TMI - gym underwear

Options

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I go commando. Trying to pull floss out of my *kitten* while running throws off my rhythm.
    The mental image in my head is glorious. Thank you....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Camel toe is a shorts/pants issue, not underwear. If your bottoms are so tight that they are riding up into the holiest of holies, you need pants that fit looser.

valid.

I have found certain materials are more prone as well. Thicker more structured (pretty much higher quality) stuff just doesn't cause those issues. Iv'e been wearing again- Target fitted capris for years and have never had camel toe.
  • deandretattooman3
    deandretattooman3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @akadrea...love me some cameltoe mami
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    naked is best
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This is why I love working out at home, I can pick my wedgies in peace
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike dry-fits and they're great lol.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I've been going commando but I get cameltoe, ROFL! Help a girl out! Any good workout thongs?

I just workout in my speedo. Its sooooo comfy. My favorite workout days are stiff legged dead-lifts. The hamstrings get really pumped.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i go commando too! I choose running shorts that have those built-in knickers (I guess it's a liner) and they are the most comfortable.

Those running shorts are amazing! I can find them at some places for $5 each. Best investment ever!
  • Trishab415
    Trishab415 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been using compression underwear, especially for cardio, but thats to keep things in place :) Not sure if they're feasable/needed for women

Yea I did Insanity one time in boxer shorts and I think I performed a helipenis about 5 times. That was the last time I wore those.

Funniest thing I have heard in a loooong time. I work at a detention center and busted out laughing when I read this. I am certain officers and inmates alike heard me laughing hysterically in my office!! Totally made my day!! Thank you :)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    O_O ew.... but all the sweat and general crotch wetness would get all over your pants, wouldn't it???

i just wear my normal panties and a pantyliner to soak up any excess sweat... but going commando? no thanks!
  • crissyrox
    crissyrox Posts: 94
    Options
    I've been using compression underwear, especially for cardio, but thats to keep things in place :) Not sure if they're feasable/needed for women

Yea I did Insanity one time in boxer shorts and I think I performed a helipenis about 5 times. That was the last time I wore those.

OMG literally LOL'd :laugh:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Tight workout pants or loose sweats....always go commando.

The worst thing is having a loaded barbell on your back, ready to squat and then feeling your panties are up your butt, so you have to rerack the weight and pick it out. Or when you have your hands all chalked up ready to pull a deadlift...oops, panties in my butt....and leaving white finger prints on your backside from the way too obvious wedgie pick.
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of comfort and preference. Personally I don't care if I have a panty line at the gym, I'm there to workout. Being comfortable is key. I use thongs and have rarely had any problems. I have ones I wear specifically for working out and ones for work. I will need to look into the Underarmor ones to see how I like them.
  • LoriCARoberts
    LoriCARoberts Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is quite possibly the funniest AND most informative post I've ever seen. I never worried about panty lines while working out... big granny panties here too. Sexy!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I wear plain white cotton hanes for workout. Not too concerned about the panty lines, and they don't ride up. I saw something on tv the other day that was basically like a cup for ladies to prevent the camel toe. Works for bathing suits, etc.
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Any form of exercise in a thong is a no go for me! Tried running once in one and in the words of Mrs Brown " I was flossing me yangyang"
    Big comfortable knickers for me, who cares about panty line as i'm there to work out not on the pull.

I'm with you on this one!
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

I honestly don't give a rats *kitten* either. I could never go anywhere commando because knowing me I'd get caught on something, and down would go my pants.

I wear 'boy shorts' when I go to the gym and I've never had a problem
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

Nope, I couldn't care less. That thought never crossed my mind before
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    great information girls!
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you buy properly fitting G or V strings it shouldn't be a problem.