TMI - gym underwear

Options

Replies

• joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am 100000 times more worried about a camel toe than I am about freaking panty lines. PRIORITIES. I would rather someone see the outline of my underwear than I would them see every single crevice of my cooch.

^^ my thoughts exactly. AND thanks for making me laugh!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I mostly go commando because when I sweat with spandex or elastic against my skin I tend to get rashes. I even have to be careful about how the bands of shorts or bras are formed. But, the hanky panky retro things work surprisingly well if you are wanting to go the underwear route. Mostly though I choose pants that avoid camel toes. I have a pair of old school lined spanx yoga pants that are great. or regular pants, look for ones that have contoured (rather than single seam all the way from front to back) crotches and ones that are double thick instead of single. This will usually avoid the CT.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I use the seamless yoga undies from Victoria Secret, I cannot have thongs up my butt during my workouts.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Sweaty people going commando... I sincerely hope you are super diligent with wiping down gym equipment. :sick:

You could try sticking a panty liner on the inside of your pants. If they're tight enough to cameltoe, they will hold the liner in place...

I wear regular cotton thongs, no wedgies, no commando, no pantyline.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

This. I don't care at the gym.

I would think going commando would create more moisture? No?
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Camel toe is a shorts/pants issue, not underwear. If your bottoms are so tight that they are riding up into the holiest of holies, you need pants that fit looser.

Meh, I like my shorts painted on.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Got through all 6 pages. Still no pictures :mad:
  • suse56
    suse56 Posts: 30
    Options
    I think there should be a class on appropriate workout attire. Hate seeing all the panty lines. No panties here!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I prefer special forces style myself....
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options

This. I don't care at the gym.

I would think going commando would create more moisture? No?

Nope, actually MUCH less.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

It doesn't bother me, either!

I wish I had advice OP, but a few panty lines are the least of my worries when I'm working out lol. I wear huge, ugly granny panties under my clothing and they're really comfortable. No wedgies over here! I usually change out of them immediately after my work out.

I hope you find something comfortable though!

YEP! I have a set of uglies that I use just for working out. I've also found at least for me that if I'm going to wear cute underwear under compression capris (my bottoms of choice), boyshorts tend to not have as much of a problem with VPL :)
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    VS Yoga line- have many different cuts. I swear by them.

THIS! They don't leave panty lines, and they are soooo comfy.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    OMG - lol, the only I issue I have is that my new pants are a bit "see-thru" ish, so I do make sure I'm wearing something that won't show badly (or atleast will make somebody laugh if they do spy something - like the kitty face - LOL)
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Compression capris and commendo here, so comfy. I don't have the camel toe problem but the pantyliner idea sounds interesting, might give it a try.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I always wear a thong. I can't go commando. Just isn't my thing. VS cotton bikini-style thongs (or pretty much any other brand). No panty lines and no worrying about it. I don't feel comfortable going commando. I have lots of booty and don't get wedgies though so idk what that's about. maybe weird pants? Even when doing squats I'm fine. I also have my basement set up as a gym so I guess I don't have to worry about what looks right. Shoot, I could work out in my undergarments if I wanted. I'm sure my bf wouldn't mind lol

Cotton thongs all the way!!
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been using compression underwear, especially for cardio, but thats to keep things in place :) Not sure if they're feasable/needed for women

Yea I did Insanity one time in boxer shorts and I think I performed a helipenis about 5 times. That was the last time I wore those.

Now there's a visual. . . as Chris Wallace would say, "Thanks for that!"
    For me, commando rules when it comes to working out. Way better than a wedgie.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but what about bike shorts?

I have been doing RPM classes at the gym and I now prefer to do my non-RPM workouts in bike shorts rather than my gym shorts with a built-in underpants. The bike shorts I use are proper cycling shorts with a cloth layer knitted into the crotch area for comfort which has the added benefit of your pants not riding up between your butt cheeks nor will you get an unwanted cameltoe.
    I find them far more comfortable and I don't have to worry about my gym shorts riding up and my shrink-wrapped 'bits' flopping out in front of the other gym users.
    All the best,

Ben
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sweaty people going commando... I sincerely hope you are super diligent with wiping down gym equipment. :sick:

You could try sticking a panty liner on the inside of your pants. If they're tight enough to cameltoe, they will hold the liner in place...

I wear regular cotton thongs, no wedgies, no commando, no pantyline.

easy- don't use equipment. and you should be wiping down benches regardless.

I don't understand either how it makes a difference- my skin never contacts the bench- we are wearing clothes??? I don't get the huge aversion!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Big comfortable knickers for me, who cares about panty line as i'm there to work out not on the pull.

Same here!