TMI - gym underwear

Options

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I cannot wear thongs anymore- they will give me a UTI. I do hate panty lines but with all the movement you do at the gym thongs are just not good for me. I wear cotton underwear and change out of it as soon as I'm done working out.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

Nope. I don't care either.

On the subject of thongs...I spend half my waking hours trying to keep my underwear out of there. I don't want underwear to ride all up IN there!

^^^ This!!
  • aquajen77
    aquajen77 Posts: 20
    Options
    Target Gilligan O'Malley seamless boy shorts are great for working out.
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get "sweaty and mussed" at the gym - it's usually a run to the grocery store on the way home. And, no, I don't like visible panty lines - ever. I may be working out but I still care what I look like - do you wear old raggedy sweatpants and holey t-shirts? To your gym? Doubt it... Just asking for advice from someone who might have suggestions not looking to get my workout attempts criticized, TYVM.

Off to look up the VS yoga line. Thanks
  • sholtscl
    sholtscl Posts: 1
    Options
    TC Edge, Style A406. Best underwear ever. Period. Boy-short style, silicone edge around leg opening, smooth and never rides up. Expensive but totally worth it.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

Nope, I'm with you.
    Cotton underwear, ladies. That's where it's at. Absorb all the sweat and keep all the things clean.

Me too! I just want to be comfortable.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know so many went commando at the gym or working out. I have a new motivation to hit the gym.

amen...
  • msmeg1984
    msmeg1984 Posts: 4
    Options
    I never have an issue. I wear the "Lacy" thongs from VS, they are one size fits most. My lululemon shorts have those built in knickers, but i don't know if that would be comfortable...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I go commando for exercise as well, and most of the rest of the time too. Just comfier that way.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I go commando for exercise as well, and most of the rest of the time too. Just comfier that way.
    do you do yoga too?
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    At the gym is the one time I cannot imagine going commando! Like the yoga pants being see-through comment....happened too many times for commando here.

However, a much cheaper than VS option is the bagged thongs they sell at places like Target and K-Mart. They're made like cotton briefs, definitely not "sexy" attire, but they're thongs and no panty lines.

Plus, having a large "t-back" part makes them not fall down or roll around all over the place when you're in a downward dog split (which is usually the problem). And gotta love that breathable cotton!

Just my 2 cents :D
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I don't wear underwear, I wear under armour. :)
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know anyone had underwear issues at the gym... I just change directly from my work clothes to my gym clothes and I've never had a problem in that area... But going commando sounds very uncomfortable. <_<

Totally agree
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I say just keep on doing what you are doing!

I appreciate women like you when I'm at the gym!

Gives me motivation to show up!

LMAO!
  • fit_ania
    fit_ania Posts: 26
    Options
    I train at home and yes, usually wearing my underwear - but only my cats can see me and they're gay so it's all good
  • Just_Alyssa
    Just_Alyssa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like to wear fitted capris to things like zumba and they ride up (my front!) I thought something underneath would help- I don't always change when I leave the gym and would prefer not to have granny panty lines ;-)

I got you. VPLs bug me too.

I wear VS Pink cotton low rise thongs most everyday including working out. But if it's a hot/muggy day and I'm headed outside for a run, I'll wear lighter-weight stretchy type ones. VS has some, even Target.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't know so many went commando at the gym or working out. I have a new motivation to hit the gym.

never knew either :// LOL
  • jesgaa
    jesgaa Posts: 17
    Options
    Got my shorts at ****'s, I guess they're like Under Armour, they don't go up my crotch or my butt and they wick away the sweat. Love them!!!
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all the replies, so maybe this already came up, but Target sells workout underwear in their C9 by Champion line. I've heard good reviews of them. :)