Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Which food(s) have you given up completely that you just love or used to love?

For me:
French fries
Milk Chocolate
Breaded Chicken

Replies

• Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Reese's peanut butter cups :(
    Fried food (really difficult one during fair season!)
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    really just drinks

alcohol and soda

oh and any kind of candy and potato chips but i have never been a big fan so not hard for me to cut it out completely
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Actually, boxed cereals...

I have found almost all of them have too much sugar and carbs - even the "healthy" ones... Plain 'ol Oatmeal is king now...
  • its a long list!
    alcohol
    pizza
    fries
    chocolate
    cake
    cookies
    i should probably give up cheese and bread too but i just cant!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    soda and basically alcohol but I haven't sworn either off, I just don't feel they're beneficial to my overall goal
  • Any drink other than water! (Fizzy drink, cordial, juice)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Regular soda and I rarely drink diet soda
    Booze (only because I am pregnant)
    And now I am working on weening myself off coffee
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    soda.

but, thats basically it. Everything else I enjoy in life I have every now and again. And 9 times outta 10 within my calorie allotment for the day.
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    cheese---I'm a cheese freak and I eat too much!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Soda/Pop is the biggest one I cut out

I try to stay away from fast food as much as possible too... and chips and donuts. Because I know if those things are in my house, I will go on an eating binge. So I keep them far away :)
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    I didn't give up anything so far. I believe in evreything in moderation. I don't want to deprive myself and then end up gaining the weight back in the end.

I just try to limit stuff that's not good for me. Instead of having the XL french fry, I will have the small one if I am craving it. Some with ice cream. I can't live in a world where I can't get my ice cream on!!! :laugh: So, we go to a local frozen yogurt shop in stead. Tastes fantastic and has loads LESS calories.

I don't drink sode or take in any caffiene though. Been that way for a long time.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Haven't had soda or fast food in years (exception - if I'm on a road trip and fast food is the only reasonable option, I've been known to eat something from McD's...so maybe once every couple of years. And it always makes me feel slightly sick afterwards).

I really don't eat any fried or greasy foods either.

I wouldn't say that any of these things were a matter of "giving them up." Rather, in the past 15 years or so I've just come to realize that I don't like the thought of putting extra calories and fat from unhealthy foods into my body, so they slowly disappeared from my life. I don't miss them! :o)
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    None.

I just eat less of the things that are my weakness and far less frequently than before. If it fits into my calorie limit, I'll eat it. The difference is that instead of eating practically an entire bag of Doritos in one day, I'll have one single serving bag (1 oz.) once or twice a week, instead.
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Nothin!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Nothing! :smile:
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    completely gave up soda.

I havent gave up any specific foods, but I just have them in moderation :)
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Soda :( I slipped up and had one a week ago, though.. and never again. It was actually really uncomfortable to drink. My stomach was a mess!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Nothing. I still eat everything I always did. Within reason and made sure it's worked into my daily calorie allowance.
  • full fat mature cheddar cheese.:(
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Milk. It gives me a belly ache. I've cut WAY back on other dairy, such as cheese and milk chocolate. I probably have McDonald's about 2 times a year now - and regret it every time - I probably have about 5 donuts a year (and enjoy every morsel) - and I probably get a steak & cheese sub once every 2 years LOL.

I don't think I'm a 'give it up forever' kind of girl, apparently. :-D