Freakin Deadlifts

Options

Replies

• tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I actually was messing around with the deadlift for the first time last leg day. I guess after reading this thread I am going to work on it. On your leg day...what do you do first? DL, Squats, Lunges?

I alternate every other day Deads & Squats. I never do them the same day.
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Deadlift day again and we all know how much I love deadlifts. Well 145 5x3 135 5*2. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the hexagon plates.

No kidding... I use to think hex plates looked so cool and then I got to use a set and had to DL for 3 reps, what a pain in the *kitten*; hex plates should be outlawed.

I don't think I've ever seen them, at least your bar won't roll away I guess...

Oh Nat I wish. Instead one side gets further away & your constantly pulling the bar & readjusting it. Pain in the butt.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day again and we all know how much I love deadlifts. Well 145 5x3 135 5*2. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the hexagon plates.

No kidding... I use to think hex plates looked so cool and then I got to use a set and had to DL for 3 reps, what a pain in the *kitten*; hex plates should be outlawed.

Hell yes they roll away, every single time. At least with the round bar you can set down the weight, adjust grip and lift again. With the hex plates, they roll every time. It's only about 6"...but that's enough to DESTROY your momentum.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day - ended out at 455x2, and 2 attempts at 500. Got it to my knees and stalled out.

But a good lift nonetheless - I'll get that 500 one of these days!
    Brutal. You are repping my max. On my last heavy set tonight I hit 405 x 5. I am happy with that.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Oh Nat I wish. Instead one side gets further away & your constantly pulling the bar & readjusting it. Pain in the butt.

Well I guess there's no glass half full then :( irritating!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Deadlift day - ended out at 455x2, and 2 attempts at 500. Got it to my knees and stalled out.

But a good lift nonetheless - I'll get that 500 one of these days!
    Brutal. You are repping my max. On my last heavy set tonight I hit 405 x 5. I am happy with that.

That's still sweet. In 3 weeks I'm hoping to hit 405 for a single. :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Just did 225x5. That's all the weight I have. Gotta go buy more plates before next Wednesday.

It looks pretty cool with a 35, a 25, a 10 and chingos of 5s on each end of the bar though.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Just did 225x5. That's all the weight I have. Gotta go buy more plates before next Wednesday.

It looks pretty cool with a 35, a 25, a 10 and chingos of 5s on each end of the bar though.

That's awesome man! Go get you some plates!! Pick up a couple of 45s. You gonna need 'em.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So I did a PB on my deadlifts today - 190lb x 5. I am really happy with my progress considering I only started doing them a couple of months ago at the ripe old age of 44!!
  • JNick77
    Options
    So I did a PB on my deadlifts today - 190lb x 5. I am really happy with my progress considering I only started doing them a couple of months ago at the ripe old age of 44!!

Wow that's really cool, gratz!
  • sjohnny
    Options

That's awesome man! Go get you some plates!! Pick up a couple of 45s. You gonna need 'em.

That's the plan. A pair of 45s takes me to 315 (320 actually) total. Enough for a good long while.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Outstanding!
  • JNick77
    Options

That's the plan. A pair of 45s takes me to 315 (320 actually) total. Enough for a good long while.

It may help you to get a couple 45's and a couple 25's then. It sounds like you have plenty of 5's. LOL
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Maybe not at the pace you been going! That's great man. I'm genuinely happy for you. Keep up the good work!!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Thanks!
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Started Stronglifts 2 months ago without any prior lifting experience. I hit a personal best for 5 reps yesterday. 92 kgs (~202 lbs). 'tis such an awesome stress buster, these Deadlifts!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mxeOvRzzZE
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Went and bought a pair of 45s the other day and used them to do my deadlifts this morning. 235 but I could only pull it 3 times. I'll try er again Monday.

Good news, I've got 320 pounds of weights now so I should be set for a while.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    The other day I finally managed 500lbs as a 1RM. Hellz yeah
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    congrats! Welcome to the big leagues
  • tobnrn
    Options
    Stoked. 155 5*3 & 145 5*2. Gotta start doing farmers walks cuz my grip is failing after 3 sets even with chalk. Love the gains.