TMI - gym underwear

Options

Replies

• kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been using compression underwear, especially for cardio, but thats to keep things in place :) Not sure if they're feasable/needed for women

Yea I did Insanity one time in boxer shorts and I think I performed a helipenis about 5 times. That was the last time I wore those.

*dies laughing* :laugh:

I don't care about VPL either and usually wear a long, distracting top. Big pants FTW!

I did see the Under Armour undies the other day though and thought they looked like a good option.
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    VS Yoga line- have many different cuts. I swear by them.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

Nope, I'm with you.
    Cotton underwear, ladies. That's where it's at. Absorb all the sweat and keep all the things clean.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nike and Under Armour both have good womens compression shorts. They are very different from boxers and work great for me.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Don't try to stop nature...it's ok...embrace it.

Where exactly do you work out?
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    i go commando too! I choose running shorts that have those built-in knickers (I guess it's a liner) and they are the most comfortable. With yoga pants, just commando. No panty lines to worry about. :laugh:

This!

I know alot of people think it is gross - Just make sure you are wiping down any machines you sit on to use :)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I go commando. I hate panty lines and I hate wearing thongs.. so commando it is!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I wear cotton, regular "pants" for exercising usually, sometimes I will wear a thong but heaven forbid it's not the exact right size for you and you will encounter some unpleasant problems. Particularly with running. :laugh:
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to crack jokes, but I always wondered why women didn't wear underwear when working out. It just seems with all the sweat and everything that would be a bit uncomfortable.

Guess I was wrong lol
  • PhattphlabbieAquarian
    Options
    If you're comfortable "commando" don't change a thing. So you get an occasional cameltoe. So what. Whatever works for you, keep doing it.
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Nope. I don't care either.

On the subject of thongs...I spend half my waking hours trying to keep my underwear out of there. I don't want underwear to ride all up IN there!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Cotton boy shorts are my preference - they absorb sweat, they don't ride up in uncomfortable ways, and the panty line falls in a less annoying place...
  • pennie63
    pennie63 Posts: 10
    Options
    LOL well this thread was good for a morning laugh!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm with trentwiggly -- I tried thongs once, and I couldn't take the floss effect. Blech.

And underwear at the gym ain't about the panty lines, it's about the "fishing" and the chafing. For me, anyway. Commando. And if I'm worried about the cameltoe, I just make sure my shirt is long enough to cover.

As for the unfortunate person who had to stand behind the commando w/the holey shorts -- YIKES. That is the one thing I live in fear of...
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

It doesn't bother me, either!

I wish I had advice OP, but a few panty lines are the least of my worries when I'm working out lol. I wear huge, ugly granny panties under my clothing and they're really comfortable. No wedgies over here! I usually change out of them immediately after my work out.

I hope you find something comfortable though!

Ditto to all of it. If you're really that concerned, get a good pair of underwear that are designed for workouts. I personally have a couple pairs from a local ballet store that are super comfy, seamless, etc. (Bonus: I get them for free when making a large purchase like new shoes or leos.) And yeah, I just change after my workout. Not a big deal.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Cotton boy shorts are my preference - they absorb sweat, they don't ride up in uncomfortable ways, and the panty line falls in a less annoying place...

THIS or yoga panties.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    VS no show or VS yoga
  • Scorchy
    Scorchy Posts: 12
    Options
    Please don't go commando if you're wearing yoga pants that become a bit see-through when you bend over. Just yesterday I got a full view of the girls bits in front of me because your yoga pants were very thin and I made the mistake of glancing up to look at the instructor during downward dog.

100% cotton low rise briefs for me.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I go commando as well. However VS has seamless panties that leave no unwanted lines and don't ride up that much. I wear them sometimes.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I don't always change when I leave the gym and would prefer not to have granny panty lines ;-)

Hmm... so its ok to go out all sweaty and mussed from your workout but not ok to have panty lines? :huh: Sorry, that doesnt make any sense .... that is, assuming you get sweaty and mussed at the gym..... :huh: :indifferent: