OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP)

Options
Girls here it is the new thread.Welcome any newcomer and those of you who are familiar with this group lets keep up the great work.We have an awesome support system here so lets pull some big numbers this week.Everyone at least try to lose something this week and lets really stick to our guns with this challenge.By the way thanks Momoftwo for that awesome challenge.I am going full force with it.YOU ROCK!!! Come on girls lets do this and feel GREAT about it.

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Bump, just want to get this in my topics:bigsmile:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    double posted
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mstahl, I think it was you who said on the last thread: "I was so ready to quit after 20 minutes, but I told myself that unless my REAL reason was something other than "I HATE THIS" I had to stick it out and I DID!" I LOVE THIS. I am going to use this mantra all week! It fits me perfectly - thanks!!! :bigsmile:

Well, today was FINALLY the LAST OF THE FAMILY ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT EXTRAVAGANZAS. Whew. :explode: I tried, I really did. I did eat an entire Belgian waffle, but I planned for it and did not go over too badly with calories considering. I am so glad the buffet bingeing is over. I am just too new to this weight loss life to go to buffets. My willpower is not that sharp yet! Next Christmas it will be different. I will be more stable in my weight loss journey. I rode my bike for 80 minutes to help even things out! No excuses! :laugh:

Thanks for the challenge, momoftwo - that is a BIG challenge for me because I usually only do 40 mins a day. I am really gonna work for that 60! Heck, I did great today already with 80! (I also now have jello legs LOL)

check-in:
    cals: over but evened out with doubling my exercise
    water: 64 oz.
    exercise: 80 mins bike plus arm work
    proud: that I did 80 minutes on the bike (two different times)!!! PLUS I planned for my binge at the buffet instead of just attacking everything. That is HUGE for me!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hi guys...after a LONG, way too long of a "break" so to speak, more like a falling off the wagon and staying off I am back. This will be the year I do it :) Good luck to everyone!!

Courtney
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Awestfall, thanks for the new thread. I love the name. :flowerforyou:

Zora - AWESOME that you rode your bike for 80 minutes!! You rock!

Calories: 1373
    Exercise: C25k Week3. I kicked butt. I'm considering stationary biking for 30 more minutes. We'll see
    Water: Got all 64 in today. Trying for more now.
    Proud: I RAN FOR 6 MINUTES straight at the end of my c25k workout! I was supposed to run for 1.5 min, then 3 min, then 1.5 min, then 3 min but on the last run, I ran for 6 instead. Man, I was so proud. I think I probably could've even run longer but I so dread the puke feeling that would've come with it so I stopped. I'm just saying it may have been the longest I've ever run at once in my whole life -- nearly 1/2 a mile. :bigsmile: I've come a long way from nearly vomiting after running for 60 seconds! :laugh:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies.. Love the new name! I hope everyone is doing well today! Last night I had made the comment that eating the chocolate cake and enchiladas were so worth it. I stand corrected.. I woke up this morning and have paid for putting "junk" into my body today! arg.. Any way.. despite waking up not feeling the greatest I did manage to have a great day!

Calories.. stayed below
    Exercise.. did well.. 80 min today
    Water.. doing well.. almost there
    Proud... I am proud that I have made it this far! 1 day at a time.

Tomorrow I am going back to the new Dr. to hopefully figure something out with my thyroid. I will check back in tomorrow!
    Thanks so much for all of your support!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Just posting to mark this for later! My big challenge will be seeing if I can get myself into the freezing garage at 5:15 am? YIKES! But it would be SO GREAT to start off the day having exercised!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have been on a sugar binge since Christmas time :( and need to stop it now, but the sugar cravings are horrible. I have kept up working out, so I haven't gained yet. I am having trouble with the couch25k right now, because I have a cold, and having trouble breathing well running, so I am doing a walk/jog for 45 min 4 days a week, and will try the couch25k again, when I am better. Feeling a little down about the way I have been eating lately, and am hoping my motivation kicks in again! I want to lose another 50 pounds this year.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Arienne, Welcome Back!!!! So glad to see you here again!!!!!!!!!

Jenn, love your new pic. I am glad to see you too and I know you can kick those sugar cravings.

ColoradoGirl, keep us informed. I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Oooh, ooh, pick me! Can I join? :bigsmile:

What are the guidelines?
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Mommamccoy - each day we report how we did on our calories, water intake, and exercise - and we say one thing we're proud of!
    For example-

For Sunday-
    Calories - under (because we waited too late to do fondue, so I make healthy salmon patties!):smile:
    Water - a little under
    Exercise - 40 minutes on the elliptical machine (at like .6 mph but hey - I did it!):bigsmile:

Proud - that I stayed on that elliptical machine for 40 minutes trying to go super slow so I could get my heart rate down! :embarassed: I'm sure I'll get better soon enough by OH MY! .6 mph and I'm at 85% of my maximum heart rate - now that's just sad!

On Fridays we weigh in and whoever lost the most (by percentage lost) gets to make the next week's goals!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    mommamccoy: Welcome! This journey is all about a life style change for each of us to be able to make the weight loss permanent. This is a wonderful group ladies. Wishing you well towards you goals.

mstahl: You will get stronger and stronger. You are doing great. Good job on sticking it out.

jenn: give all the treats away and remove the temptation (or the garbage or the dog, whatever it takes). I can't believe I am even suggesting that. Not ever in my wildest dreams would that be an option in my past. Try yogurt for the sweet, or a piece of fruit. Good luck on the cravings. Hope your cold gets better soon.

momma2four: still drooling over your fresh oranges. yah I'm pathetic...

awestfall: great name 'new year new body'. I'm counting on it!

zorahope: glad that you did well at your dinner. A buffet is a huge weakness for me because I want to taste EVERYTHING. I am getting better at being more selective. It will become second nature for us to eat healthier the more we do it. You are doing well.

jlb123: It is nice to workout together from time to time. I love to go snow shoeing and skiing with my hubby.

I hope I haven't overlooked anyone. I look forward to reading the posts each day.

Calories: yes
    Water: not quite
    Exercise: no
    Proud of: I so wanted to comfort eat after my son left to go back to college but I didn't.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    :bigsmile: It's six AM and I'm half dressed for work, logging in and waiting for the fan to cool me down before I finish getting dressed because... wait for it... wait for it.. I EXERCISED THIS MORNING!!! :bigsmile: I was able to get up at 5 and get out into the 15 degree garage and after ten minutes I was so hot I'd stripped down to my t-shirt and pj pants!

I put in just 30 minutes because I had to shower and I need to leave for work by 6:15.:yawn: I'll take my hunting boots and an extra pair of warm socks to work with me so I can walk at lunch - that should get me my other 30 minutes so I can get my HOUR in :bigsmile:

Last night I dug out my mini crock-pot and put steal-cut oatmeal and water in it so I was able to have hot cereal this morning :) I'm not a big fan of carbohydrate breakfasts but I think its probably good to mix things up a little!

Does anyone here count the calories in their vitamins and supplements? It finally occurred to me that I take fish oil - which is obviously fat...:tongue:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    We I am dishing out 2 hours today and just stopping in to see how everyone is doing.Welcome newcomers and thanks everyone for keeping up with your challenges.I am glad everyone likes the new name and its going to come true for all of us.WE CAN COUNT ON A NEW BODY THIS YEAR even if we don't meet our goals this year are bodies are going to be NEW because we are losing weight.So keep up the hard work ladies.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    mstahl - I do count the calories in my vitamins. I think one of my multivitamins says it has 10 cals but the other says 0.

I grabbed a pair of pants from my closet in the dark this morning & threw them in the dryer to de-wrinkle with the clothes I had drying (yep, lazy). I put them on & was surprised they actually fit since all of my pants have been falling off me lately.

THEY'RE A SIZE 16!! I'm wearing a size 16 at work. WOOT! :bigsmile: I haven't been a size 16 since before I started dating my bf.

Sorry, I was so excited I had to brag. :blushing:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Morning girls!

Welcome all new and old members :happy:

everyone is back to school and work...I have a day to myself..well not to myself..my 4y/o is with me...i will be studying for my test so if i don't log on everyday..i hope you (girls) understand...i need to pass this test so i can go into my internship to a "soon to be teacher" Also, my spring semester will be starting soon...ugh...i had no real time for me...oh well..that's life..

Awestfall: I like the new thread...it speaks the truth.:flowerforyou: This will be the year i will be at my goal weight...for sure!

Momof2: thanks for the Challenge...i needed to boost my exercise from 30-40 minutes a day to an hour a day :flowerforyou: It's going to be challenging, but i am up for the challenge!

Zora: Congrates on willpower and resistance...i would have eaten everything in site...or maybe the old me would have...but i still don't risk going to a buffet...those crab legs gets me everytime:explode: and then the sweets...:heart:

Mstahl: Congrates for waking up and exercise at 5am...you are so brave and determined (i can't stand the cold whether - while everyone is shoveling snow i am inside under blankets - i am such a chicken)...i love your energy:flowerforyou: Keep it up:happy:

Jib: I understand what you are saying...i think the thinner we get the more we feel sexier...and we feel the need to show off our hard work....show it off ...strut your stuff...:laugh: ...

i will be back later..I hope i didn't forget anyone...if so i am sorry..didn't mean too
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

This is going to be a big year for me. It is my golden year. I will be 30 yrs old and I want to look fabulous. My birthday is in the summer and I'm looking forward to wearing a mini skirt for the first time ever! I have a lot to lose but am going to take it 1 wk at a time. I lost 30 lbs in 2009 and am going to work to lose 50 in 2010. I want to lose 5-8 lbs a month and all I can think of is cardio, cardio, cardio! Followed of course by drinking lots of water and watching these darn calories. I welcome any feed back or suggestions.

Good Luck to Everyone in 2010!

Take Care,
    Rachel
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Proud: I RAN FOR 6 MINUTES straight at the end of my c25k workout! I was supposed to run for 1.5 min, then 3 min, then 1.5 min, then 3 min but on the last run, I ran for 6 instead. Man, I was so proud. I think I probably could've even run longer but I so dread the puke feeling that would've come with it so I stopped. I'm just saying it may have been the longest I've ever run at once in my whole life -- nearly 1/2 a mile. :bigsmile: I've come a long way from nearly vomiting after running for 60 seconds! :laugh:

jlb123 - I'm so impressed you ran for 6 minutes - even when I was 12, skinny and ran around outside all day I couldn't run that far! I remember being shocked in our 7th grade fitness test when I couldn't run the mile!

And what is up with the puke feeling? I'm not killing myself on the elliptical (although you wouldn't know that from my heart rate or sweat rate) but about 20 minutes in I'm getting that salty saliva thing you get before you puke... I used to watch the ROTC kids vomit when they had their two mile run at the college track but they were totally pushing themselves and gasping and stuff. I didn't expect it when I'm moving the elliptical in slow-mo!

btw- heart rate experts... I'm shooting for 60-70% of my maximum heart rate for fat burning right? So far I can't go slow enough to get it down that far - I'm in the 75-85% range when I work out (at zero resistance and zero slope!:grumble: ). I assume my heart will start to get a little fit and that will resolve it's self?

Man - I read through this thread and I realize - :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WE ARE AWESOME! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

Welcome Road2Hotness, I know you can meet your goals this year. You have come to the right place if you need some cheerleaders cheering you on to that goal.

Mommamcoy, Welcome.......:flowerforyou:

jlb123, woohoo on those size 16's girl that is not too far off the average woman size.

mstahl, you are good. There is NOWAY I am getting up any earlier than I have to. You are awesome.

Okay TOM paid me a visit this morning. The scale says I am up 5 pounds :noway: I would be upset if I had not been keeping my cals down and exercising 1 hour minimum each day. So I KNOW this is a water weight issue again. My goal for this week is to lose 1 pound. I am planning to set myself weight loss goals each week. I am determined to get myself the New Body for this New Year:laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    By the way I love this title for the post. We should stick around here for awhile. I am always telling girls about us and as soon as I do we move. I am not sure how the rest of you girls feel, but what is wrong with sticking with this one? I know that once you post so many it automatically moves. I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks.