women 40+ would like to share progress

Options

Replies

• itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Good Evening!

I ran 3 miles before work today and then did another hour on the elliptical! Mexican food for Xmas lunch blah!

Welcome Mel!

Fran, yes! I'm training for a Half Marathon next April!!

Missou, I just wanted to tell you that I've been to Montreal about 4 times!! I loooove it, one of my favorite places. I went to Toronto for our honeymoon and Niagara Falls, Niagara by the Lake....beautiful!!
  • fransfit
    Options
    Awesome Bella!!! I bow to your cardio vascular health :bigsmile:

Not too bad today. Long day at work, so yoga stretchiwas my exercise of choice tonight. I usually do work out in the AM, but I had just gone to a conference on insomnia, depression and anxiety, and the woman said working out later in the afternoon to early evening could help with insomnia, a thing I've been having a little trouble with lately. And don't think this is super wimpy yoga tape. I always feel like I have a waist after I'm done with this workout. Muscles I haven't been in contact with since 6th grade i think. :embarassed:

Well, off to load up the rest of my food for the day, and call it a night. Have a restful night everyone!

Peace,
    fran
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well I decided today was a good day to buy another pair of tennis shoes. I find that I wear them out pretty quick, I get about 3 months out of them. When my feet start to hurt its time for new ones. I find it doesn't matter what brand. So I get them from Walmart now for about $20 to $30. I uesd to buy nike or rebock but the cost was getting to me. Ever since I had a ganglion cyst removed in 95, I've had problems. So anyway I guess I'm good for another 3 months.

I'm going to start back at the gym tomarrow. I'm so glad to be feeling better. I feel like I've fallen behind.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning ladies - I am very happy with DH... He finally got the wireless router hooked up at his parents (its only been sitting around for 2 years). He wouldn't do it for me but he wanted his iphone to work faster - I guess I'll take what I can get. We arrived safely and had good traveling weather. I only managed a quick 15 min workout yesterday - can someone invent a way to workout in the car - we spent 5 hours driving :grumble: I did well on calories yesterday and was 200 under for maintenance mode - again I have to thank DH. I was eyeing up all the good food (you can only eat so many salads) and DH said lets share a meal :love: So we got a Blue cheese hamburg, fries and chicken noodle soup but only half the calories. The scary thing was, I was actually full. Today we are going out for Middle Eastern food - I intend to pre-log my choices for hummus and falafeel (?sp). My running shoes are on but it's awfully cold outside 22 F - How do you do it Debra? I know, I just need to go out and try.

I want to join in on the 9/9 (if my 15 min yesterday counts) otherwise I will try to make it 8/8...
  • myaka0801
    Options
    HI I'm from Michigan, today I have begun my weight losss program...looking to drop 30 pounds....I am a Special Education teacher with one son who is 13....Monday will be the start of my month long boot camp....pictures to follow...
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!!! Hope everyone is in a good mood!

Welcome in our family Myaka. Make yourself at home!

Pinbot, Hubby and I often share our meal at the restaurant since I rarely finish my plate. It is a great financial decision and a great way to cut back on calories! Welcome to the 9/9 group. We will count your 15 minutes yesterday, it is better than nothing and it is what I should be able to do today :wink:

Boubou, I am glad you are feeling better. It is a good thing you found a good way to get your running shoes without busting your budget. Be carefull not to over do it in the gym.

Fran, stretching is also a great exercise, way to go!!

Bella, way to go!!! Working out in the morning is a great idea, you are sure to have done it at the end of the day if you are tired from a busy work day. Keep it up!!

When I woke up this morning, I was really sore. The rowing was not so easy on the back. I intended to do the Pilates videos today, but I don't know if my back will take it. Instead, I'll try the treadmill, the Gazelle, the bicycle and the AKP. If all is well, I'll also go in the stairs. If it is too hard today, I'll try to do at least 15 minutes of something.

My daughter decided to join me in the 9/9 club. She did 5 miles in 21 minutes on the bicycle yesterday and she went for a 30 minutes power walk outside today to go see her boyfriend. She will have to do another 30 minutes walk to come back later today. She is now up to 2/9. Way to go Vicky!!!

We are doing great ladies!! If we keep it up, we will lose weight on Christmas time. It will be a first for me.

LET'S GO EVERYONE... WE ARE GOOD AND WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Missou, what does 9/9 mean?
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Hello Bella, yesterday, I decided to start a new countdown, I find they are very helpful!! There were 9 days left in 2009 and I am working on doing a 9/9 by then. Yesterday, I got 1/9. Today, I will go in my training room even though my back is really sore.

If you want to join the 9/9 club, you are already up to 1/9. If you did workout this morning, you are at 2/9.
  • doit4me
    doit4me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello everbody, and Happy Holidays! I've been on and off the wagon and on again and back off and and and.. well, you know. I've been on this website for a week as of yesterday. AMAZING! When you really see how many calories are in things, even things you think are good for you, it explains some things, like my muffin top belly. BUT, being on this website and on the wagon again for 1 week, I've lost 4 lbs!! I'm MUCHO excited and determined to make 4 more for next week. I am NOT a water-drinker at all. Don't even like it. But, much to my surprise, the more water I'm drinking, the less I'm eating. That's huge for me.

I'll be 41 on Monday. I'm happily married and have a 24 year old son and daughter-in-law and the first grandbaby is on the way! Due in July! I have so many reasons to stay on the wagon, but the biggest one is for me. I want to give my family a happier, healthier me.

I have been walking at least 30 minutes a night and doing some Wii Fit or Biggest Lower for Wii as well. I have made a few trips to Curves as well. My workout bag is in my car, but we're having a nice blizzard today, so they're closed and for the rest of the week!! CRAZY!! But, I won't hesitate to jump on the Wii as opposed to laying on the couch. And, shoveling snow will burn some calories too. This is the first time in a long, long time that I've been inspired about losing weight.

May the spirit of Christmas warm your heart and overfloweth your cup!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Welcome doit4me.

Missou, I guess I'm 2/9 since I did another hr on the elliptical this afternoon!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Welcome Doit4me!!

You certainly are at 2/9 Bella!! As for me, I spent 15 minutes on my cycle, 15 on the Gazelle and 15 on the treadmill. I too am at 2/9! Hurray!!! :happy:

Let's go for some water now, I kind of need it :wink:
  • doit4me
    doit4me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't know what shoveling heavy wet snow is worth, but I did about 30 minutes of that. I've had dinner too. I'll grab 2 glasses of water and then get on the Wii. I see 4 more pounds in my future! It's exciting to see progress!

I LOVE all the people on here! What did I do without all of you folks!! We can do this! 2/9, yeah, we can do this!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Shoveling heavy snow is certainly an intensive workout. I cannot do it anymore because it is too demanding physically.

Have a good evening everyone!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just a quick Hello Ladies, Hello to the new members, when I have a few more minutes I'll check all the posts and get to know you:bigsmile: Today was a busy day of cleaning/cooking and the family here for Christmas....my oldest daughter and my 2 grandsons....it's been a really fun day, but I'm exhausted.
    Missou, only 1/9 for me....unless you count the never ending dishes I did today or the constant walking from stove to island....I didn't get any exercise in today:cry: but my middle daughter says if I just give her the computer now, I could go get some exercise in!!:laugh: :laugh: She's so funny!
    I will try to make things up tomorrow.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

We have had and amazing Christmas family gathering with dinner and exchanging gifts and a lot of laughing. I love the yearly traditions. Its midnight so I will read all the posts in the morning. I did well with staying within my calories today.
  • fransfit
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Welcome new people! I just recently joined this group, and was warmly welcomed.

Tonight is a friend's party full of yummy goodness, and you know what my plan is? To keep a glass of seltzer in one hand and talk with the other. Hey I'm half Italian, I think I can pull it off. :happy: My ohter thought is that the chips and salty things that seem to jump in my mouth at these things aren't as quick as I am now. I've been training baby! I have hours of TurboJam and elliptical -ing and I can whoop potato chips. WE ARE POWERFUL PEOPLE, RIGHT? Sorry, got carried away. :embarassed:

My contribution to this shin-dig is a cream cheese and cranberry spread, made with lowfat cream cheese, and dipping with celery sticks and peppers. Colorful, right?

Going to drag the elliptical in front of the the tv and get that over with. Then some last minute touches on a pair of mittens I'm making. Hope to check back in later.

Peace,
    fran
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!

My exercise today is snow removal if it is not to heavy. After that, I will get ready for tonight, the girls are coming home for Christmas :heart:

Take care and have a wonderful Christmas time!!!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Several things yet to get put together for Christmas Eve dinner, after rolling out the rolls around noon they will raise for a few hours and then we are ready. Left overs tomorrow, we leave for our 20th Anniversary get-a-way on Saturday. Looking forward to some quiet days after this hectic pace.

myaka0801: welcome to our group. The tools here have been very helpful to me as I have been working towards a healthier weight. Best wishes on your journey.

doit4me: glad that you found our group. Logging everything thing you eat, every day, putting it in black and white is such an eye opener for me. Welcome.

fransfit: is your cranberry spread made with fresh cranberries? Sounds delish and colorful too.

Wishing you each a Merry Christmas and a peacful New Year!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve! I did another 3 miles today and 25 mins of free weights and tons of dancing tonight!!! I'm from Puerto Rico and so we celebrate tonight!!! And, tomorrow will be at my hubby's mom's house...boring!...good food though and good wine! Can blend with the in-laws without the help of vinito!

If I don't check in again, know that I'm sending you allllll Christmas kisses and hugs!
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone will have a very Merry Christmas :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: .
    I would like to welcome all. I did get in some at the gym yesterday. But boy I could tell I haven't done anything for awhile. But I did some Ab crunches with 65lbs, leg presses with 70lbs, and yes my favorite the elliptical for 33 min. But boy did it feel great:wink: . But boy did i feel it later:laugh:. But anyway as Santa is on his way back to the North Pole according to noradsanta.com this is another Christmas come and gone. Hope everyone is haveing a great holiday. And believe it or not IT'S A WHITE CHRISTMAS IN NORTH TEXAS!! SO MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :love: :love: .