olympic events that r NOT a sport

Options

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    sport: [spawrt, spohrt]
    noun
    1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

That would be the dictionary proving your opinion doesn't constitute fact.

Competing for opinions...not a sport
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    bro, the men's gymnastic team could crack your skull with their thighs. please.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    sport: [spawrt, spohrt]
    noun
    1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

That would be the dictionary proving your opinion doesn't constitute fact.

When I wrote my post, I hadn't read yours and I used "physical prowess" on my own. I'm kind of proud. lol
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    I really don't understand this post. So unless it's a group of 250 pound men slamming each other to score a touchdown, it's not a sport?

Uh no, women's soccer, swimming softball, handball, bball just to name a few...r sports
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Macho posturing is very macho. GJ.

-continues to watch gymnastics in amazement-
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Cool story, bro.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    bro, the men's gymnastic team could crack your skull with their thighs. please.

So.could pro wrestlers...not a sport
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    competitive wanking.

Awesome. How would it feel to go home to the family.... "Sorry guys, I placed 4th in wanking"

He lost points for shooting blanks
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    bite me.

i agree with Jules.

those athletes work out for many hours a day to perfect their moves and technique....how can you say its not a sport?

so does that mean me being in a ring for oh less that 30 second and heaving a 9 pound metal ball as far as i can may not constitute a sport?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    While I disagree with your venue (as if you expected any other response from MFP forums than what you got) and your approach may be less than ideal, I at least understand what you're saying.

Now, forget I said anything and get back to bashing the OP...
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Anything based solely on judging is NOT a sport. Its performance. Is it hard? Yes, could i do it? No....is it a sport? Not even close

by the way, your definition of what is NOT a sport would also involve the following:

Ice skating
    Ski jumping
    Boxing
    Dressage
    Judo
    Taewondo
    Weight lifting
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Anything based solely on judging is NOT a sport. Its performance. Is it hard? Yes, could i do it? No....is it a sport? Not even close

by the way, your definition of what is NOT a sport would also involve the following:

Ice skating
    Ski jumping
    Boxing
    Dressage
    Judo
    Taewondo
    Weight lifting

Snowboarding
    Mogul Skiing
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I would say Badminton or (winter) Curling but then you watch it and they look like they are really working hard haha.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    U r all being completely illogical....no one argues these folks work hard and r in good shape, but its a performance....closer to pro.wrestling or ballroom.dancing than a truly competitive sport
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

Ice skating
    Ski jumping
    Boxing
    Dressage
    Judo
    Taewondo
    Weight lifting

Yes on.some, no on others
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Ice skating
    Ski jumping
    Boxing
    Dressage
    Judo
    Taewondo
    Weight lifting

Oh, but they are all judged sports OP, I thought you said all judged events were not sports?? Are you backtracking on your statement then?
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Don't feed the troll.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

Ice skating
    Ski jumping
    Boxing
    Dressage
    Judo
    Taewondo
    Weight lifting

I said sports SOLELY based on judging...i.e. Ice skating

Oh, but they are all judged sports OP, I thought you said all judged events were not sports?? Are you backtracking on your statement then?

I said sports SOLELY based on judging, i.e. ice skating
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Don't feed the troll.

dude im no troll
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Gymnastics, synchronized swimmimg and diving....those all moght as well b cirque de so

HOW DARE YOU.

I'll start with gymnastics. REALLY!?! You probably can't even do a handstand. Let alone do a double back off the high bar.

Synchronized swimming. Have you ever swam? How about treaded water? With your entire upper body out of the water? Without touching the bottom once? Lifting someone up? Upside down? Holding you breath?

All you probably do is sit at the gym and lift weights, no cardio.

I DARE you to jumping off a diving board that is 3 stories over the water.

GROW UP AND OPEN YOUR MIND.