never been interested in a man that didn't treat me the way I feel I deserve to be treated or one who doesn't treat me just as well as I treat him. I've always loved the nice guys, but the nice guys can have a naughty side ;)
    Oh Really !!!! Lol

You should know Mr. Naughty & Nice :heart:
    and how you know that !!! You got proof !! Lol

Not as much as you do! LOL
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Options
    sweet innocent girls can have a naughty side as well !! ;-)

Really? You have experience with that? :wink:
    have I ? Oh I do have some stories to tell !! ;-)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Bad boys are for fun and nice guys are for marriage (not that nice guys aren't fun too but bad boys are NOT for serious relationships/marriage, they like to play too much. HAHA!)

Nice guys you marry until you get bored with him and cheat with a bad boy. Even a bad boy you marry down the road you get bored cuz he isn't a bad boy anymore you broke him then cheat with another bad boy. lol
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My husband is a bit of a bad boy..he's got form for GBH, ABH, theft of motor cars, before we got married...and has even been in prison for fraud...yes he's been bad..but now is the most honest kind man I know.

Ok, here's the puke bucket.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I never dated a "bad boy"
    Jerks at times yes
    I like a "nice guy" that doesn't kiss my butt, hold his own, and adores me.
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh Really !!!! Lol

You should know Mr. Naughty & Nice :heart:
    and how you know that !!! You got proof !! Lol

Not as much as you do! LOL
    Lmao very true !! ;-) hehe
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I kick *kitten* nicely.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • joshuapack
    joshuapack Posts: 55
    Options
    This thread is making me depressed
  • tammigee13
    tammigee13 Posts: 18
    Options
    ooooh ok let's be honest! Me, personally, I like about an 80/20 mixture... everybody wants a challenge sometimes and I don't wanna feel like I can walk all over u... but from time to time, you may need to put me in my place...cuz I'm a handful.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    First, there's a difference between a "nice guy" and a "good man."

The stereotypical "nice guy" is the beta male who doesn't have the balls to demand any respect from women. He goes along with whatever a woman says or does and never disagrees with or questions her because he's terrified of the prospect of her walking away when she doesn't get exactly what she wants. That, or he thinks being "nice" is going to get him laid or at least get him extra bases. It's not attractive.

A good man is one who treats his woman with respect and does whatever he can to make her happy, but he isn't afraid to disagree with her because he knows what he believes and why, and he knows that if she loves and respects him, she wouldn't ask or want him to be less than he is.

The "bad boy" thing ... I think it's two-fold, where women are concerned. To one extent, women are attracted to men who seem a little rough around the edges because it's masculine. But on the other side of it, you have the real jerks and *kitten* who seem to attract women like moths to a flame, and I am convinced that that comes from some women not having good male role models in their lives. I am really fortunate that I've had several of them. My dad, my older brother, my grandfather ... because of their influence in my life, I know what a good man looks like, and I have no delusions of grandeur about saving a "bad boy" from self-destruction.
  • nicolefalle
    Options
    ^ this right here. If you need to clarify that you are indeed a "nice guy", you probably did something in the past to get you a bad reputation of not being a nice guy.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    ^ this right here. If you need to clarify that you are indeed a "nice guy", you probably did something in the past to get you a bad reputation of not being a nice guy.
    Or, alternately, you may be dealing with the fact that "nice guy," "bad boy," and "good man" are subjective terms.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    First, there's a difference between a "nice guy" and a "good man."

The stereotypical "nice guy" is the beta male who doesn't have the balls to demand any respect from women. He goes along with whatever a woman says or does and never disagrees with or questions her because he's terrified of the prospect of her walking away when she doesn't get exactly what she wants. That, or he thinks being "nice" is going to get him laid or at least get him extra bases. It's not attractive.

A good man is one who treats his woman with respect and does whatever he can to make her happy, but he isn't afraid to disagree with her because he knows what he believes and why, and he knows that if she loves and respects him, she wouldn't ask or want him to be less than he is.

The "bad boy" thing ... I think it's two-fold, where women are concerned. To one extent, women are attracted to men who seem a little rough around the edges because it's masculine. But on the other side of it, you have the real jerks and *kitten* who seem to attract women like moths to a flame, and I am convinced that that comes from some women not having good male role models in their lives. I am really fortunate that I've had several of them. My dad, my older brother, my grandfather ... because of their influence in my life, I know what a good man looks like, and I have no delusions of grandeur about saving a "bad boy" from self-destruction.

:love: :love: :love: :love:
    :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I found a guy that embodies both. He's confident without arrogance. Has the perfect blend of attitude and sarcasm, but has a heart of gold and is really super sweet and thoughtful. Oh and he's super sexy. In short, he's a keeper. : )
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I got lucky my husband was a nice guy in a bad boy shell.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Exactly this.

There is a famous saying "Marriage isn't about finding the right person, it is about being the right person".

I believe that many interactions are decided before they even begin. If you have a strong sense of self and grounded confidence then people pick up on some level that you have value. It makes life and relationships much easier.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for the rest of womankind, but I like when my man is kind, considerate, caring, attentive and sensitive. I like when he pulls out my chair and takes me to dinner for no reason other than wanting to "show me off". I love when I complain about having a "fat" day and he tells me how beautiful I am...

ON THE OTHER HAND I also love when I get filthy xxx rated text messages while I'm out with my friends, and bossed around in the bedroom.

I think there is confusion between a "good" man and a "pushover" maybe? If a guy is so nice that he never questions me or demonstrates any kind of backbone at all, that is a HUGE turn off. If a guy is so nice he won't pull a girl's hair when she asks him to... That's TOO nice.

TL;DR version: Guys? Be a gent in life and a *kitten* in the bedroom. Thanks.
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    oh hai

6iqgxk.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for the rest of womankind, but I like when my man is kind, considerate, caring, attentive and sensitive. I like when he pulls out my chair and takes me to dinner for no reason other than wanting to "show me off". I love when I complain about having a "fat" day and he tells me how beautiful I am...

ON THE OTHER HAND I also love when I get filthy xxx rated text messages while I'm out with my friends, and bossed around in the bedroom.

I think there is confusion between a "good" man and a "pushover" maybe? If a guy is so nice that he never questions me or demonstrates any kind of backbone at all, that is a HUGE turn off. If a guy is so nice he won't pull a girl's hair when she asks him to... That's TOO nice.

TL;DR version: Guys? Be a gent in life and a *kitten* in the bedroom. Thanks.

Well stated! A lot of women perceive my niceness as being a pushover or sexually weak. This is absolutely not the case.